More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 22:05:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request: Re-Animating Custom Hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request: Re-Animating Custom Hair  (Read 6544 times)
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Request: Re-Animating Custom Hair
« on: 2007 August 24, 23:23:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several custom hairs that have really bad animations (like Peggy's in particular). I saw that there was a tutorial of sorts for removing the animations. However, I really like animated hair, and I was wondering if there was some kind-hearted and adept person who would take on the task of adding new animations to some of the hairs. I am computer-graphically challenged, else I would simply ask for a tutorial (unless the task is simple, which I doubt). I know this is kind of a big thing, and if someone could do this I would be eternally grateful.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Request: Re-Animating Custom Hair
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 25, 00:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darlin', you'll need to be more than an 'epic level bitch' to survive here.  Grin

People don't really do requests here and hair is not a main focus. You'd probably be better asking at MTS2 or something.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 25, 01:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people will not take on fixing other peoples work. There some kind of unwritten rule going on. Fixing  EAs mistakes however...

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 25, 03:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda figured this was the response I'd get. Oh well.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 25, 03:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renegade Sims 2 is working on fixing some pay meshes, mostly Peggy and Rose. She doesn't have much up, but it's something. You could try PM'ing her at PMBD if there's a specific mesh you are dying for a fix on.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
akatarli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 25, 04:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dead link? And who exactly should I be PM'ing?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 25, 06:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem, Google could work if you can't clicky, you know. Which you should be able to do...it's working on my end. Here it is non-hyper: http://www.renegadesims.co.nr/
PMing instructions are on the site.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 25, 07:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people will not take on fixing other peoples work. There some kind of unwritten rule going on. Fixing  EAs mistakes however...
Untrue. I fix other people's work...it's just that I rarely *USE* said work. However, the community tends to regard revising someone else's work as an Act of Evil, so such things are rarely publicly posted anywhere. I fixed the Windkeeperian Mailbox thing, though. However, since animating hairs, or really, doing anything with them, is Skills of an Artist, which I completely lack, there's nothing like that here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 25, 10:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link works for me.  I love the concept.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 26, 01:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed the Windkeeperian Mailbox thing, though.
Fixed how? I use that quite frequently and haven't noticed a problem. I did do a few additional recolors so that I could have some mailboxes that weren't that same 'ol same 'ol white.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 26, 02:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made the file smaller, less bloated, made it so sims wouldn't put non-bills on it, thus blocking it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 26, 17:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the Requests section (in the Gifts forum) at SFV is also a good place to ask about this sort of thing. Someone there even fixed that one really atrociously badly animated Peggy mesh -- the one that has slightly eh animation for most ages, but flops around all over the head on teenagers. (I downloaded it, but last night discovered that XM's newest hair is similar and way prettier, so I deleted all the other hair I had in the same vein.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 26, 18:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Made the file smaller, less bloated, made it so sims wouldn't put non-bills on it, thus blocking it.
Ah yes, I remember that. Stupid simmies picking up the paper, reading, and dropping it on the shelf. Haven't seen that forever because all of my neighborhoods have dedicated and enthusiastic paper-stealers.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: