More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 17:25:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  YA pregnancy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: YA pregnancy?  (Read 15479 times)
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
YA pregnancy?
« on: 2005 August 04, 15:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never heard of this before, but my young adult male was at Uni, just taken his final exam and decided to "Look through telescope". You guessed, he was abducted.  So the following morning he has his graduation party and goes back to Lakeside. The following day is fine, but he starts throwing up, and I think to myself, is he? or has he got food poisoning?. Had no notification that he was ill, but I didn't think he could be pregnant. He trots of to bed, sleeping in the top bunk, and all is well. Next morning he gets up at 4am and blow me, he pops! I don't have the teen pregnancy hack, so has anyone any ideas?
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: YA pregnancy?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 15:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me too he got abducted just before graduating and when he moved back to the neigbour hood he was pregnant.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 16:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read, YA males who get abducted at Uni come back pregnant, but the pregnancy is "on hold" until they return to the neighborhood.  I don't know if this was intentional on Maxis' part or an oversight, but there you have it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 16:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the bulk of this site blames Maxis for just about everything, including the Holocaust, so let's just assume it was their fault.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 18:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the bulk of this site blames Maxis for just about everything, including the Holocaust, so let's just assume it was their fault.

it has to be boolprops fault

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 19:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Twain, I know I'm a wuss, but I only ever use boolprop for building. so it's not that
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 20:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was under the impression that young adults couldn't get abducted. Hmm, guess that's not true.

This will require some testing.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 21:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've read, YA males who get abducted at Uni come back pregnant, but the pregnancy is "on hold" until they return to the neighborhood.  I don't know if this was intentional on Maxis' part or an oversight, but there you have it.

This is true however if you have your sim move house whilst still living on campus, he will have a normal pregnancy. Cheesy

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 21:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, except that he doesn't have maternity clothes, so he goes naturalist style.
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 04, 21:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, except that he doesn't have maternity clothes, so he goes naturalist style.

That is true, and it also causes other problems such as the baby not aging plus the baby cannot be moved back to the neighbouhood without a cheat.  I thought I'd mention it as I recently moved a sim into my Greek house and he started to show Smiley

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 04, 23:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!   Shocked

That is true, and it also causes other problems such as the baby not aging plus the baby cannot be moved back to the neighbouhood without a cheat.  I thought I'd mention it as I recently moved a sim into my Greek house and he started to show Smiley

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 05, 00:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a way to move kids and other folks back from the university without resorting to hacks or cheats.

Have a sim who lives in the main neighborhood invite the folks with kids to move in.  They can bring their kids with them.  You can always just have them move right back out again if they're entering the wrong household, and you'll have them back in the sim bin where you wanted them.

When sent my star line family to college (ref: Chapter 22 in Tales of Happy Valley), I used on-site sims as anchor points at both ends to invite them to and from college.  No problems.

Sim babies that are conceived on campus don't seem to develop until the parent moves back to town.  However, if a sim is pregnant when she moves to campus, they will be born on campus.  This happened in my game, in the case of Meadow Thayer:

Meadow's twins were born on campus during an early morning jam session.

Amusement: It had been months since I last played the household where Meadow was living.  When I sent her off to college, I was unaware that she was pregnant.  So she surprised me with this baby bomb when she popped into the second trimester after registering for college!
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 05, 09:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a way to move kids and other folks back from the university without resorting to hacks or cheats.

Have a sim who lives in the main neighborhood invite the folks with kids to move in.  They can bring their kids with them.  You can always just have them move right back out again if they're entering the wrong household, and you'll have them back in the sim bin where you wanted them.

I'm afraid that doesn't seem to work SimsHost.  Sims in the regular neighbourhood can only invite YA townies to move in and they immediately transition into adults.  Player sims need to drop out of college or graduate, however the babies are left behind.  I'm really not sure how you managed to move them Huh

PS phyllisp I unfortunately said something a litlle stronger than oops when my fraternity sim started to show Grin  I really wasn't expecting that at all!

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 06, 05:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Sims in the regular neighbourhood can only invite YA townies to move in and they immediately transition into adults.  Player sims need to drop out of college or graduate, however the babies are left behind.  I'm really not sure how you managed to move them Huh

Erm... I did it exactly as I said, by first inviting them into a household on campus and then, after they got their college degrees, inviting them into a household back in town.

Maybe it'll be more clear if we take it step by step.  You can pretty much follow the procedure in the Tales of Happy Valley.  The story embellishes on the game play, but the screen shots are pretty much in chronological order.

1. Anchor sim ("Gloria Baybrace"), an adult, becomes a Young Adult via the Testing Cheats, moves to college, builds a house.  (Obviously with multiple motherlodes.)  Gloria is the anchor at the college end because she is an important character in the story, but the anchor could have been any playable sim on campus.  Gloria and her sister Della got to campus by having yet another on-campus sim invite them to join an on-campus household.  Then they moved out of that house, bought a lot, and built Manse Collegium.
Chapter 31: (http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10163#10163)

2. Gloria invites a member of the family to join her household at college, and the whole family moves into the house on campus.  (The helicopter is obviously a stage prop.)  The two adults (Greg and Sheba) become Young Adults and sign up for school after they get to campus.
Chapter 33: (http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10192#10192)

3. Mom and Dad spend a few days getting their college degrees.  Kids have amusing adventures but don't go to school and don't age.  The infant ("Barry") stays an infant all this time.

4. Anchor sim at the town end (Giles Edward Bennett) invites a member of the family to join him back in town, and they all move back.  In this case, Giles invited Greg to move in, and Greg had the option to bring all the members of his family back with him.  It could have been any sim in town who was best friends with Greg, but again, I wanted the Bennetts back in Manse Orleans where Giles lived so that's how I did it.
Chapter 68: (http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12138#12138)

5. Upon their return to the neighborhood, Mom and Dad do immediately grow up to adulthood, and he shows up wearing a clown suit that he wouldn't be caught dead in.  The infant Barry also started aging again as soon as they got back to town and soon grew up to be a toddler.
Chapter 69: (http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=12140#12140)

I've done this many times now, with nary a glitch.  If you look through the story you'll see Greg's grandmother Hazel do a cameo appearance at Manse Collegium, newly rejuvenated as a Young Adult.  Hazel and her husband are also sims who started out in town (as elders), got invited into a campus household, became Young Adults, got degrees, and then moved back to town by being invited into a household in town.

Meadow is another one.  One of the dormies invited her to move into the dorm, and she did.  She was an adult when she got pregnant in town.  She changed to a Young Adult after she got to campus, but she was still pregnant and had her babies in the dorm.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 06, 11:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meadow is another one.  One of the dormies invited her to move into the dorm, and she did.  She was an adult when she got pregnant in town.  She changed to a Young Adult after she got to campus, but she was still pregnant and had her babies in the dorm.

I have to admit, I'm vastly confused.  The option to "propose move in" isn't available to dormies.  Unless ..... when you say "invited," are you doing this all by boolprop?  I'm not real conversant with it, but I seem to remember one can move anyone in using it .... Yeah, that's probably what you did, nevermind, I'm on my first cup of coffee.  Might be nice, though, when you go through your steps, if you mention where you use the debugging codes and where you use actual gameplay options.  Some of us are foolprop-challenged  Cheesy

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 06, 13:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I cannot get your method to work at all SimsHost.  I have two students named Tom Freshe and Simon Goldman living in the ‘Broke' Fraternity.  They were halfway through their final semester so I played them and let them graduate.  They are now living in the fraternity with 70 hours left before they need to leave campus.  Ex-member Zack Hourvitz lives in Pleasantview and as he is best friends with both of them, he asked them both over.  I did not have a propose move in option so I'm not sure what's happening with your game.  As mentioned above, sims in the regular neighbourhood can only invite YA townies to move in and they immediately transition into adults.  Player sims need to drop out of college or graduate before they move to the sim bin ready for merging into a household.  As phyllisp mentioned, you cannot propose move in when living in a dorm either Huh  Sorry, but I can't see how you can move sims from campus to the neighbouhood without resorting to hacks or cheats.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 06, 14:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... The option to "propose move in" isn't available to dormies... 

Erm... in my game, dormies can invite people to move in.  I was unaware that this is not a feature of the base game.

It's not the Testing Cheats (see below), so I'm wondering if maybe it's the teenwoohoo_6 hack.  That hack pre-dates Unverisity.  It has a feature that allows you to move in townies of any age so that you can rescue children and teens from Never Never Land.  (It also allows teens to woohoo, of course.)

Cheats Used in This Story

I noted in the little step-by-step story above that I used the Testing Cheats to revert adult and elder characters to Young Adult so that they could go to school once they got on campus.  I also used the motherlode like crazy in order to build that outrageous Manse Collegium.  There are two scenes where I used move_objects on to position baby Barry in flight.  Other than that, no cheats at all were involved in the "Bennetts go to college" story.

I have never used the Testing Cheats to move in a sim.  If you wanted to do that, you would use the Tombstone of Life and Death, which you can spawn with the Testing Cheats; however, it does not apply here.

Just now, I went into the Technophiles dorm at Happy Valley U to test it.  Look at this:

Helen Hanks proposes Move In to Greg

I'm guessing that when you wrote "boolprop" you meant specifically the testingcheatsenabled property.  There are a bazillion boolean properties in the game, so just saying "boolprop" is rather ambiguous.  Anyhow, yes, I did have the Testing Cheats enabled when I did this screen shot.  You can see the tell-tale version number in the upper right-hand corner of the screen shot.  

So, I turned off the Testing Cheats (boolprop testingcheatsenabled false), but Helen could still invite Greg to Move In.

Babies on Campus

Now, just to make it even more confusing: See Yvonne Sack cuddling little Ivan?  

I checked back in the diary for this dorm to make sure, and I was wrong about babies not being born on campus.  Ivan Sack was conceived in this very dorm.  Yvonne ran around naked for a couple of days (which made for some interesting screen shots), and ta da!, there he was!  There wasn't room for a nursery in this dorm so she keeps his crib in the cafeteria.

I haven't played this dorm long enough to be sure; however, since some of the students are in their second semester, I'm guessing that Ivan is not aging beyond infancy.

B'b'but... somewhere around here I have other fragrant sims whose pregnancies are not progressing.  I do not understand this.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 06, 14:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I cannot get your method to work at all SimsHost..

FWIW, my name is Greg.  "SimsHost" is just one of my /c/r/i/m/e/s/ /a/g/a/i/n/s/t/ /n/o/r/m/a/l/c/y/ web sites.

(The sim "Greg" is my viewpoint character.  He's the primary guilty party and handy victim for just about anything odd that happens in my game.)

... sims in the regular neighbourhood can only invite YA townies to move in and they immediately transition into adults.

As I mentioned in my note immediately above, it might be Jenflower's WooHooTeens_6a_EP hack.  (That's a link to thread at MTS2).  That is the only hack in my game, that I can think of, that would make it possible for me to invite playable Young Adults to move in.  All the other base hacks I have are either FFS or TwoJeffs.

I'm also an Inge Jones junkie, but I don't think any of Inge's creations would do this.

As phyllisp mentioned, you cannot propose move in when living in a dorm either Huh  Sorry, but I can't see how you can move sims from campus to the neighbouhood without resorting to hacks or cheats.

This again could be a phenomenon of the Jenflower's WooTeens_6a_EP hack.  It's been in my game for so long that I'd just about forgotten it was there.  Even if you don't want your teens to woohoo, I recommend it because it makes it easy to rescue townie kids and teens from Never Never Land.  That's how Meadow became a playable character in my game.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 06, 14:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all else fails, use the teleporter bush. It's one of those handy objects that is good for fixing weird screw ups in the game code.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 06, 14:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Other than that, no cheats at all were involved in the "Bennetts go to college" story. ...

Oops.  To be precise: I use a lot of the FFS and TwoJeffs hacks and toys.  I used the College Clock extensively to get the Bennetts through college as quickly as possible while allowing the anchor sims (Gloria and Della) to dawdle on campus.

When I discovered that their children can't go to school while on campus, I wanted to get them home right away.  And besides, at the venerable age of 117, Gregsim isn't really interested in trying to keep up with a bunch of college kids!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 06, 15:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all else fails, use the teleporter bush. It's one of those handy objects that is good for fixing weird screw ups in the game code.

True, absolutely true. I think every lot in my neighborhood has one of the shrubs. It's just about the easiest way I can think of to make townies playable and when you want them to go back into the townie-pool, the shrub will do that as well.

I have not tested it extensively in the university though. I usually just rush my sims through it with JM's clock and Carrigon's helping hand. TJ's mod that nixes the SS abductions comes in handy for that as well. You just get a pop-up saying that your sim 'has been inducted into the Secret Society'. It was funny to watch the first couple of times, but then it became just tiresome and a bother to boot.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 06, 16:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the teleporter bush have options for moving in sims?

I use the Simlogical teleporter painting in just about every house but have never tried the bush.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 06, 16:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it does. Haven't used the painting myself, but the bush can summon any sim in the neighborhood (multiple times, in fact, producing bizarre effects) move them in, and make household sims into townies. It's quite useful, especially if a teen or child dies in an accident and has to be resurrected on another lot.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 06, 16:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oho!  Well, silly me!  I completely overlooked the "Teleporter Plus" options!  Gotta have it!

I think I just lost my membership in Inge Junkies Anonymous, but shall attempt to redeem myself by noting, for the sake of innocent bystanders, that the objects in question can be found on the simlogical Teleporters page which you can easily get to by going to simlogical front page, clicking on Sims 2, and then clicking on Teleporters.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: