More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 14:54:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  H&M and IKEA stuff gone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: H&M and IKEA stuff gone  (Read 16161 times)
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
H&M and IKEA stuff gone
« on: 2009 April 11, 20:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soo, last night I was trying to install the Radiance Light System from MTS2. I thought I was successful until when I woke up this morning.

The thing comes with folders to replace only one part of the data in C:\Program Files. But instead of having folders for the IKEA and H&M Stuff Packs with the registered symbol, it just has an "r".

No problem, I thought,  Wink I'll just stick the new folders in, rename them with the symbol and delete the old ones.

OMG AM I STUPID OR WHAT.  Cry

So now, all the data from H&M AND IKEA are gone, except for the data for RLS. I haven't even tried to start the game up, nor do I want to in fear of what will happen. Those were 2 of my favorites! What do I do?  Embarrassed

I broke it.  Sad
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: H&M and IKEA stuff gone
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 11, 23:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstall H&M and IKEA?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 12, 00:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of what I was thinking, but I don't own either (I borrowed both from my library) so their availability is variable. And I'm not even thinking of touching the game before I get them back in.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 12, 01:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 12, 02:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

System Restore to immediately before you did that? I'm actually not sure why they think they are not installed, usualy, so long as the registry keys are there, the game thinks they are still there.

Did you check your recycle bin for the old files? You may have to delete the radiance folders first and then restore the others in order to keep them from messing up again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 12, 02:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

System Restore to immediately before you did that? I'm actually not sure why they think they are not installed, usualy, so long as the registry keys are there, the game thinks they are still there.

Did you check your recycle bin for the old files? You may have to delete the radiance folders first and then restore the others in order to keep them from messing up again.

It's not that they think they are gone. They are, because I messed up. I deleted the original folders and put in the RLS folders, with only the data to the lights in.

But what's this about a System Restore? Will it work if I was the one who deleted the folders, and it's not because my comp messed up?

And I'm OCD about getting rid of files in the Recycle Bin. They were gone as soon as they got there. I don't know why I do that ... I shouldn't, really ...

Cute kitty! but idgi?

I was actually directed here to ask for your help, Mr. Pescado. Can you help me?? Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 12, 04:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thepiratebay.org/

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 12, 12:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His advice is to pirate copies of the two stuff packs and install them that way.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 12, 14:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Oh, ok. I'm new here.  Tongue
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 12, 20:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Oh, ok. I'm new here.  Tongue

You don't say.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 12, 22:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I just open the torrents w/ Explorer?

Because, um, I now have Spyware Protect 2009 on my computer, which isn't good, and I'm not sure if I got a good torrent to begin with.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 13, 00:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, um, I now have Spyware Protect 2009 on my computer, which isn't good, and I'm not sure if I got a good torrent to begin with.

You'll need a torrent opening program, like vuse or utorrent. You will also want Daemon Tools.  All are free programs.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 13, 01:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SuperScarlet, MATY's FAQ contains a lot of info about torrenting. Perhaps you should look there. Continuing to flail like this will start to get peoples' goats around here.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 13, 01:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sayeth the goat herder.  Tongue

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 13, 02:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here's me, more stupid than a truck of hens, who clicked the link. I'll go write on the chalkboard "I will pay more attention in class" 100 times; I feel like I deserved it.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 13, 03:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*witch P&L

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 13, 03:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Spyware protect ...guhh, that's like that Antivirus scam.
Get Avast, run avast's scan on boot option. It may take a few hours but just let it run and have it move everything to chest or delete it. Get malwarebytes and run that in safemode. It will get anything that Avast didn't. Do not use malwarebytes first, some variations of those scams will actually cause BSOD if you use malwarebytes first.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 April 13, 20:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll need a torrent opening program, like vuse or utorrent. You will also want Daemon Tools.  All are free programs.

K, will do.

SuperScarlet, MATY's FAQ contains a lot of info about torrenting. Perhaps you should look there. Continuing to flail like this will start to get peoples' goats around here.

Oh thanks. I needed that.

Learning experience, this place is.

Spyware protect ...guhh, that's like that Antivirus scam.
Get Avast, run avast's scan on boot option. It may take a few hours but just let it run and have it move everything to chest or delete it. Get malwarebytes and run that in safemode. It will get anything that Avast didn't. Do not use malwarebytes first, some variations of those scams will actually cause BSOD if you use malwarebytes first.

Yeah. Oops, I used MB first. I'll remember in the future. I didn't get a BSOD this time around, fortunately.
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 April 14, 00:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got the H&M and now getting IKEA.

How do I install from the files now? (The FAQ wasn't much help for that, IMO Tongue)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 April 14, 10:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I install from the files now? (The FAQ wasn't much help for that, IMO Tongue)
what are the file extensions? .Mdf and .Mds? Bin and Cue? ISO?

SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 April 15, 20:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I don't think the original file I had that was labeled H&M actually was anything Sims-related, so I had to redownload.

The H&M contains both an .mdf and an .mds, as well as the installation code. IKEA doesn't have any files with the extensions you mentioned but it does have folders called "TSBin" and "TSData" like other EP and SP folders, so I don't know what to do with it.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 April 15, 22:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I don't think the original file I had that was labeled H&M actually was anything Sims-related, so I had to redownload.

The H&M contains both an .mdf and an .mds, as well as the installation code. IKEA doesn't have any files with the extensions you mentioned but it does have folders called "TSBin" and "TSData" like other EP and SP folders, so I don't know what to do with it.

I'm not sure what to do with the Ikea, if it has all of the same folders as a usual SP then maybe someone packaged up the SP straight as they had it? Does steam offer the IKEA pack? Because if they do, then you may have gotten a straight rip and you may not need to do anything else with that one other then stick it in with the other Eps and Sps. Without looking at the thing I really do not know. The only game that I've had pirated from Steam was SilentHill:homecoming. Doing this with an expansion pack is new to me.
As for the Mfd and Mds file (or any of the others I listed) that is easy. Get Daemon tools, install it. After install you should have a little icon, a green circle with a lightning bolt through it, click on it, there will be an option that comes up that says "device", click on that. This will bring up a window to search through your files, direct it to the MDS. The Install screen will either come up on it's own or you can go into My computer and you will see that Daemon is now acting like any other CD drive.

SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 April 17, 20:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure what to do with the Ikea, if it has all of the same folders as a usual SP then maybe someone packaged up the SP straight as they had it? Does steam offer the IKEA pack? Because if they do, then you may have gotten a straight rip and you may not need to do anything else with that one other then stick it in with the other Eps and Sps. Without looking at the thing I really do not know. The only game that I've had pirated from Steam was SilentHill:homecoming. Doing this with an expansion pack is new to me.

Sorry I wasn't clear, it doesn't have all the same folders. I checked FFS and GLS (the only other SPs I have) and they have 4 folders: CSBin, TSBin, TSData and Support. The IKEA I downloaded lacks a CSBin folder and has two extra folders, AutoRun and Crack.

As for the Mfd and Mds file (or any of the others I listed) that is easy. Get Daemon tools, install it. After install you should have a little icon, a green circle with a lightning bolt through it, click on it, there will be an option that comes up that says "device", click on that. This will bring up a window to search through your files, direct it to the MDS. The Install screen will either come up on it's own or you can go into My computer and you will see that Daemon is now acting like any other CD drive.

I just DL'd it. We'll see how it goes!
SuperScarlett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 April 18, 14:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't find the green circle w/ lightning bolt. Where is it?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 April 20, 17:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't find the green circle w/ lightning bolt. Where is it?

Well if you left deamon to default install, you should have a little icon in your icon tray by your clock.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: