More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 04:04:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Business "not owned" after business transfer
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business "not owned" after business transfer  (Read 2428 times)
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Business "not owned" after business transfer
« on: 2008 February 29, 04:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs up to and including Seasons. The 'Business Runs You' hack is installed, but not set up on this lot.

My sim's sister transferred lot ownership of a ticket venue to him. The business shows as an owned business when he chooses to travel to a community lot. Upon arrival, the ticket machine had the "under construction" sign on it. I clicked on it to start charging customers and got this message: "Sorry, you must have started a business on this lot to use the Electrono-Ticket-Machine." It goes on to advise me to purchase the lot via phone under the real estate option.

That's when I checked his inventory. No deed. I called his sister over and selected her. She doesn't have the deed either (remember, the lot said it was owned on the travel to community lot menu). I checked all the relatives--including the mother (original owner) just in case I goofed for the deed, but couldn't find it. I ordered a deed, thinking that would solve the problem. Still will not let me start charging customers.

I deleted and purchased a new ticket taker a couple times, but had the same error. The only thing I can think of is that the business was transferred twice: first from the mother to the daughter and then from the daughter to her brother. Oh, and this was a business created by me, not one that came with the game.

I searched and couldn't find this problem (or maybe I'm blind). Help?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Business "not owned" after business transfer
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 29, 08:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the business table has gotten eated somehow. I've heard of it happening before, but there's no clearly defined trigger which causes it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
songsmith
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 01, 03:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wound up selling the stupid thing. I'd already passed along perks, so it's not like I lost those.

It was the weirdest thing. The game allowed the brother to visit the business and raid it of all its contents (stuck in his backpack to use on a new business) but wouldn't let him open it at all. At least I know it's no a problem with the ticket machine.

Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 01, 05:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wound up selling the stupid thing. I'd already passed along perks, so it's not like I lost those.
You never lose perks, passed on or not, and they can always be passed later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: