More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 15:36:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Environment Score...Tanked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Environment Score...Tanked  (Read 7313 times)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Environment Score...Tanked
« on: 2009 March 31, 15:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have good taste.  I decorate things nicely.  Rooms are neither gaudy nor sparse.  So why is it that I had ONE room in a house that nobody liked?  No matter what I did; colors, objects, lighting...the environment score immediately plummeted in this room until sims were crying out for instant clean-up on aisle twelve.  Fine.  I bulldozed the lot.  Yes, that is how much it bothered me.  I built a new house.  It was very pretty, modernish with a hint of the Orient.  Took me all day.  Moved my sims into their new digs and lo and behold...they hate a room.  A different room; different size, different shape, different decor...DIFFERENT!  Now I am starting to think that perhaps the lot is actually an Ancient Burial Ground of some sort, and my sims can sense the ominous spirits of the dead beneath the floor of that one particular room.  How else can I explain the red enviroment score?  Can anyone explain?

(I tried to read Gali's "Sims can see colors" thread, but did not get past the first page...if the answer is contained within that thread, just let me know and I'll suffer through it).

This seems so simple.  Everyone knows that lighting and objects, even windows affect enviroment score.  But what could be causing this?  To note, there are no invisible objects stuck on the lot, no hidden trash...nothing.  The lot was clean when I bulldozed it and clean when I rebuilt.  What gives?
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Environment Score...Tanked
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 31, 16:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one floor, Polished Bamboo Light I believe is the name, that always tanks the environment score whenever I use it. I don't know why, it's 4 simoleons per square, and I've used cheaper floors that don't have that effect.

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 31, 16:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I believe that is exactly the floor I am using.  At least, I know that I am using a light wood, and did in both houses.  Hmmm.  Is it recycled from trash and the ashes of burned ramen, I wonder?  It did not occur to me to change the flooring.  And why would it occur to me?  I will try this.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 31, 16:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The house was perfect, and decorated just the way she liked it, except for the damned light bamboo flooring in the dining room.  Every time she entered that room, Susie Gilscarbo (sister of Goopy) felt an overwhelming sense of foreboding and evil.  Maybe there was something after all to the weird stories Emma was always telling about how EAxis Flooring Pty. Ltd. had harvested a bamboo grove that had grown over an "ancient Indian burial ground"TM...

Tribulatio proxima est
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 31, 16:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, where did that come from?  Whose story is that? 
Freaky.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 31, 17:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha, now I know what I need to do if I want to torture folks, or create an uncomfortable atmosphere.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 31, 17:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly, those mosaics that are used as pool walls have some hideous Environment-draining effects as well. It's been awhile since I've used them, though, so i can't say if that issue's been fixed.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 31, 17:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims have long hated the pool.  No matter what is done to the pool...lights, walls, floors, they hate it.  I have just accepted this.  But the house?  I am going to kick myself if I bulldozed the lot because of some stupid flooring.  And then laugh.  I will laugh.  Silly snowbawl, don't you know that light bamboo is teh evil?
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 31, 19:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it weren't for the tanked room score, the bamboo would be my favorite floor.
I first discovered the evil properties of the bamboo floor while playing a lot made by Emma, one of her empty shop lots for OFB. I had changed the floor she built it with to the bamboo floor. Customers ran screaming from the place, and the owner's environment score was in red. I spent all his money buying expensive paintings, statues and other decor, and sold anything that was cheap. Nothing worked. I started wondering what the hell Emma had done to make Sims hate this place so much, lol. Then I finally tried upgrading the floor and the environment score went up immediately. At first I thought it was the relativeness cheapness of the bamboo floor, but I knew I had seen cheaper floors not tank the room score like this floor. So I experimented with it, seeing the room score with the bamboo floor vs. the room score with equal or lesser priced floors, and the bamboo floor always tanks the room score.
It is truly an evil, evil floor.
inrez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 31, 19:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone fixed that Bamboo flooring but I cannot remember where I read it and I couldn't find anything from google.  Hopefully someone will remember and be able to post the link.

I think the person who fixed it also gave instructions on how to fix it yourself with Simpe?

Sorry to not be very helpful.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 31, 22:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't check in game, but I think I found the culprit. Try this (not sure if you have to put it in game files, but I think in Downloads should do).

EDIT: Tested, apparently it works. Removed from here and posted in Peasantry, for neatness.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 01, 08:31:50 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: