More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 13:07:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help! I can't find my roommate!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help! I can't find my roommate!!!  (Read 4161 times)
eluvlee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Help! I can't find my roommate!!!
« on: 2008 November 18, 20:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello all! this is my first post to this forum, and i'm still a noob to forums althogether so be easy w/me plz. I have a strange dilemma that i can't seem to figure out and I haven't found any reports of the same glitch. I hope you guys can help me. okay, so I have all of the expansions, but no SPs. I also have a few hacks that are supposed to be updated for AL. And I made a new family, moved into a single fam. home then when my couple decided to have a baby, i moved them to an appartment (backwards yes, but i was trying to see if i could get the baby/toddler to enteract with the others already in the APT building, to see the "huggle" in action; it never worked). but i had an extra room and decided to get a roommate. I chose one from the newspaper, but she never came. I thot maybe it was because i didn't have any furmiture inthe room. soi made it real nice, she still didn't show. I realized i set the door locked to all but the family cuz too many freinds were just dropping by all day, so i unlocked again, she still hasn't shown up. Her face is in the UI but no simmie roommie in the game. ALL of her stat are red now, and i fear she will die. does anybodu know of this and how to fix. and no, I haven't dl'd the patches to any of my EPs since Seasons cuz i like alot of the features the they "fix", but i willif it will help AL play right.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Help! I can't find my roommate!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 18, 20:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing your hacks and see if the roommate shows up when you test in a vanilla game.

Also, get the lot debugger and the AL fixes hacks from here.

The lot debugger will allow you to nuke/clear offworld loiterers, which might help.  At least one other person has noted this problem, but a fix has not yet been posted.  When in doubt, remove your hacks and test.  There may be a conflict (tight pants).

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 19, 08:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

eluvlee, I'm not certain I understand the whole story, as your lack of capitalization and sporadic grammar makes your post difficult to translate. Many on this board will simply not bother trying to read a post if you can't be bothered to write it more clearly. From skimming, it seems you have a roomie stuck "offworld". Not having played AL, I can't say whether having your door locked or not is a problem when a new roomie is impending, but jolrei's advice is sound. Test hackless; try the lot debugger.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
eluvlee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 19, 13:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Liz & jolrei, for you timely replies.

I will try all you have suggested, if I get a chance to get on the game tonite. I am assuming the lot debugger is a resource available at this site, correct? Also, do you suggest that I go ahead and install all the EP patches that I've overlooked, or can I go on playing without them? As I stated before, after Seasons I didn't install any of the patches put out by EA (trying to keep SecuROM off my system, which I think I have successfully done so far). I've only installed the AL "Critical Fixes" patch that's posted on MTS2, which I thought came from the hosts of this site anyway (I think that's how I found out about MATY).

My sincere apologies for my sloppy posts, I do not intend to appear illiterate. Again, I am new to texting and chat room/forum etiquette, coupled with the fact that I am posting between tasks at work (meaning I have to key these posts up as quickly as possible, thus increasing my likelihood for typo's). I will try to be more coherent.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 19, 13:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your second post is much more readable. We were all new at this once and you do show a willingness to learn, which will be greatly appreciated by any forum you choose to hang out at in the future.

General rule of thumb for new forums, communities, or mailing lists: Lurk for a while and see what the format of the community is like. Read any faqs and observe the style of the posts, then go with the flow. If it's a capslock community, posting in lowercase wouldn't win you any points. Likewise, if the community values grammar than treat all posts as if you were writing a paper for English class.

The best thing about text based communication, is you can take as long as you need to get your thoughts out, there's no rush like if you're having a face to face conversation. If you'll lose your train of thought, then by all means ignore grammar and just type furiously. Just go back and edit it before you hit post. Or write it in your word processor (bonus, it'll look like you're working) and copy/paste it here.

Yes, you can find the lot debugger here. I haven't installed very many patches myself, just the various expansion packs. I do use the directors cut from here and any other patches that JMP has made that are listed as critical fixes, but might not be part of the DC. Poke around through the Awesomeware section of the site and see what's available.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 19, 14:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the official EP patches, if you have AL, you don't need to worry about the FT patches.  I have all patches for previous EPs installed, and I thought they were recommended, but I'm not sure.  It certainly would not hurt to patch Uni, NL, OFB, and probably Pets, Seasons, and BV as well.  For AL, the Awesomeware director's cut from here will deal with the critical issues.

Tribulatio proxima est
littletoes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 28, 17:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having problems with a no show roommate when I first installed AL. The problem was a mailbox hack I did not even know I had. None of the cleaners I use picked it up. I must of downloaded it off a lot on the exchange a while back( which I do not do anymore because often those homes come with little unwanted goodies). It taught me a lesson to me more anal about my down loads so now I can find it faster. So if you just download whatever and put it all together, you may have something hiding on you.

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 28, 19:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might sound obvious, but are you sure she's not on the lot?  If it's a particularly big one, she might be stuck in a corner somewhere.
Right-click on her icon and see if it zooms you to her.

Note, she's not going to die.  Just for fun, I used debug mode to drag down the motives of a family's roommate and he went on "Errands", which made his Energy and Hunger bars go up.  Of course, she might not be able to do that if she is truly stuck, but she might just stop being your family's roommate.

Otherwise, if none of the other suggestions in this thread have worked, you might have to move your family out of the apartment and back in.

I'd suggest organizing your download folder to make solving problems like this easier.  If yours is already organized, then you're even better off, as it shouldn't be hard to find the hacks which aren't compatible.

As for the huggle interaction:  I'm fairly certain that sims can't interact with toddler age members of different households.  Of course, there is a "bug" where sims can bathe other households' toddlers, which is rather creepy.  Anyway, if you want to see the huggle interaction, have your sim have two children right after the other and don't grow the first one up from the baby stage.  That is, let it grow up naturally at 6:00PM.  Then, grow up the second baby as soon as possible.  Have fun; it's pretty cute.
Of course, you might get lucky and end up with twins, and then you don't have to exert effort.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: