More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 06:34:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ... Isn't the damned patch supposed to FIX THINGS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ... Isn't the damned patch supposed to FIX THINGS?  (Read 9385 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
... Isn't the damned patch supposed to FIX THINGS?
« on: 2006 March 22, 05:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Pokes Maxis with a sharp stick-

Well, I was playing The Sims 2, tonight, right? So, I went to hit shift, ctrl, and c to bring up a cheat window. No problem, hit escape as normal. The second time I did this? When I went to hit 'Esc' to get out of it, it would bring the game window to my desktop, forcing me to restore it with a right click.

So, I go back into the game, unsure of how to get rid of the cheat window. Exit to the neighbourhood, right? It now won't let me click on ANY HOUSES, to even select to get into them.

;_;

I haven't tried re-loading the game yet, but this only happened after I downloaded the patch... x_x;

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: ... Isn't the damned patch supposed to FIX THINGS?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 05:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than pressing escape to leave the cheat window, type exit.  That works too.

And I have no idea how to get back into the houses if you can't select on them.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 05:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried typing "exit" in the Cheat window to close it?

[eta] BlueSoup, you beat me to it!
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 05:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking the exit might work, I'll have to try that next time. But as for the houses...

-Sighs in frustration-

Thanks for the suggestion, I just hope it works when I go to load it up, tomorrow. x_x; If not, I'll be doing a reinstall, sans patch.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 06:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen as well and you can't focus the console to type anything into it. It was happening before Open For Business, it's just rare.

Instant gratification takes too long.
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 07:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! It won't let me type anything into the cheat, box, either! I thought it was a glitch with my keyboard, or something strange.

Anyhow! How do you fix it? Oo;

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 07:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me see if I can understand this: You type "crtl + shift + c" and you can type whatever you want in the Cheat box that pops up (and the cheat works)...  but you cannot close it?

Or, can you bring the Cheat Window up using "crtl + shift + c" and then do *nothing* with it?
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 07:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, first time after I used it, I brought it up fine, and typed in the testing cheats code. Worked great. So, I hit 'esc' and closed out, but the second time around?

Wouldn't let me type anything, and hitting esc dragged the window down to my desktop, forcing me to restore it.

Make sense? =)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 08:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normally the cheat box closes itself as long as I type the cheat correctly.  I only need to use "exit" if I made a mistake in my input.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 08:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had probs with the cheat window where it wouldn't come up (posted in N99)... and later would not close even with the cheats typed correctly - that's when "exit' came in handy!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 12:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloods, when you open the cheat window, and then want to close it - just type an obvious command, as "moveobjects off", then "enter". The cheat window will be closed after the 'enter' click. No needs of "exits"...Smiley.

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 13:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this patch fix the missing bakery items in inventory? I glanced thr the list and didn't see it?  Huh

Go Away
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 14:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the cheat box has always been buggy...which is probably why I don't like using it  Roll Eyes

Sometimes you have to type exit to get the son of a bitch to close (typing a cheat correctly or hitting Esc dosen't always work)
Sometimes the damn thing gets resized and takes up half the screen
Sometimes the box itself gets resized and you can't even see/read what your typing

Most of the time, exiting the game and reloading it is the only thing that fixes it  Tongue
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 14:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this patch fix the missing bakery items in inventory? I glanced thr the list and didn't see it?  Huh

I will have to try and see. You're right, it wasn't on the list. And neither was the annoying restocking signs all gathered up on the corner of the lot.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 14:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch does not fix the problem with food and inventory, but you might want to read pegasys's post on the subject in the podium here (and on the BBS for the adventurous ones !)
Pioupiou
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 22, 15:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may have a stuck key, or the computer may think you do.  If I recall correctly (and I have not yet had caffeine this morning), ctrl+escape pulls up the Start Menu for Windows (just tested, I remembered right!!!). 
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 15:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AND THEY DIDN'T FIX THE BLOODY SIMS' ADDICTION TO CAFFINE! I HAD TO USE FOUR HACKS FROM MTS2 TO FIX IT!!

I am so angry i just had to type in caps  Angry

Go Away
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 15:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed the damn juice bars are highly addictive now as well. Sims are hell-bent on drinking from their own personal bars.

Instant gratification takes too long.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 15:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing the patch did to me was reset every sim.  And although it was annoying to enter a lot at 11 PM and all my sims were out of bed with full energy it was no big deal.

But then again, come to think of it I have never had my game crash or the blue screen.  Maybe it is because my "testingcheatsenabled true" is in my userstartup file and always on.  I know people say that is bad but it has never seemed to cause me any problems at all and it is really convenient to shift-move motive, interest and personality bars whenever I want.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 23, 00:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then again, come to think of it I have never had my game crash or the blue screen.  Maybe it is because my "testingcheatsenabled true" is in my userstartup file and always on.  I know people say that is bad but it has never seemed to cause me any problems at all and it is really convenient to shift-move motive, interest and personality bars whenever I want.

I have had the game crash-to-desktop, but I later determined it was due to those damn terrain paints  Angry, which were fixed with NLp2.

I've never had the BSOD though.  And I also have the testingcheats in the userstartup.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 23, 14:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing the patch did to me was reset every sim.  And although it was annoying to enter a lot at 11 PM and all my sims were out of bed with full energy it was no big deal.

I indirectly discovered an easy way to get them back in sync when this happens  -- I just plop TJ's "Running Man" static energy sculpture on the lot first thing, and then sell it back in the AM.  That way their sleep cycle isn't all farkled up.  I say indirect because I first  found that the "Running Man" great for sim-owned businesses -- that way they don't plop right into bed after returning home from 8 - 10 hours at the store, when it's still 8am at their home lot. Makes running a business enjoyable.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 23, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't type in the cheat window, press ctrl shif c again. This is because you've clicked something on the screen.

If the window resizes, press the ` key beneath esc. This puts it back to the original size.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 23, 21:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "cheat" console was always buggy ever since TS2p0.  'x' will expand or contract the thing depending on what it's state is, and people have said 'exit' gets rid of the console.  I usually use "Ctrl"+"Shift"+"C" to bring it up and remove it, but removing it usually has limited success.  It seems to be working better for me now than it used to though.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 24, 15:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with the cheat console.  I don't know about the shortcut keys, but type expand to make the cheatbox larger/smaller, type exit to exit if it doesn't do so automatically.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: