More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 08:49:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Paintings and their environment score
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Paintings and their environment score  (Read 7273 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Paintings and their environment score
« on: 2005 August 01, 17:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there. Just one quick question for the wise that hides around here:

If my sim paints a painting, and its a msterpiece, and I hang it on a wall instead of selling it, does anyone know if it has an environment score, and if it does, how high it is?

BTW, have any of you ever seen anyone actually liking the homegrown paintings? All my sim ever does, is to complain about it, causing the creator of the painting to go and cry.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Paintings and their environment score
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 01, 21:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an elder who's eldest daughter painted him playing the drums and he loves that picture so much.  He cheers all of the time.  The Summerdreams though always make fun of each other's paintings.  My Royal family sims clap at the home paintings.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 03, 17:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could check their environment graph after you put the homegrown painting in a room where they are and see if it goes up or down.

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 00:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the painting are a "copy" of that "standing woman in red" - and I think this painting has environment 1, that doesn't add a much to the room's environment.

But TSR has some awesome (than you) rugs, and each one of them had 10 environment rate. 3-4 of them makes my room's environment all green.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 08:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okies.

And nobody has found a way yet of saving those homegrown paintings, so I could transfer them to another house, without doing a whole lot of screenshotting, and SimPE work on creating a whole new recolour of the lady in red?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 11:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love it if someone brought out a custom easel which had different paintings in, like Juniper Sun and a few others did for Sims 1.  I get so fed up with the same paintings all the time, and it's really annoying when they have Creativity 10, and they still churn out the kids' house or the girl in pink!

Zephyr Zodiac
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 11:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I let them paint the easel paintings, and they have 10 in creativity, i get one of 4 paintings out of it. A very depressed picasso face, a blue forrest, a red sunddown, or a bunch of stripes diagonally and horizontally. And thats it. The kids paintings are what my sims do for practice, untill they reach creativity 10.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 04, 14:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you're lucky, I have Coral Oldie painting and writing novels for a living, and she still occasionally does one of the kid's paintings.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 04, 17:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I let them paint the easel paintings, and they have 10 in creativity, i get one of 4 paintings out of it. A very depressed picasso face, a blue forrest, a red sunddown, or a bunch of stripes diagonally and horizontally. And thats it. The kids paintings are what my sims do for practice, untill they reach creativity 10.
The face is Will Wright, I beleive. There is also a pic of clowns, I wish I didn't get that one.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 04, 17:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah yes, i had completely wiped that one from my memory...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 04, 20:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's because Coral has a custom easel!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: