More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 06:13:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where are all the darn reporters!?!?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where are all the darn reporters!?!?!  (Read 5398 times)
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Where are all the darn reporters!?!?!
« on: 2006 March 09, 08:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've opened 2 business now and still havent seen a single reporter!
my electronic store is rank 10, and my home business is rank 5 now....
made almost a million simoleon and still no reporter!!?
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Re: Where are all the darn reporters!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 08:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea. Probably out partying in Nightlife together with my reporters, which also seem to have gone missing. So far I have opened around 7 shops, all of which have reached rank 7 or more, and i have seen 1 reporter, once. And thats it.

If i were their editor, I would fire their ass!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 12:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they're all hanging out in my game....i have only 3 businesses going in it and all have low ranking and all have had the Whipper out of the Notebook at least 3 times each  Roll Eyes
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 14:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the pre-made businesses have had one in my game, but every one my Sims have started have had them appear straightaway.  I don't like the way they buy a lot and it's automatically open for business when what you want them to do is spend a few hours there making stock before they open.  What's the point of a reporter turning-up when there's nothing to sell?  He's bound to write a bad review!  And why are all the reporters male?  Excuse me, but I was a journalist once and I AM A WOMAN.  I've also had three different reporters created on three different lots, too.  I sincerely hope that's the maximum and it doesn't create a new one for every business.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 15:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second lot that I loaded after getting OFB got a reporter on the first day the store was open.(It was the Delarosa flower shop) I didn't even know that it was a reporter until the dialogue came up: "You got a good review." I saw a Sim walking around with a notebook, but I didn't really pay any attention. Then with the first business I opened (A home business with a ticket booth and flamingos for sale) I got a reporter on the very first day (level 1 business) who gave me the "best of the best" award. It sure didn't take much to impress the reporter. Now, business is really easy. I hardly have to do any selling because every time a Sim walks by the "best of the best" sign they get the urge to buy something and the "buy" meter starts out rather high.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw whether a reporter decides to come to your lot.

I've opened 2 business now and still havent seen a single reporter!
my electronic store is rank 10, and my home business is rank 5 now....
made almost a million simoleon and still no reporter!!?

Seeing as how earnings don't affect business rank, I don't think it would affect whether a reporter comes to your lot or not.

It would make a lot more sense if reporters were more likely to come once your business reached, say,  level 5 or so. I guess Maxis doesn't like to make things challenging.

Be your own fish.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 15:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like the way they buy a lot and it's automatically open for business when what you want them to do is spend a few hours there making stock before they open.

As soon as possible, pause, go into Buy Mode, and get yourself an open/closed sign. Then direct your Sim to close the business so you can do that work. Businesses without open/closed signs are always open when your Sim is present.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 09, 22:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of the pre-made businesses have had one in my game, but every one my Sims have started have had them appear straightaway.  I don't like the way they buy a lot and it's automatically open for business when what you want them to do is spend a few hours there making stock before they open.  What's the point of a reporter turning-up when there's nothing to sell?  He's bound to write a bad review!  And why are all the reporters male?  Excuse me, but I was a journalist once and I AM A WOMAN.  I've also had three different reporters created on three different lots, too.  I sincerely hope that's the maximum and it doesn't create a new one for every business.

a few of my reporters have been women, and all my businesses are on premade lots, though one is a business i started in a premade home
haven't got around to doing my own stuff yet
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 09, 22:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a lady reporter in one of my shops. She gave me a good review too. Smiley

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 10, 09:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to use the best of the best reward from one business on other business?

there was finally a reporter showed up in my home business (pay to stay) and since the ticket is very high (the default regular price is about 90 and i set it to 200 per hour) so he wrote something and immediately decided to leave
i had to use the mind-control mirror and cancelled his leave action (force error + reset) and send him to the hot tub
then have my sim jumped in and ask another 2 customers to join. then he stayed there and i had my servo Rally Forth nearby to keep all his motives up
he stayed for whole day (24 hours or more), and got 5 stars
when he left he said gonna write a good review and also gave me a best of the best reward
 hanged it on a wall near my ticket machine, customers seemed notice the reward but because of the rediculously expensive price they still start at very low buy bar (it didnt help because either way it will take 1 dazzle to get them buy the ticket)

since its worthless on my home business im wondering if i can use it on my electronic store?
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 10, 14:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My business got bad review. It was a Maxis made shop and all I did was put a bit more stock into it prior to opening. What can be done to ensure a good review, or is it just random?
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 10, 14:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think if u get at least one positive on customer loyalty bar then you get a good review
if you get a negative then u get bad review
check the customer loyalty of the reporter to find out
its kinda hard to get anything sometimes
just spot the reporter asap and sell him stuffs, or keep him occupied and dont piss him off
if he is left idle he will leave quickly and u wont get anything
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 10, 14:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he actually comes by your business, and doesnt just stay away forever. I have still to see one in my game....

And i am now past the 5 level 10 businesses. Im guestimating my sims have spent around 30 or so days total on their business lot, with the open sign on, selling oodles of things, but no reporters. Dangit!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 10, 18:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like we should be able to invite a reporter to the lot.

Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 10, 20:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can cheat the reporter onto a lot.

There's a "spawn reporter" option on the testing cheats Badge Juicer.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: