More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 00:22:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 199325 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #50 on: 2005 September 14, 09:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: I will repost this in another thread. This isn't about nightlife, this is about sims2 & Uni. Sorry folks, didn't read past the word 'bug'.  Embarrassed

« Last Edit: 2005 September 14, 23:17:10 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 September 14, 15:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside from the tendency to crash and/or corrupt files during installation (which I'm willing to admit was probably partly my fault since I didn't defrag) I have one Nightlife bug which is irritating the crap out of me.

The option to enable or disable custom content is a good thing, and I can understand why it's been included.  But it would be better for me if it would actually turn off.  Not everyone seems to be having this problem, but even on "enabled" I can't get at any of my custom content.  I've tried it with no hacks, and any sims that had custom content before NL still have their hair and makeup and aren't naked so the content's compatible.  I just can't add any, or change the appearance of any sims that have the custom stuff without it reverting to Maxis-made.  No matter how many times I play with the clicky boxes there's no difference and no pretty lipgloss.  The switch is still there, but the lightbulb is dead.

If it still won't work by the weekend I'll reinstall, but given that it took me four hours last time I'm not looking forward to it. Angry
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 September 14, 16:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside from the tendency to crash and/or corrupt files during installation (which I'm willing to admit was probably partly my fault since I didn't defrag) I have one Nightlife bug which is irritating the crap out of me.

The option to enable or disable custom content is a good thing, and I can understand why it's been included.  But it would be better for me if it would actually turn off.  Not everyone seems to be having this problem, but even on "enabled" I can't get at any of my custom content.  I've tried it with no hacks, and any sims that had custom content before NL still have their hair and makeup and aren't naked so the content's compatible.  I just can't add any, or change the appearance of any sims that have the custom stuff without it reverting to Maxis-made.  No matter how many times I play with the clicky boxes there's no difference and no pretty lipgloss.  The switch is still there, but the lightbulb is dead.

If it still won't work by the weekend I'll reinstall, but given that it took me four hours last time I'm not looking forward to it. Angry

The option to disable custom content only applies to objects/hacks--not skins, walls, floors, etc.  The reason is that new objects/hacks can adversely affect gameplay, so it is a sort of safe-mode for those things.  You also need to restart the game anytime you change the option to enable or disable custom content *objects/hacks*.  As for your problems with lipgloss, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Perhaps you could try it in bodyshop and see if it is working there.
Michael_the_choirboy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 September 15, 01:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HatedMaxoid:
Thanks so much for being here!  We appreciate it, and all that you're working on.  Cheesy
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2005 September 15, 12:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed and played Nightlife last night, and the biggest bug I found was in a dorm. When I entered the dorm there were two cafeteria workers, one was playing the bass and the other was standing around doing nothing.  Tongue My students were only able to say goodbye to one (the one standing around) so I had one of them do that and the NPC left. I ended up having to delete the one playing the bass as she only had the NPC options available (work in cafeteria, etc), she was the "real" cafeteria worker. She didn't come back until her usual time the next morning, and when she did come back she didn't cook, she wandered upstairs to play pinball Tongue I ended up deleting the ShineyTyme stove and my students are now cooking for themselves, as it appears the cafeteria workers aren't going to work correctly anymore.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2005 September 15, 14:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened to me several times, without Nightlife.  The only workaround I've found is to delete the cooktop and buy another, then it should work again (although maybe not until the next day). 

Anyway, no time to prattle.  My copy of Nightlife has just plopped through my letterbox.  A day late because I ordered a day late, but still a day earlier than in the shops.  OFF I GO TO INSTALL (muttering as I go about various things, particularly censor blurs ...).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 September 15, 14:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also need to restart the game anytime you change the option to enable or disable custom content *objects/hacks*.  As for your problems with lipgloss, I'm not sure what's going on there.  Perhaps you could try it in bodyshop and see if it is working there.

Thanks for the clarification, I took your advice and tried it in BodyShop.  BS crashed attempting to load, so I went ahead and uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled again.  The hair/makeup etc. shows up now and I did manage to enable my hacks again (I hate playing without same-sex marriage, it's just not as much fun).  There was not a single difference during the last two installations though, other than one worked and one didn't.  That makes four dud intsallations before one that worked (so far, touch wood), three of which finished fine but had corrupted files.  Nothing really to be done about it, I know, but I've never had problems like that with Uni.  Huh
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2005 September 15, 14:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Ancient, I'll try replacing the cooktop and see if that fixes it.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 September 15, 14:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed now that I have NL up and going, that the alienware computer is gone, my customs are enabled, I haven't checked for the xmas tree or scissors yet though, am i doing something wrong?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 September 15, 14:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See this is what I want to know, how come you have to install and reinstall so many times to finally get a good install? Is that why the answer from Maxis was always the same in the beginning? Because they knew the install code is flaky?

Fix that Maxis, make it so that if it installs, it installs correctly the first time. Its very frustrating to wait that long to install the thing only to find out a few hours in to game play that I have a bad install because something is flaking out and not working, then I have to start the process all over again. I feel like a guinea pig over here, granted I am a patient person and I generally like testing etc, but this is a bit silly.

Something is wrong with the install code, please fix it.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 September 15, 14:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kristalrose, I have the same issue with graphics settings. When I installed Uni, the game was by default set to the highest settings. With NL, it's all on low. Everything. I put everything back up to medium or high and haven't had any slowdown problems or anything, but I haven't tried out the cinematics, yet.

I'm also having problems with the custom content enabling. I enabled everything at the dialogue that pops up at the beginning, but, aside from recolors of maxis objects, I do not have a single custom object showing up in the game. And the few hacks I left in, like the teleporter shrub (which I think Inge said was reported to work in NL, if I remember correctly), were not functioning.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 September 15, 14:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

after you enabled the custom content, did you restart the game?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 September 15, 14:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm just now reading that I was supposed to do that. I'll try again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 September 15, 14:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I made that dumb mistake too of selecting enable custom content and not reading the fine print that you have to restart.  Embarrassed

I question if that was really the best way to handle it or if a popup box prior to load so they you don't have to reload would have been better. Just imagine how many people on the BBS are going to freak out about this because they didn't read you have to restart. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nothingbutsims
« Reply #64 on: 2005 September 15, 15:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Yikes!  I am supposed to get my copy of NL today by UPS.  I am almost afraid to download it just reading all of this.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 September 15, 15:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I made that dumb mistake too of selecting enable custom content and not reading the fine print that you have to restart.  Embarrassed

I question if that was really the best way to handle it or if a popup box prior to load so they you don't have to reload would have been better. Just imagine how many people on the BBS are going to freak out about this because they didn't read you have to restart. Wink

Yes, in retrospect, we probably should have put that in big, bold, and red letters near the OK button.

"You will have to restart your game to see any changes."
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 September 15, 15:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other thing I forgot to mention with NL: I'm not having the problem others are reporting with the karaoke machine and no voices. That works fine for me. But anytime my sim talks to a waiter, bartender, any npc like that in a downtown lot, their lips move but there's no voice. They can talk to regular sims just fine.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 September 15, 15:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The YA Sim I am trying to marry off is a CAS-born sim.  I have always been able to "Propose:  Move In" to a YA to get them to move into a neighborhood lot.  They go through the whole "grow-up" spin-turn and then can walk straight to the wedding arch and say "I do."  I've done this with both CAS-sims and NPC's.

Graphics:  Think I fixed it:  I updated my drivers.  Duh!!!
The move in proposal works for dormies, not controlable sims. They have to graduate first. At least that's what I've heard. When you did this with CAS sims, did they graduate first, or were they still in school?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 September 15, 15:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sara_dippity's comment reminded me of another oddness I witnessed in my dorm. I haven't tried this before, so it may not be Nightlife specific, but then again it might be. I tried to have two students get their boyfriends to move into their dorm, but the action continually dropped out of their queues.

Jen

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 September 15, 16:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One other thing I forgot to mention with NL: I'm not having the problem others are reporting with the karaoke machine and no voices. That works fine for me. But anytime my sim talks to a waiter, bartender, any npc like that in a downtown lot, their lips move but there's no voice. They can talk to regular sims just fine.

Is the ventriloquism fixed with sims talking on the phone?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 September 15, 16:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have restarted my game, and the computer is still not there, but like say haven't checked the tree and what have you, won't be able to till later as I am at work for 8 more hours.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2005 September 15, 16:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the ventriloquism fixed with sims talking on the phone?

C

Yes! *cheers*

Jen

knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 September 15, 16:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noticed something in NL, might not be a bug, but I was at two community lots and wanted to use the matchmaker and she wouldn't show up anywhere, I thought she was supposed too..had to go home, call then go downtown. 

here's another NL bug
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=570.0
i had this one also, its about the beds and inventory

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 September 15, 18:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got NL today. I think I experienced a sort of bug, not sure though. Is throwing food at a friend considered flirting? Because they fell in love when one of them threw some chili con carne on the other!!  Shocked
What else, yeah, I do have the mute singing bug with the karaoke machine too. awh too bad, I so wanted to hear my sims sing. oh well, I'm sure it will be fixed in time.  Smiley
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 September 15, 19:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a bad one, and this has happened in numerous neighborhoods and households. Sometimes, in different interactions (one was using the ReNuYo-Orb thing, another eating, another talking) I am suddenly unable to click on the sim, meaning I can't order YA to do homework or go to class, cannot freestyle, etc. Even worse, they can no longer move or react- they're frozen. In fact, so are all the other player-sims (in one dorm, I have Dustin broke, and Angela and Lilith Pleasent. Angela bugged/froze, and then Lilith and Dustin could no longer move or react as well, but all the dormies were still moving). Same thing happened in a family (with the ReNu orb)- daughter used the orb, became bugged, and her parents could no longer move either.

I just saved without exiting, but this is a nasty bug. Has anyone else had this? I'll test this tonight by removing all my hacks, but people might want to watch out for this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: