More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 23:20:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making Medicine with the Science Career Reward
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making Medicine with the Science Career Reward  (Read 4270 times)
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Making Medicine with the Science Career Reward
« on: 2007 June 30, 08:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing that it's not possible to cure a sick Sim using the Science career reward, since I tried having a sick Sim make 8 medicines in a row but they didn't work and he died shortly thereafter. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a mod made to enable the medicine from this machine to actually work to cure disease (or if there already is such a thing could some kind individual point me in the right direction).

Yes, I'm aware that orange juice will cure the common cold, but the sickness that's running rampant in my Legacy family (that's already killed off the parents (one of whom was Akatonbo) and I had to cheat by summoning the kids' aunt so they wouldn't be taken away) is the flu. Both parents were sick for a long, long time and would refuse to stay in bed or sitting down in order to get better.

I admit that I do have the real-sickness mod installed, but I have removed it until I can find a way to actually 'cure' any illness in an emergency.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Making Medicine with the Science Career Reward
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 30, 08:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need the biotechfix, located in Pescado's hack directory:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/hacks/

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 30, 08:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paladin (Simwardrobe) has a sprayer device that will eliminate all sickness emitters from a Sim or lot.

Macro - Power Idle, or meditate (for high logic Sims) works well for me to eliminate sickness (and deal with preggo Sims). Since using pioupiou's adjustments for the real sickness mod (required -- without the fix sickness is 100% deadly) these methods have give me a 100% recovery rate.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 30, 08:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meditating! Why didn't I think of that?! *smacks self on forehead*

BastDawn, thanks for pointing that one out to me. I have the whole shebang downloaded but have yet to browse through the entire list of fixes it contains. I'll put that in right now. Thanks!

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 30, 13:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhoh. I hope I at least at a good life until my untimely demise, and that my kids are either cute or amusingly ugly. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 30, 22:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your kids are ridiculously adorable, I assure you. Smiley I'll post pics for you in your Made Up Animals thread.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: