More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:35:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The case of the disappearing simoleons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The case of the disappearing simoleons  (Read 7700 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
The case of the disappearing simoleons
« on: 2005 July 18, 01:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh

I had Tosha Go drop out of university (despite her excellent grades) because she was in a massive hurry to marry Amin Sims.  She had next to no money, so moved on to a tiny little lot, on a hill, got him to come over, married him, so they had about 18,000simoleons and could move into one of those cool little condo things in Pleasantview. (note, I use the word cool with great sarcasm as none of the bedrooms in those things it seems has enough room for a double bed so had to remodel the top floor).

Tosha and Amin Go then had baby Amy (Amy Go, geddit, geddit? :groan: ), saved up a bit of money courtesy of Amin's very well paying job, and moved out into the old Dreamer house.  After partially furnishing the house, with about 200simoleons leftover, the family settled into their routine.  After one day at work, Amin earned about 1500simoleons so that brought the tally up to about 1700.  After purchasing a few essentials like a smoke detector, high chair, couple other baby things and burglar alarm, they had 944 simoleons left over.  Amin went out to work the following day while Tosha was dealing with baby Amy.  I looked at the money level, which had suddenly dropped to 644simoleons.  A little later it dropped again to 444simoleons.

No bills had come in yet, and no chance cards had come up.  This is the only family it's happened to, and the only thing that's unique about them is Tosha dropping out of uni, and both parents originally being townies (usually at least one of my starting sims comes from CAS).

Any ideas?  Is the ghost of Darleen Dreamer stealing my money?

<insert witty comment here>
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Re: The case of the disappearing simoleons
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 00:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit.  Happened again.  With a uni household that could least afford it.

Beau Broke and Lucy Burb had 216simoleons, then (with no purchases, no maid, no nothing) suddenly it was down to 146.  The bills arrived shortly after and thankfully they were able to (just) afford to pay.

Gah.

<insert witty comment here>
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 00:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One possibility that comes to mind is that you have a hacked refrigerator that automatically refills itself at midnight, along with the incuring costs.  I know that Inge has one of these at SimLogical, but I don't know if it charges the household for the food it buys or not.

---
Torkle
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 12:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Torkle
I know that Inge has one of these at SimLogical, but I don't know if it charges the household for the food it buys or not.

Inge's refrigerator does not charge, at least not in my game. I put it in my houses because I can't deal with the stupid delivery person any longer, and going to community lots is a pain in the neck on my little old computer. I offset the money they are supposed to pay for groceries by buying trees and shrubs (thanks to Inge, the shrubs don't need maintenance).

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 19, 12:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it'd be funny if your lot could become so overgrown that sims navigate it with a machete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 12:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would indeed be funny to watch. How about a few cobras and tigers (or wild boars) thrown in for additional fun?

However, I do delete the things when they have gone down in price (worth?), that way I don't have to worry about overgrowth. True, I could go into SimPe and take their money away that way, but I don't feel like exiting the game, opening SimPe and then going back in (does that mean I have a recessive lazy streak as well, hmm?).

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 18:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, wild boars wouldn't be much fun without a tank. Have to find a way to fix my sims tank-less-ness when Nightlife comes out . . . heh heh heh.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 19, 20:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I have to watch for. I never thought of this, but I'm pretty sure someone with talent for this will make a tank; that is, if there really are cars in the expansion. I'll have a lot of time observing because I won't even touch the EP without JM and TJ having a go at it first.

G.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 03:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I have to watch for. I never thought of this, but I'm pretty sure someone with talent for this will make a tank; that is, if there really are cars in the expansion. I'll have a lot of time observing because I won't even touch the EP without JM and TJ having a go at it first.

G.

I think I'm with you on this!  I've had enough problems with the game already, and it would be nice to play it once all the worst defects have been put right!  That way I won't end up with my Aspiration Meter in the RED!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 20, 21:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. I'm not getting NL until JMP has had it for at least a month. And even then I might wait for a while. I have no particular interest in any individual sim being able to go on dates, as my style of play tends to focus on the grand arc of the neighborhood.

I also don't trust any Maxis product that Will Wright was not personally involved with, and now all the Sims games fall under that category since he has moved on to Spore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: