More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 18:05:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Advertising this website
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Advertising this website  (Read 14335 times)
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
Advertising this website
« on: 2005 July 29, 16:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, what are your feelings regarding members here advertising your website elsewhere? 

I'm tempted to add it to my signature over on the BBS, as I did for a while when you were at Variousimmers.  The upside of advertising would be that people who are genuinely interested in fixing their game would be able to find their way to you.  The downside would be that many of those featured on the Idiot of the Day could find their way here too.  I can't handle the bad spelling and the EA loyalty over at the BBS, I certainly don't want to have to read it here. 

Are you keeping this exclusive or can any idiot join?

happy now :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Advertising this website
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 16:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you must advertise the site in an undirected fashion (posts in advertising, sig-links, etc), advertise the front page. Only give direct links in response to specific questions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 22:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this okay, O Great One?

Tired of waiting for Tim LeTourneaus's Promised Patch? Want a smoother running game that works properly?  Visit http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 29, 22:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no, no. Send them to the front page and let them download the free samples. And I liked your old cat avatar better.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 29, 22:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no, no. Send them to the front page and let them download the free samples.
Consider it done!

And I liked your old cat avatar better.
That's just plain evil! I'm a big fan of the late Aalliyah.  But as it's your website...
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 22:42:41 by sandilou » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 30, 00:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just plain evil! I'm a big fan of the late Aalliyah.  But as it's your website...
I have no idea who Aalliyah is. That sounds more like the noise somebody makes when you set their butt on fire. But hey, I was just saying the cat was cooler.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 30, 01:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaliyah Haughton died tragically at the age of 22 in a plane crash almost 4 years ago.  She was a rising R & B singer who was about to become more well known because she had landed a leading role in the Matrix II and III. After her death her part in Matrix II was reshot and played (I think) by Jada Pinkett Smith.

I know all this is meaningless to a fortified Monatana hermit.  However, the vampire in you might find her final movie 'Queen of the Damned' more to your taste.  http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/movies/qotd/trailer.html

breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 30, 01:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaliyah Haughton died tragically at the age of 22 in a plane crash almost 4 years ago.  She was a rising R & B singer who was about to become more well known because she had landed a leading role in the Matrix II and III. After her death her part in Matrix II was reshot and played (I think) by Jada Pinkett Smith.

I know all this is meaningless to a fortified Monatana hermit.  However, the vampire in you might find her final movie 'Queen of the Damned' more to your taste.  http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/movies/qotd/trailer.html

Ack!

Granted, Anne Rice got worse along the years, but that film was horrible. It seemed some kind of voluntary sabotage...
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 30, 02:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  I didn't watch it all the way through; poor concentration and a working brain prevented me from doing so!  Not my kind of movie. But she was (only slightly) better acting with Jet Li and DMX in Romeo Must Die. 

I'm a fan of her singing, although I think that her strongest work was done alongside R Kelly.  Shame about all the scandal that led to her leaving his label - he brought out the best in her vocally.  I'd say more about R Kelly - but I wouldn't want to be sued!
« Last Edit: 2005 July 30, 18:31:57 by sandilou » Logged

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 30, 15:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack!

Granted, Anne Rice got worse along the years, but that film was horrible. It seemed some kind of voluntary sabotage...

Take it away from the book and it was just a piece of mediocre entertainment (though Stuart Townsend was hot), compare it to the book and it's absoulte crap.

In all fairness they had to squish rather a lot of information in to that short time (two 800page+ books) and had a lower budget than the make they did of Interview with the Vampire.

What I'm more concerned about is the musical of 'The Vampire Lestat' which Elton John and Bernie Taupin have written, and is to be released on Broadway... then there's Rice's latest - writing the biography of Jesus in first person...

A proud thread pirate.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 31, 03:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She was a rising R & B singer who was about to become more well known because she had landed a leading role in the Matrix II and III. After her death her part in Matrix II was reshot and played (I think) by Jada Pinkett Smith.

Actually her part was not replaced by Jada Pinkett Smith. I can't remember the actresses name, but I think the character was named Zee or some such (you would think I would remember I watched the movies with a friend last week). Anyway it was the wife of one of Morpheus's crew. Not that any of this is important, I'm just being picky. It is, after all, what I am good for; I am a veritable cornucopia of useless information.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 31, 04:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right.  I can remember the discussion amongst the popcorn and diet coke when we watched it at the cinema. Her hubby would have been the actor with the locks?  Too busy watching Keanu to care!

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 31, 04:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard Wil Smith turned down the role of Neo. Aren't you glad he did?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 31, 13:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've got to be joking!  Keanu may be wooden in his acting, but that's why we love him.  He's eye candy extraordinaire.  Great cheekbones!  Whereas Will with those ears - unforgiveable!  I like Will Smith, but he has way too much to say.  Keanu's vacant looks may be truly vacant, but they work! The role of Neo needs a SILENT hero.  Will would have talked us to death. Cheesy!  I bet Will regrets losing out on all those millions.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 31, 13:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Talk about a sharp turn into both off-topic and incomprehensible. I have no idea what you people are going on about.

Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 31, 17:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*pat pat* go snort some more caffeine. You'll feel better.

A proud thread pirate.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 31, 22:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Talk about a sharp turn into both off-topic and incomprehensible. I have no idea what you people are going on about.

Translation: Eye Candy: http://www.postershop.co.uk/Reeves-Keanu/Reeves-Keanu-Photo-Keanu-Reeves-6202385.html

Translation: Unforgiveable Ears: http://www.postershop.co.uk/Smith-Will/Smith-Will-Photo-XL-Will-Smith-6221646.html

The Matrix Trilogy - a series of 3 movies,  broke the record for movie box office earnings of all time.
Keanu was rumoured to earn approx. £66m from royalties alone.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 31, 22:24:48 by sandilou » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 31, 22:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's 3 of them now?

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 31, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  Lots of action, fighting and killing. Although, because it's science fiction, no-one ever really seems to die.   I'd like to say that the movies appeal to your intelligence, but I'd be lying; if you want to listen to the plot you can, or you can just look at the action sequences and special effects which were the first of their kind and have since been much emulated. 

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 31, 22:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is not science fiction. It's science sillyness. "Obviously, once the sun goes out, humans switch to some non-solar-based foodchain that the robots find impossible to emulate." Good grief. Any time they start talking about the technical explanations for things, I have to plug my ears and run around screaming until I find a copy of Asimov's or some other SF that actually has science in it, as opposed to blatant crap masquerading as science. Ugh. Hollywood does not appreciate the genre. Mangles it beyond belief, every single time . . .
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 31, 22:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Obviously, once the sun goes out, humans switch to some non-solar-based foodchain that the robots find impossible to emulate."

Oh!  Is that what they were trying to say.  Airhead me had my earplugs in!  When watching The Matrix I woke up when bullets started moving in slow motion and Keanu's cape started flapping!  Then I switched off again and went back to my diet coke.  I was boggle eyed at the helicopter sequence.  That still impresses me today.  I'm very shallow. 

I thought that the trilogy was supposed to be a complex love story set in the style of a legend, but I'm not sure if it worked.  Matrix III had me trying to remember the plot from the Matrix II, so I could work out where things had left off.  Too much effort, so I switched to eye candy and action mode.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 31, 23:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isaac Asimov is the undisputed master of science fiction, but I must admit that I still enjoy reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". What's more I've had a copy since I was young(er) and my daughter recently found it, read it, and enjoyed just as much as I still do.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 31, 23:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hitch Hiker's Guide rocks. It's just awesome. Because it doesn't try to be serious, it just screws around and comes up with obviously ridiculous explanations for things. Star Trek is the same way: at a certain point, it's obvious that the "science" bit is just a support for the actual story. Obviously non-serious explanations, those I enjoy. But "trying and failing miserably" SF, like most of the Hollywood pap that people here are convinced is actual SF . . . must . . . stick . . . sharp object . . . into . . . brain.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 31, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isaac Asimov is the undisputed master of science fiction, but I must admit that I still enjoy reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". What's more I've had a copy since I was young(er) and my daughter recently found it, read it, and enjoyed just as much as I still do.

G.

I LOVE Asimov (Heinlein too, whatever your opinion of him may be, I loved his stuff).  Read tons of SF books in high school.  Not much since.  I really have gotten into procedural thrillers.  Love them.  Kathy Reichs is the best because she IS what she writes about.  Good science (forensic pathology) in those plus good writing. 

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 01, 06:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have read all of Kathy Reiches stuff too and enjoy it for the very same reason that you stated.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: