More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 11:30:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My sims are turning into lushes.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims are turning into lushes.  (Read 13006 times)
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My sims are turning into lushes.
« on: 2006 August 10, 19:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every since I installed OFB and FFS my sims have been attacking the bar like last call is in 5 min. They will make drinks and drink all 5 of them and make more and drink them too. On and on, they won't stop unless bladder desperation hits them then they go right back to it. Nothing else tempts them. This only happens on Residetial lots, not community. Did Maxis raise their attraction to sims? Whatever it is it gets annoying as heck . I'm to the point where I won't even put a bar in the house.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My sims are turning into lushes.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 10, 19:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't say I've seen it. My sims don't seem to show any interest in drinking at bars.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 10, 19:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never put bars in my houses, as they never match the decor, so I cannot say.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 10, 20:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem.
I like having a bar for parties and headmasters, but I want my sims to keep the heck away from it.  I did find a non-awesome hack that keeps sims from making drinks autonomously, but they still come running to drink if someone makes drinks for them.
I mostly keep my sims on power idle these days, so it's not killing me as much as it used to.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 10, 22:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, same here. They are unduly attracted to the bar and keep on drinking until they almost pee on themselves. I had to take the bar out of all my houses, which were mostly uni-houses. The students had no interest in anything but the bar. It was intermittently though. They make drinks, they and their roomies drink themselves into bladder desperation, and it contiunes on. Then they do something else and ignore the bar entirely for quite a few sim-days. Then the drinking cycle starts again. I came to the conclusion that they were all binge-drinkers with severe psychological disturbances that result in psychotic occurrences which then get a temporary relief through mind-altering substances.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 10, 22:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear that everytime there's a stop-autonomous (insert annoyance here) hack sims find a new attraction to something to annoy everyone even more.  Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 10, 22:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... That just makes sense. If you eliminate all other possible options, the remainder, no matter how illogical is in veriably true?

(I know I spelled most of those words wrong...)
« Last Edit: 2006 August 10, 22:48:48 by Jelenedra » Logged

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 10, 22:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that certain bars seem to have higher attraction meters than other or something...I know there are some that I've had to take out...if I replace them with a different one the attaction to them don't seem as high.

So yes..I've had the issue in some of my houses.  One of my elders would get up in the morning...drink until he was exhausted (peed himself around the bar...apparently the bar was still more attractive than taking a shower)...finally he'd go to bed...rinse & repeat.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 10, 23:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have also become lushes since OFB. This may explain why I keep handing out drinks in Retardo Land  Wink .

My best solution: put the bar in an inventory until you want them to use it.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 10, 23:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason I ever buy bars is if a sim Wants one, so I place it so that the back (or is it the front?  whichever side they get the drinks from) is against a wall.  That way they won't Want it again but can't turn into alcoholics.  Sometimes I'll move it to where it can be used if there's a party or something, but as soon as it's over, back it goes.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 10, 23:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear that everytime there's a stop-autonomous (insert annoyance here) hack sims find a new attraction to something to annoy everyone even more.  Cheesy
That's because the sims will have to do SOMETHING, so if you remove their ability to do one annoying action, they'll find a new one to do.

Trying to enforce correct behavior by removing the incorrect options means you're gonna have a LOT of removing to do. If you want them to do only correct behaviors, go with Macro Power Idle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 10, 23:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even the servo Poll Tech#9 made was a lush in my game
 Cheesy
The only reason I ever buy bars is if a sim Wants one, so I place it so that the back (or is it the front?  whichever side they get the drinks from) is against a wall.  That way they won't Want it again but can't turn into alcoholics.  Sometimes I'll move it to where it can be used if there's a party or something, but as soon as it's over, back it goes.

This sounds like my parents  Grin When we would take our toddlers to visit they would turn their bookcases to the wall so my kiddies couldn't touch their precious collection......Funk and Wagnalls encyclopedia not first folio Shakespear  Cheesy
wyrdwing
Blathering Buffoon

Too lazy to be social

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 10, 23:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because the sims will have to do SOMETHING, so if you remove their ability to do one annoying action, they'll find a new one to do.

Trying to enforce correct behavior by removing the incorrect options means you're gonna have a LOT of removing to do. If you want them to do only correct behaviors, go with Macro Power Idle.

I think the autonomous actions of townies are more annoying especially the autonomous 'point and laugh at the one idiot townie dancing on the dance floor' since OFB the amount of people on my lots has increased so the amount of people crowding round to point and laugh at the same time has increased.
Funny the first time seeing the whole gang of them laughing but after half hour of NPC's stopping to take an order/serve dinner to laugh gets old fast especially with the date timer going down.   Roll Eyes
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 11, 01:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it appropriate for Popularity, Pleasure and Romance Sims to be using the bar when they want one, but I'm not really sure why a Knowledge/Family/Fortune (well, Fortune is borderline) would use the bar religiously.  Then again, they don't really want a bar as much as the other three aspirations do...I guess it's also a personality quirk too...who knows *shrug*  Huh

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 11, 02:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the autonomous actions of townies are more annoying especially the autonomous 'point and laugh at the one idiot townie dancing on the dance floor' since OFB the amount of people on my lots has increased so the amount of people crowding round to point and laugh at the same time has increased.
There's a lesson: Don't make the dance area observable from the dining areas. Although the townies will eventually learn how to dance and stop looking stupid, so it will pass in time.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 11, 02:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This behaviour was one of the reasons that I uninstalled OFB expansion pack. It seems that the programmers made the main preference - the bar/coffee stand  objects, no matter where are the sims - in a community lot, or at home. If they see a bar or a coffee stand - they don't move from there, drinking all the time, and ignoring all the other entertaiment objects, even the Myshuno. You have to delete the bar/coffee stand, if you don't want them to be obssessed by it.

It's a bug, and should be fixed in a patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 11, 02:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....it is. See "restaurant and bar fix" in the Firing Range.

I haven't actually seen sims obsess over the bars on a community lot. Which is immensely vexing when you're trying to run a bar, and everyone would rather stare at their own navels instead.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 11, 03:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine even missed the car pool one time because he was busy drinking.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 11, 07:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, same here. They are unduly attracted to the bar and keep on drinking until they almost pee on themselves. I had to take the bar out of all my houses, which were mostly uni-houses. The students had no interest in anything but the bar. It was intermittently though. They make drinks, they and their roomies drink themselves into bladder desperation, and it contiunes on. Then they do something else and ignore the bar entirely for quite a few sim-days. Then the drinking cycle starts again. I came to the conclusion that they were all binge-drinkers with severe psychological disturbances that result in psychotic occurrences which then get a temporary relief through mind-altering substances.

That is hilarious. However I found the hack by Squinge at MTS2- no autonomous drinking or something like that. I haven't had chance to test it yet. But I'll let you know how it works.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 11, 10:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, is advertising affected by the price of the object, or just its ability to solve a need?  Because I could appreciate if the 'new' object was heavily used, be it a bar, bowling alley or the flat screen TV, but as the object depreciates, it should become less attractive.  That doesn't seem to be the case, but I wish it were.  Then they could all use the bar until the novelty wore off, and eventually all the depreciated objects would be used (or neglected) equally.
Advertising is completely arbitrary and set by Maxis, generally with a total disregard for what's effective. Hence why free will never makes a correct decision.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 11, 12:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually seen sims obsess over the bars on a community lot. Which is immensely vexing when you're trying to run a bar, and everyone would rather stare at their own navels instead.

I've seen them obsess over a bar I put in a regular community lot (i.e., a quick mart type store), and ignore the bar in an actual bar or restaurant one of my sims is running.  Very odd.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 11, 13:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Advertising is completely arbitrary and set by Maxis, generally with a total disregard for what's effective. Hence why free will never makes a correct decision.

I know that it would all be a moot point/complaint if I turned 'free will' off, but I can't stand them standing around, completely struck by inertia. I find their anticts (pardon the pun) often comical. Many objects seem to have an attraction setting that has the simmies behave like semi-rational pixel people, but there are a few that go quite overboard. Hence, I can't use fish-tanks (TJ's fix stopped working for me since OFB, sigh), bars, karaoke machines, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

I don't remember who made it, because I had it for so long, but I use the 'individual free will off' on my residential lots. On my sim-owned business lots, I turn free will off completely though. After seeing the supposed 'business owners' do the most idiotic things instead of concentrating on their customers, I decided that free will was the worst thing for a business. They did everything from pissing off their customers, to 'checking out' other sims, and even dancing with their significant others and ignoring their customers as well as the line at the cash register. I had one sim (with 4 nice points???) constantly trying to hug complete strangers that came into the shop, and managed to get the minus signs flying among his potential customers. He didn't seem at all fazed by the constant rejection.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 11, 13:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are incapable of performing any action that has a purpose under free will. Anything they might accomplish is purely incidental. If you expect them to accomplish a complex OBJECTIVE, like, "running a business", this is never going to happen because sims don't understand purposes or objectives. Your two choices: Manually micromanage everything, or install an overlay AI module like Macrotastics + BRY. And micromanagement is not an option for employees: The employees, not able to understand the concept of an objective, will work until something drops low enough to interrupt work, and then not able to understand the objective of refreshing themselves and getting back to work, so they won't do it.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 11, 14:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a little surprised about the sims behavior when I did the (modified) asylum challenge I read about at Posie's place. Yeah, I installed a smoke alarm, an extra toilet and shower, and multiple easels.

* I'm not good at sticking to other peoples rules if I deem them inadequate for my purposes, so sue me.*

Except for the constant crying because of aspiration distress, they took remarkable care of themselves. They did pass out a few times, but none starved to death. They were mostly in the green in their little thumbnail picture. I wasn't allowed to look at their panels so I can't say what need was the most neglected, but their side-panel picture was green or green-ish the majority of the time.

The ones that went into outright aspiration failure first were the fortune sims. They are completey incabable of taking care of their aspiration wants on their own. The ones that never went into outright failure were the knowledge sims. Their primary want of learning skills prevented that through the easels and the exercise machine.

The popularity sims and romance sims went into distress often, but not into failure. I'm guessing they were kept afloat with the 'talk, flirt, dance together' wants that rolled up after the more complicated wants were never fulfilled. I don't allow family sims in my game (personal choice, no offense to family sims fans), so I can't say anything about them and their wants, but I'm guessing they would be as hapless as the poor fortune sims.

That all might have been incidental, or co-incidental, or whatever, but I was surprised that they managed to take care of their pixel-selves like that. The hardest part for me was the 'hands-off, no peeking'.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 11, 15:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is hilarious. However I found the hack by Squinge at MTS2- no autonomous drinking or something like that. I haven't had chance to test it yet. But I'll let you know how it works.

Can't live without that mod. It's Here for anyone who is interested. Works a charm. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: