More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 12:43:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  All sims have too many interactions...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: All sims have too many interactions...  (Read 7091 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
All sims have too many interactions...
« on: 2005 August 03, 21:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently reset my neighborhoods, and moved the Summerdream family into their new house. With free will on, they seem to decide to do something, and then jump a little. I turned on the testing cheat, and got a ton of "too many interactions" errors. Looking at them, I saw something with a bed involved, so I thought it might be a custom mesh I downloaded, but then I saw that a lot of other Maxis items were involved, and I've never had that problem with the bed before, I've used it a lot. It's the only custom mesh in the house. I love the house, please tell me this is fixable without bulldozing it.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 06, 10:12:59 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: All sims have too many interactions...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 04, 00:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not my custom bed or the two plant meshes I had that I forgot about. I deleted them, then used debug mode again, and instead of "reset" I deleted the sims when it came up, and saved and exited. Still bugged.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 04, 16:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean "iterations", not "interactions", right?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 17:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess so. In my defense my monitor is really blurry and hard to see.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 05, 00:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You oughta treat yourself to an LCD screen.  It's lighter, chugs less power, has much less footprint on the desktop, stays nice and sharp, and it's kinder on the eyes.  What's not to like? Cheesy

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 05, 00:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You oughta treat yourself to an LCD screen. It's lighter, chugs less power, has much less footprint on the desktop, stays nice and sharp, and it's kinder on the eyes. What's not to like? Cheesy
What's not to like?  Well, they're small.  They're expensive.  And if operated at anything other than their native resolution, they're blurry.  Which is sara_dippity's problem already.

The good news is, if you don't care about footprints, weight or power, you can get a used 21" NEC or Viewsonic for around $150 to $200 and kiss screen size and blurry issues goodbye.  Not only that, but it gives new life to old games.  Like Sims 1.  Which is how I got started playing it again a couple of months before Sims 2 came out. Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 05, 00:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to sarah dippity's original question: You might be suffering from "too many sims" bugs.  JM has a collection of hacks that smooth out lots of those problems, right here in More Awesome Than You. 

Another thing to look at is whether the sim happens to know a lot of corrupted sims.  Look at the recalcitrant sims' relationships in SimPE.  If you see "unknown" sims in the relationships table, delete the relationship.  Also check the sim's memories for "unknown" sims and delete the memories of them.  At least I can say that this works for me.

themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 05, 00:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with the Summerdream house in both Veronaville and in my custom hood.  They couldn't go to school, work or take a cab.  I don't know it its the family or the house because they died of old age shortly after I bulldozed the house and moved them in with their son.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 05, 02:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You oughta treat yourself to an LCD screen. It's lighter, chugs less power, has much less footprint on the desktop, stays nice and sharp, and it's kinder on the eyes. What's not to like? Cheesy
Bwahaha! My budget is fifty dollars! and I won't even have that for over a month!

The good news is, if you don't care about footprints, weight or power, you can get a used 21" NEC or Viewsonic for around $150 to $200 and kiss screen size and blurry issues goodbye.  Not only that, but it gives new life to old games.  Like Sims 1.  Which is how I got started playing it again a couple of months before Sims 2 came out. Cheesy

Hook

Meh, my plan is the local computer geek's most recent used monitor deal. I can't wait for the new peice of crap either, this one turns itself off when it gets too warm.

I fixed the house. No it wasn't overflow issues, since I just reset all of my neighborhoods. I fixed it by reseting them again, since I only lost about three days of gameplay.
I think it may have been the meshes, I didn't use them this time. Then again, that's like saying someone spit on me when I was wearing red shoelaces, and today I wore blue ones instead, and no one spit on me, so red shoelaces make someone spit on you.
Anyway, problem solved (except my crappy monitor, pathetic budget, and the fact that the damn kid won't go to bed properly.)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 06, 00:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back to sarah dippity's original question: You might be suffering from "too many sims" bugs.

This looks more like flakiness in the "Set to Next" primitive again. It isn't looking for neighbors, but different parts of the bed.

SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 06, 04:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... is it happening in only one house?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 06, 05:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm... is it happening in only one house?

Currently, no. It's not happening at all. Thanks for trying though!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 06, 05:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray!  Maybe we scared the bug away! Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 06, 10:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like the Evil Bed Relaxation Bug. I believe it was, at one point, identified as being caused by Some Awful Woohoo Hack. You wouldn't happen to have any of those?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 06, 17:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell no. Only hacks I have are by you and a couple from twojeffs. They wern't trying to relax though, they were just standing around. It started as soon as I moved them into the lot. Every time they were idle, they would jump every second or so. It was weird. I'm really starting to think it was the mesh, or a conflict with another mesh I had. I had some kind of weird issues with some of the Maxis meshes not behaving as they should when I downloaded another mesh. Like I downloaded a table, and suddenly the three tiled Maxis table in the game starts behaving like a two tiled table. Also, all my double beds were only sleepable on one side.
Anyway, I reset the 'hood again, and am currently deleting all but about 5-10 custom meshes from my game. I'm still pruning my stuff, but all odd glitches have gone away.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: