More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:20:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sim dies on another lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim dies on another lot  (Read 16906 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim dies on another lot
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 04, 02:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, there are lots of other ways that the only teen-or-older Sim in the household could die besides just that one, and even if it's a house with only one adult and a bunch of toddlers who can't phone the nanny, there are also lots of ways to get another adult onto the lot and protecting the kids from being taken away. I have TJ's fix myself (that really isn't a surprise I care to have in my game), but it's just not that hard to deal with the scenario you're describing.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 04, 02:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I realise most of us could deal with it, but I personally wouldn't want surprises like that!

But I don't need the fix - my sims never get totally exhausted!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 04, 11:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a single parent wouldn't make any difference, the kid could call the nanny.  I wouldn't mind the social worker scenario if it wasn't for the memory wipe, which is totally unrealistic.  I'd have to leave the game and go copy out all the memories in SimPE before I could return and let the situation continue, which is just too time-consuming and boring.  Maybe in TS3 they'll find a way for adopted children to keep the ties to their birth parents as well.  They may even introduce a way for them to search for their birth parents when they become adults - now that would be interesting gameplay.  Until then, I will continue to use the mod.

Of course, if it was a baby it would be a problem.  There's a mod for toddlers to use the phone, but not babies.  In that case I'd have to leave the lot and manually add a townie resident in SimPE, or go to another lot and teleport the baby in.  That's the way I would handle any adoption actually, because that way they'd retain their memories and their true parentage.  A child doesn't forget who its parents are just because they've died, but that's how it works in the game, even if they're only minutes from becoming a teen. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 04, 11:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why getting into the adoption pool is such a bad idea!  It's as though they've become unlinked!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 04, 11:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is the place to post this but I had a YA visit a rellie and was accidentally eaten by the cow plant (I forgot to fence it back up after it got rid of the bothersome nanny).  Her mom visited later that day so I added the urn to her inventory and put it in her garden next to her dad.
The next time I loaded the Uni house the YA had lived in, she was on the loading screen pic although she wasn't on the lot.  I have since returned to the lot after saving and she is still on the loading screen pic.  The other YAs have no memory of her death.

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 04, 13:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There always seems to be a lack of communication between Uni and the main hood.  Perhaps if you moved them all out, and then back in again, she would be gone from the loading screen.  The death memory could be put in with SimPE, but I doubt it's important.  they'll hear about it soon enoug through the gossip channels!  Maybe if one of them was to phone her mom, that would do the trick.

If's like when a student gets the want for a friend or sibling to go to uni, unless you move them into the same house, they don't clear the want (if it's been locked) until you have the new student phone them, or the one with the want call them.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 04, 13:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The next time I loaded the Uni house the YA had lived in, she was on the loading screen pic although she wasn't on the lot.  I have since returned to the lot after saving and she is still on the loading screen pic.  The other YAs have no memory of her death.
That sounds like what I described earlier in this thread (here).  I tried what JM suggested in the following post, and it worked for me to clear the dead sim from the loading screen.  The sim was still listed under the name of the household, and after I spawned him and he said he'd died on another lot, he moved to the Default household that contains dead sims.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 04, 14:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I hadn't thought of that, but after I tried to resurrect Skip, all the Brokes got memories of his death which they hadn't had before!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 04, 15:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try that rainbow - I did read your post but I misunderstood it (bit of a hangover  Embarrassed) I've moved other YA's into the house and a couple have graduated so I've not been back in a while - I have crises on other lots as Tybalt Capp just had his alien baby and Consort died (of shock no doubt lol) - actually he tried to run away from Grimmie which was hysterical!

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 04, 16:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any of them try to run away from the GR yet, but I have seen them wrestle with him/her to try and take away the hourglass.  It's pretty funny, because the GR gets pissed at them...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 04, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really confused now  Huh  Maybe I can blame it on a virus (in me - not the game) but I just visited the Uni lot and found that 2 of the YA's DO have the memory of Alice dying (they are cousins) - I don't think I went far enough back in their memories.

Any thoughts now?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 04, 18:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are family, they might get the memories through telepathy.

As to the GR!  It makes sense, in a way, that Consort wouldn't want to go and leave his wordly goods, after all, he can't take them with him! And after all, fighting with the GR makes sense too, not much he can do to them that he isn't going to do already!

I wonder what would happen, though, if they had a couple of shots of elixir just as he arrived on the lot?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 04, 18:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what would happen, though, if they had a couple of shots of elixir just as he arrived on the lot?

I think once he's actually there, the sim he's coming for becomes unselectable.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 04, 18:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the "Age Transition" action has already begun, there isn't anything you can do to stop it.  Even if you cancel it out of their queue, there is no turning back once it's started.  If you cancel it out of their queue before it starts, you can delay death indefinitely as long as you do it every hour when it comes up.  If they drink elixir during that time, then death will be delayed for another three days times however many times they drank it.  I've had a few elders die lately, and I've managed to hold off Grimmy for a few hours, hehe.  Inge's Days Left shrub is useful for seeing how many days left an elder has.  But at 6:00 pm on the date they are scheduled to die, you can be sure that the Grim Reaper will come to collect them. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 04, 18:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would need very fine timeing, then, to get them to drink the elixir just as he arrives!

Do the sims who wrestle with the GR have the want, or have they ever had the want, to defeat the GR?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 04, 19:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends on their aspiration level at the time the GR comes.  If they are platinum, which all of my elders have been lately, they get the luau music and the grim reaper wears a lei and the hula girls come and all that, and they get a platinum urn/tombstone.  It's been awhile since I saw a sim die in less than platinum, but when I first got the game and Herb Oldie died, he didn't want to go.  He tried to wrestle the hourglass away from the GR before he took him away.  He was standing in front of the toilet too.  He must have had a low aspiration.  I don't remember Coral or Mary Sue wrestling, though.  They went pretty quietly.  They were probably green or gold.  Daniel Pleasant was platinum as he and Mary Sue had just woohooed shortly before.  Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 04, 19:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ask as I've never been able to keep playing the same family long enough for it to happen!  Just get bored, I guess - or have to reinstall and then I start over!  I may not have the most generations of sims, but I've probably got near the world record of First generation ones!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 04, 22:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the sims who wrestle with the GR have the want, or have they ever had the want, to defeat the GR?

Not that I recall -- the common factor seems to be that their aspiration level is very low.  At least green, and maybe bordering into red.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 04, 22:55:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they think they'll be going down instead of up!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 04, 23:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they think they'll be going down instead of up!

lol!

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: