More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:41:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Employee enabled Expresso?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Employee enabled Expresso?  (Read 3073 times)
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Request: Employee enabled Expresso?
« on: 2006 March 10, 16:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My employees cannot make themselves expresso at all, though they can take a cup that has been served by a playable sim.  Even controllable Managers can't serve or make expresso, and it just seems stupid to me that this option doesn't exist. Can anyone possibly make something that allows my employees to serve and make expresso, even with just the normal expresso machine.  In fact I'd like my dormies to use it too, heh the more expresso they drink the more they'll pee  Cheesy
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Request: Employee enabled Expresso?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 16:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pescado is making a "Break takes you" hack so employees take breaks efficiently, i think it is highly  likely the hack will make employees "caffeinate".
of course this is just my speculation
« Last Edit: 2006 March 10, 18:57:03 by LordHellscream » Logged
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 10, 18:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when playing the bookstore that the Expresso maching doesn't seem to give the same kind of energy it does at home.  Is that possible.  I had my playable Sim drink two cups of the stuff and not only did she not get the jitters, her energy level hardly rose.  Might it have just been that she was soooo tired?   Huh
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 10, 18:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that too, I had my playable sim caffeinate, and a while later, I went back to her and her energy bar hadn't risen at all hardly.  Espresso doesn't seem to do anything on business lots.  Undecided

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 10, 18:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it was the same as what happened in my game- my sim wouldn't finish drinking the cup before he would stop to complain about being low energy, and the cup would just disappear.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 10, 19:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like "Make Espresso" and "Serve Espresso" are not checked as available for "Visitors". Uncertain whether this excludes employees from use, but they should DEFINITELY be able to take it. We'll see if they lock up when the break takes THEM!

As for espresso not doing anything on business lots, this is apparently unsubstantiated: There is no test for motive settings on whether or not it is a business. Espresso performs a flat benefit.

HOWEVER: Sims will simply chug their cup if their motives, including energy, are very low. Due to the rather baffling way espresso works, the longer you hold it in your hand (whether or not you actually drink from it), the more your energy goes up, so if you chug it, for some reason all that caffeine you just swallowed in a single gulp has no effect on your energy, and all that water you chugged has no effect on your bladder. Meaning it can be a very uphill battle at very low energy.

Also, if you don't compulsively chain-drink, the espresso has little effect on top of the above. In order to truly benefit from espresso, you need to either hover like a hawk and chain-drink by hand, or MacroCaffeinate. If you simply sit idle for a few minutes, you'll probably lose the benefits you gained from it due to the first effect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 11, 13:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Expresso is fine on business lots, it doesn't seem to be as beneficial as in the dormitories but it can do the job.  I've been using it an awful lot Wink.    If you have others drinking at the same time, the chatting will slow things down and make a cup more beneficial.   If you let the energy get too low, the expresso won't be much use.  It will only work well up until a certain level.  You can use Energisers on business lots by the way, but if you use SnapDragons it seems a waste to use it just for energy.

I like the sound of 'Break takes THEM!'    Breaks are just wasted on them right now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: