More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:26:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  John Burb is Telepathic?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: John Burb is Telepathic?  (Read 19700 times)
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: John Burb is Telepathic?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 September 14, 12:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And with the SWAF problem I've noticed that Pleasantview seems to have the problem with hanging SWAF's even in an untouched version. So whenever I rest Pleasantview now one of the first things I do is to go in with SimPE and delete all the SWAF's with no sim associated to them. Seems to help the problem.

How do you see them/know they are dangling?

Sorry for not getting back to this earlier Blue, I got a little sidetracked with a sick daughter yesterday. The way I understood it is when you look at all the SWAF's the ones that are dangling do not have a sim associated with them. So I methodically looked at every SWAF using SimPE and if it didn't have a sim I deleted it. It's monotonous to look through all those SWAF files but it only took me about 10-15 minutes and once done it should keep my Pleasantview in better shape (knock on wood). There's a post about deleting the SWAF's here a while back. I go see if I can find it. Here it is- http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4580.0.html
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 September 14, 13:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over the limit? What's the normal number of Sim description files for a neighborhood like Pleasantview with all expacks installed?

A little aside here:

When I first got The Sims 2 I thought that the townies were a great idea because I wouldn't have to create families just to populate the neighborhood. This feeling lasted approximately 5 Sim days. The third time my married Sim brought home horsefaced homewrecker Goopy Gilscarbo and rolled nothing but "Flirt with Goopy" wants I declared war on all townies. Good feature but poor implementation. Not only are the townies buggy, ugly, and shallow compared to Sims you have created yourself, they also tend to be romance aspiration types, so poor friend/spouse material. But it's the way the game keeps forcing them on you that is really irritating. They harass your Sim at community lots, after work and even when delivering groceries. And once they appear on your Sim's relationship panel he develops townie fixation regardless of his aspiration: for the rest of the week all he wants to do is "Play with townie", "Talk with townie" and "Flirt with townie". I've had a knowledge Sim lose the coveted "Max all Skills" want (8000) to a miserable "Tickle Marylena Hamilton" (250) when he invited her home after work. I want my Sims to be friends with other playables in the neighborhood. Instead I keep getting that retard Goopy Gilscarbo after work.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 September 28, 18:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha. Tosha Go is the most annoying townie ever. She's everywhere. I was tempted to muck up all her DNA, SWAF and set her aspiration in red just to see what would happen but then decided to marry her into the Lothario family so she can have Kaylynn, Cassandra, Dina and Nina knocking over her trash can and stealing her newspapers until she dies her own miserable death alone Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 September 28, 20:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimulatedDork, why do you put so much energy in sims you don't like? Tosha is a teen - send her to college, and keep her in the student bin; end of Tosha, no more annoy.

You don't like any adult? Pull him to the family bin (find own place), and keep him there forever.

I never played with the Oldies and the Burbs, since TS2 was issued, nor with the 4 girls in Strange town, although the simulator sent once one of Polination daughters as a guest to my lot.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 September 29, 03:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm probably just weird, but if I really don't like a non-playable I incorporate them into one of my Sim's families and they eventually die of old age after a long, happy life.  The ones I like end up being townies forever.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 September 29, 05:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that is the most irritating is the genetics of the townies.  All sloppy, lazy, playful - even the knowledge sims (which I prefer as serious as possible).  To top it off the townies that are supposed to be serious have been altered to be more slovenly and playful than they genetically are.

It got to the point that I only create CAS Scorpios in my legacy house hoods - 10 neat, 10 active, 5 nice in an attempt to breed out the useless kids I kept having.  You know the ones - they fall over from exhaustion after getting off the school bus, require a few rousing games of red hands just to get through their homework, take a shower so they can splash in their puddles and then bounce on the bed until complete energy depletion?  Then they leave their bed that they were bouncing on to go sleep in their parents bed. 

Spawn of the townies = bad news.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 September 30, 02:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first got The Sims 2 I thought that the townies were a great idea because I wouldn't have to create families just to populate the neighborhood. This feeling lasted approximately 5 Sim days. The third time my married Sim brought home horsefaced homewrecker Goopy Gilscarbo and rolled nothing but "Flirt with Goopy" wants I declared war on all townies. Good feature but poor implementation.
That is not actually a fault of townies specifically, but of the horrible way want trees are miscalibrated. Basically, once your sim has an orientation, ANYONE of appropriate gender he satisfies a "Talk to" want will immediately spawn a "Flirt with" want. It's quite the nuisance and received the axe in the "norandomflirtwants" hack.

Not only are the townies buggy, ugly, and shallow compared to Sims you have created yourself, they also tend to be romance aspiration types, so poor friend/spouse material.
They're approximately evenly distributed, but romance sims exhibit visible radiative markers, so they're easy to spot.

But it's the way the game keeps forcing them on you that is really irritating. They harass your Sim at community lots, after work and even when delivering groceries. And once they appear on your Sim's relationship panel he develops townie fixation regardless of his aspiration: for the rest of the week all he wants to do is "Play with townie", "Talk with townie" and "Flirt with townie". I've had a knowledge Sim lose the coveted "Max all Skills" want (8000) to a miserable "Tickle Marylena Hamilton" (250) when he invited her home after work. I want my Sims to be friends with other playables in the neighborhood. Instead I keep getting that retard Goopy Gilscarbo after work.
There's 90 of them and however-many playables. Odds are somewhat against you by pure random chance, even before the "dining with scum" code that INTENTIONALLY foists townies upon you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 September 30, 15:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw.. is it safe to kill all townies off and play without them (notownieregen) ?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 September 30, 20:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw.. is it safe to kill all townies off and play without them (notownieregen) ?

Yea, as far as I know, though you'll still get the special NPCs (i.e., mailman, paperboy, grocery delivery, etc.). But your businesses and community lots will be pretty empty. Smiley What most folks do is kill off the maxis townies (usually via 'delete all characters'), and then make their own CAS townies and use the testing cheats or something like Inge's transporter bush to turn them into actual townies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
proudbrunette
Blathering Buffoon

FIRE!!!!!!lol what does lmao mean???!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 07, 12:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"two slobs Mr.Big and the diva"

i've never met or seen Mr.Big or the Diva. Where can i find them or is there a way i can get them to show up?

i agree with the dictionary:
    girls before guys
    partying before studying
    and friends before love!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 07, 13:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've never met or seen Mr.Big or the Diva. Where can i find them or is there a way i can get them to show up?

You'll only find them on downtown community lots (as well as the slob, the vampires, and Mrs. Crumplebottom). If you hang around a downtown community lot long enough, one of them will wander by, and it'll be real obvious that it's Mr. Big or the Diva.  Distinctive clothing, and they're always primping or admiring themselves in the mirror they carry.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
proudbrunette
Blathering Buffoon

FIRE!!!!!!lol what does lmao mean???!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 07, 13:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh ok thanks i've seen Mrs.Crumplebottom. she hits people with her ppurse for no reason Cheesy i think it's kind of funny

i agree with the dictionary:
    girls before guys
    partying before studying
    and friends before love!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 07, 19:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she hits people with her purse for no reason

Actually, she usually hits people for PDAs (public displays of affection).  You want to really get her wound up, wait until she's on the lot and the go woohoo in a photo booth or hot tub. Smiley

OTOH, she's a wicked poker player, so putting a poker table on the lot keeps her busy so she won't bother your sims on a date.  She's also a bit of a lush, and a bar on the lot will keep her occupied, too. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 07, 19:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget she's a great bowler as well.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 07, 20:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, in the year I've had NL I've actually never had sims go to the bowling alley.  I'll have to do that one of these days.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 07, 20:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its pretty pointless, i cant even get a group to play because one walks out as soon as they are finished.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 07, 20:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps Crammyboy's 'Better Bowling' mod would help that? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4644.0

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 07, 20:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm...i thought i had that one, i guess not. Thanks  Smiley

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 09, 11:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's 90 of them and however-many playables. Odds are somewhat against you by pure random chance, even before the "dining with scum" code that INTENTIONALLY foists townies upon you.

Does this "dining with scum" code force your sims to constantly bring home townies instead of other playables? I like to choose the friendships my sims make and I mainly want the playables in a neighborhood to mingle with each other. I consider townies (and NPCs) random riffraff to keep away from the playables at all costs, and thus I hate how you always bump into them.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 09, 11:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dining with scum controls restaurants, not carpool buddies.

Twojeffs has mods to control the latter.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 09, 11:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this "dining with scum" code force your sims to constantly bring home townies instead of other playables? I like to choose the friendships my sims make and I mainly want the playables in a neighborhood to mingle with each other. I consider townies (and NPCs) random riffraff to keep away from the playables at all costs, and thus I hate how you always bump into them.
Dining with scum has nothing to do with the carpool. If you want to control carpool dragging a bit, try "no fraternization" in the Director's Cut. It will prevent the dragging of riffraff of any kind home if you already have queued plans for your sims, thus preventing you from ending up with some annoying tail that decides to arbitrarily tag along without even bothering to see if you were busy first.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 October 09, 23:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, she usually hits people for PDAs (public displays of affection)

She also hits people for inappropriate nudity - changing into a bathing suit to get into the hot tub, taking a shower in a gender-specific bathroom after working out (which I find particularly annoying). I don't mind so bad that she messes with dates, it's kinda funny, but geez she can yell at a guy, interrupting his shower, in a male-only restroom from 3 rooms away. STFUB :p

Unsouper
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 October 10, 11:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod somewhere that nukes her powers of omniscience and telepathy.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 October 10, 11:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a mod somewhere that nukes her powers of omniscience and telepathy.
The crumplefix?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: