More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 03:22:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 124641 times)
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #225 on: 2007 February 10, 18:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the "unholy hybrid" now. There are some small GUI errors (under settings - music the song titles are not displayed), but at least NPCs get the proper hair again.
I haven't yet gone down town to check if strays are still excluded.

Hmmm, I seem to have missed something along the way during this thread. What is the unholy hybrid, and where can it be found?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 February 10, 18:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "unholy hybrid" is a patched Pets installation with either the unpatched exe or a Pets noCD crack over top.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: 2007 February 10, 19:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. I don't use cracks (or crack for that matter Wink), so I prolly won't be using the unholy hybrid. Too bad the patch is so broken. Stupid EA.

Edited to add that I have no idea how to use the unpatched exe with the patch installed, so I prolly won't be doing that either, unless somebody would care to explain it to me.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 February 10, 20:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah mate. Copy the sims2.exe from your CD or DVD and put it in the program files folder. (C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin)

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2007 February 10, 20:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Now that you've explained it to me, it seems quite obvious - definitely a 'duh' moment on my part. Cheesy

Edit: Sorry, just making sure that I've got this right - the .exe file from the Pets CD goes into the TSBin for the base game, not EP4? Also, should I delete the old one first, or can I just overwrite it with the one from the CD?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 10, 21:10:22 by notveryawesome » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 February 11, 00:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I'd make a backup of the old sims2.exe Sims2EP4.exe. You can rename it sims2.old Sims2EP4.old or something and leave it where it is.

Hmm, you're right about the EP stuff.
 C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Pets\TSBin\Sims2EP4.exe

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 February 11, 00:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another potential form of Unholy Hybrid to try is to take a ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone objects.package and place that in over your original objects.package, getting all the BHAV upgrades and none of the other things. This may halt the loss of the song titles.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2007 February 11, 00:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should a person replace the objects.package file as well as replacing the .exe file, or would one or the other of these methods suffice?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 February 11, 00:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Copy the Patched objects.package over an ORIGINAL ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone to create this alternate variant of the Unholy Hybrid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 February 11, 05:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His fix did, afaik, does the same thing as mine.  I also threw in another fix that pinhead came up with for reporting the amount of $ that a sim moves in with.  Without the fix, if you moved in sims from within the same 'hood, sometimes you could get a really odd $ in the notification message that did not match the actual amount added to your household funds.  This only fixes the reporting.  This does not fix the issue of weird amounts when moving sims accross/between hoods/sub-hoods.

Ah - apologies for the non-intentional slur there Ste - I acknowledge your hacky-worthiness. 

Jase has a separate hack called the no_lottery_move_in_fix (or something like that) which addresses this problem mostly.   

Yes, I have that one.  It might be to do with Inteen as I have a few of his fixes rather than AwesomeTM ones since I have (and will never give up, never, never I tell you) Inteen and one has to have special versions of some stuff.

In any case, it really blows that Maxis EA totally borked the genetics and NPC hair/outfits. WTF? is up with that?  How the hell do you break something that wasn't broken to begin with? Ugh.  I'm kinda bummed that I patched now. Tongue I've been wanting to play, but it would feel like a waste of time if I ended up with buggy maids and fugly toddlers.
Ste

I am wondering whether it's to do with the new hair possibilities coming with Seasons (Lies and Propaganda my arse).  If we are going to be able to change hairstyles with outfits, might that have something to do with the problems of the NPC hair/outfits issue?

Inteen for AL, yay!
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 February 11, 07:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I'd report I have a child born in game sim who has changed skintone from fairly light to quite dark after patching the game.  She has stayed the darker skin tone after her transition to teenager.  Her mother is dark skinned and from what I can gather in game, they are both similar tones.  When I have a moment I will check in SimPE to see whether her genetics have changed or not.

I've never known a patch actually break stuff before  Shocked  Will they be patching the patch does anyone know?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 February 11, 07:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pathetically desparate enough to try that Unholy Hybrid method out.  I'm aiming to get rid of the toddler hair bug, while keeping the fix for the 'suggest outfit' bug.  This is the only solution I've seen anyone come up with so far *sigh*.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 February 11, 08:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone having any marriage issues post Pests Pets patch?

David Thomas Pitt and Emma Avio were married yesterday; had the big wedding with cake, champagne, bartender, dancing, etc.  Was a barnburner of a party in spite of the fathers of the bride and groom leaving before the nuptials.  All is well except that Emma Avio is still Emma Avio and the LTWs of her parents to have a relative marry were not fulfilled.   

They are shown as being married/joined.  Could this be a new postpatch "liberated" policy of EA, as my previous brides took their husbands' names?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 February 11, 08:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doubt it. The names thing isn't really so much a "liberated" thing. Hell, I'd do away with the names thing myself, but it would mean complex fiddling of the baby name code.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 February 11, 08:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every now and then I forget which name I intended the couple to have, so the "wrong" Sim does the proposing and the couple gets the other name.

Ziggy, do you have the traditional marriage hack?  I'd be more concerned about the relative married want not fullfilled part than the name...
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 February 11, 09:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**Edited**

..never mind - the brain went on holiday and left this idiot in charge.  Not only did I forget about the Suggest Outfit Fix completely, that Pes had up  for download, but it had somehow disappeared out of my downloads folder in the first place - which is why it stopped working when I came back to the game a little while ago.  *dances* don't need no patch...yeah baby!
« Last Edit: 2007 February 11, 10:08:07 by miramis » Logged
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 February 11, 10:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Miros, don't have that hack.  And I completely forgot about the proposal option.  Not that it would matter since David's surname remains Pitt and Emma's remains Avio.   Huh

I guess the relative (mother) could have rerolled that want since there are other unmarried Avios (as a result of my stupidity in one family having eight kids). 

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 February 11, 10:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yea, Family sims will usually reroll the want immediately if there's still other kids to marry off.  Same with the 'relative gets engaged' and 'have a grandchild' ones.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 February 11, 11:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody noticed anything weird going on with their townies' hair post-patch? I had a Bluewater townie drop into one of my sims' stores yesterday with some sort of bizarre scalp disease or something.

SimPE says she's genetically blonde/blonde, but she's always walking around with brown hair. I could've sworn she used to have brown eyebrows, too, but I may just be remembering wrong--anyway, she has blonde ones now. And a blonde...scalp?

I do use default replacement skintones (obviously) and bin all my custom hairs, but I don't think they're causing the problem here, as all my other sims are fine. I also have playables with this same haircut that don't have this problem.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 February 11, 11:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of the OFB female townies are like that.  Sad It is really annoying because I had to change all of their hair styles to long ones that cover the scalp.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 February 11, 11:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, these are the first screen shots of a Townie with the problem (wrong hair color)... so far it's only been reported with NPCs and born in game toddlers!
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 February 11, 11:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Almost all of the OFB female townies are like that.  Sad It is really annoying because I had to change all of their hair styles to long ones that cover the scalp.

Really? Weird that I never noticed...what did MaxisEA bork that causes that?
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2007 February 11, 14:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want to have to uninstall the patch, since I have vampires and whatnot, but could somebody make a fix where a toddler with a dormie black haired dad and a red/black haired 5th gen mother does NOT get red hair and black eyebrows? 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 February 11, 14:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody noticed anything weird going on with their townies' hair post-patch? I had a Bluewater townie drop into one of my sims' stores yesterday with some sort of bizarre scalp disease or something.

SimPE says she's genetically blonde/blonde, but she's always walking around with brown hair. I could've sworn she used to have brown eyebrows, too, but I may just be remembering wrong--anyway, she has blonde ones now. And a blonde...scalp?

I do use default replacement skintones (obviously) and bin all my custom hairs, but I don't think they're causing the problem here, as all my other sims are fine. I also have playables with this same haircut that don't have this problem.

I have had this issue for quite some time, way before patching Pets.  I also use different default skintones, but was using them before without this happening.  I have my game loaded on another computer and it doesn't seem to do this and I haven't found what is causing it.  It does drive me nuts though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 February 12, 01:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want to have to uninstall the patch, since I have vampires and whatnot, but could somebody make a fix where a toddler with a dormie black haired dad and a red/black haired 5th gen mother does NOT get red hair and black eyebrows?
That's a hardcoded problem. The vampires problem is already fixed in the vampirefixes here, so you won't have any problems with vampires even without the patch if you install that.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: