More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 10:45:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Where, oh where did Summer go?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where, oh where did Summer go?  (Read 2731 times)
heldy
Exasperating Eyesore

Everybody to the limit

View Profile WWW
Where, oh where did Summer go?
« on: 2007 April 15, 16:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I know I went a little custom content download happy the last couple days, and this is where I first assumed my gameplay problems began. I have all the EPs (and patches) and up until I believe yesterday, the program was running just fine. Yesterday, however, I noticed that Summer is gone. My seasons go from Winter to Spring to Fall to Winter. Where the hell did Summer go? The Summer icon is also gone.

First, I removed my Downloads folder from my Sims 2 folder and gave it a whirl. Still no Summer. Then, I backed up my Sims 2 folder and tucked it away on another drive and gave the game another go. Still no Summer. Finally, I uninstalled Seasons completely, reinstalled it (and the patch), and gave it one more try. Summer is still gone!

Is anyone else out there having this problem?

ETA: DOH! I kinda sorta missed that there is a global season chooser thang in the neighborhood view. Somehow the game decided two Winter seasons were loads more fun than Summer. I switched it back. Oopsies!

« Last Edit: 2007 April 15, 17:10:01 by heldy » Logged

I wish humanity would grow the fuck up already.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Where, oh where did Summer go?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 15, 17:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the default behaviour for Riverblossom Hills (and it's mentioned in the Seasons manual). Your neighbourhoods should start with all four.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
heldy
Exasperating Eyesore

Everybody to the limit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 15, 18:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the default behaviour for Riverblossom Hills (and it's mentioned in the Seasons manual). Your neighbourhoods should start with all four.

What, me read?? Tongue

I wish humanity would grow the fuck up already.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 16, 04:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, me read?? Tongue
S'okay. Why Maxis chose to make the new neighborhood that shipped with the game anything other than the "normal" four seasons is beyond me. It's caused no end of confusion and loads of whiny freaked out brats on the BBS. Of course, they also made a borked family whose twin's parents are either two women or a woman and a dog dependant on where you drop them, so I guess it's not surprising.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: