More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 19:33:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You gotta juggle, before you can eat...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You gotta juggle, before you can eat...  (Read 21075 times)
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: You gotta juggle, before you can eat...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 29, 02:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should learn to bask in the light and glory of duckspeaking. It makes you much more awesome, although you certainly can't be the epitomal, archetypal exemplification of quintessential awesomeness.  Wink
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 July 29, 02:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Duckspeak, is this level of awesomeness you describe similar in vagueness to recieving an award titled "Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence"?

Wink

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 July 29, 02:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly, since true awesomeness is so awesome that no title could ever describe its awesomeness.
Maybe that is why the site simply referred as "moreawesomethanyou," without any limitations on the extent of awesomeness.  Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 July 29, 05:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an option to only make instant meals once, but it turned out there was still burnt food in the stove that I couldn't see. Have you replaced the stove?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 July 29, 06:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's late, and my monitor is going screwy, so have you mentioned wether or not you have diagonal walls? I have a problem with no food options appearing except for instant meal and juggle if there is a diagonal wall in the path between the sim and the fridge.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 July 29, 06:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have diagonal walls but not in the path of the sim told to make a meal. Ummmm, I will check my sim houses abit more.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 July 29, 09:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, At least I am not Utterly Insane.

I do have a diagonal wall in the kitchen, but it should in no way interfere with the walk path of my simmies.

And, although ive picked juggling as my method, im pretty sure there are other ways of unlocking the food in the fridge, i just find juggling the most amusing. Taking out an instant meal, or doing an inventory might do the trick as well, although I havent been able to use the two later options consistently. The one that seems to do the trick for me, is juggling. They dont even have to do any actual jugling, they just have to get close enough to the fridge, with the option queued. Just going close to the fridge actually seems to do the trick as well.

Come to think of it, moving a few walls around will probably be my next experiment, but you might be on to something with the diagonal wall. The layout of their bedroom is that all corners are diagonal walls, and as long as my sim with a mere 7 in cooking aint in the kitchen itself, there is only the instant meal option. I just ran a few more tests, and i guess i have to redo part of the house.

I will let you know if removing some of the diagonal walls actually have a curing effect.

As to having burnt food in the stove. If that was the case, juggling, or going near the fridge should have no effect. Im certain the stove works as intended.

/edit so as to not spam too many useless posts around:

I've moved the doors from diagonal walls, to regular walls, and now the family can once more use the fridge with no problems. Meaning, basically, if you have a door between you and the fridge, and its on a diagonal wall, you are going to live on Instant Meals. Creativity in designing interior walls apparently dont get applauded by the fridge.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 09:32:53 by cyperangel » Logged

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 July 29, 10:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The logic behind that is entirely baffling. It's almost like there's actually an accessibility check, albeit a broken one. That'd be potentially useful if I could find it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 July 29, 12:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

/edit so as to not spam too many useless posts around:

I've moved the doors from diagonal walls, to regular walls, and now the family can once more use the fridge with no problems. Meaning, basically, if you have a door between you and the fridge, and its on a diagonal wall, you are going to live on Instant Meals. Creativity in designing interior walls apparently dont get applauded by the fridge.

I recently had this problem again, but this time it was an archway (all doors/arches are on straight walls) that was causing it. I frequently use arches instead of doors leading into kitchens. I used the new arches from the Grand Trianon Collection. For a while, all was well, then Sims could not use the fridge unless they were in the kitchen when I queued it. I pulled out the custom arches and put in Maxis ones. Still no go. I then put in a door and all was well. I changed the door out for a Maxis arch today, so I can see if it goes buggy again.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 July 29, 12:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew there was something caused this and I remember now, having read one of the previous posts.  It's diagonal walls.  Before I added a mod that tells you the fridge capacity when you click on the fridge, the only way I could get Sims to cook a meal if there was a diagonal wall between them and the fridge when I gave the instruction was to get them to check the supplies first.  I daresay juggling would also have worked.  I think the fridge must 'lock', because with the smart serve hack I have in, the fridge locks for an hour once a Sim has started cooking to avoid another Sim cooking as well.  All that works then is check supplies, have a snack, etc.  Maybe whatever is used in that hack to lock the fridge is locking it for diagonal walls too, although goodness only knows what the connection is between the two.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 July 29, 18:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember this problem being discussed on the Maxis forums, but I'm too fat and lazy at the moment to go do a search.

I do remember that if your Sim was in a bathroom, you couldn't click on the fridge to make a meal.  You could do juggle, or Check Food Supplies, but you couldn't fix food.  Now, why the bathroom is special in this regard is totally beyond me. 

Maybe there's an overly-fastidious programmer at Maxis who didn't like Sims thinking about food while in the potty.  Ok, let's really mess with them:  Put the potty in the kitchen!

I'd try this one out myself, but refer back to the first paragraph of this message. Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 July 29, 22:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my sims are rarely in the bathroom when i direct them to make the breakfast, they are usually just getting out of bed, and thus in their bedrooms.
After removing the diagonal walls, and placing the doors on the boring straight walls, i again have access to all fridge menues

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 July 29, 22:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...because with the smart serve hack I have in...
Is this one of Inge's? I don't recall seeing it around. Sounds good!

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 July 29, 23:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this one of Inge's? I don't recall seeing it around. Sounds good!

No, its on MTS2. It's a nice hack made by dizzy-two (or dizzy2, they allow numbers in names Cheesy)

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 July 29, 23:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Veilchen, you are a veritable fount of information!  Grin

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 July 30, 00:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I heard diagonal doors bug the maids too. They leave before their work is done.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 July 30, 09:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, they do, that was another side effect i noticed.

My maid simply wouldnt make the beds in the two bedrooms that had diagonal doors. I thought it might ahve been a side effect of me having used the SimVac on her, and was considering firing her to get her replaced. But after fixing the dors and walls, shes gone back to cleaning as she should.

Oh, and sorry bout the confusion with the smart serve hack.  For some reason my mind was determined that it should be a hack by Inge. Ops. *goes away and hides*

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 July 30, 09:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Diagonal doors lock up two tiles at once. Given the fact that a door with one tile can stick for no apparent reason, diagonal doors double your pleasure. Tongue

Wherever possible, I avoid using walls, let alone doors.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 01, 06:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember this problem being discussed on the Maxis forums, but I'm too fat and lazy at the moment to go do a search.

I do remember that if your Sim was in a bathroom, you couldn't click on the fridge to make a meal.  You could do juggle, or Check Food Supplies, but you couldn't fix food.  Now, why the bathroom is special in this regard is totally beyond me. 

Maybe there's an overly-fastidious programmer at Maxis who didn't like Sims thinking about food while in the potty.  Ok, let's really mess with them:  Put the potty in the kitchen!

I'd try this one out myself, but refer back to the first paragraph of this message. Cheesy

Hook

Yep, thats my problem. Had a play around with my house in question and yep, when my sim was taking a shower or just in the bathroom, no one could cook a meal.

I am not using a single maxis bathroom item. They are all downloaded objects.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 01, 17:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this problem yesterday, for the first time. My sim was standing in the kitchen juggling bottles. I'd cancel it out, and she'd immediately queue it back up again. I'd never noticed her juggling before, but now she was obsessed. She was also very low on energy and should have been using that energy to go to the bedroom! What was kind of funny was that her uncle (who also was not the juggling type, a very serious sim) was standing in the kitchen with "juggle bottles" in his queue. He was waiting for her to stop! He was also in desperate need to go potty, but he figured juggling was the better choice, I suppose. I also had only 2 food options available on the fridge: instant meal and chef salad. Now that I think about it, it was in a kitchen with a diagonal door. They'd just moved in.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 02, 03:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remembered!! Yep, I have a one tile diagonal wall in my kitchen.

Curse anything diagonal in this game me thinks.

PresentTense
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 02, 03:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note to self: dont put anything diagonal near your fridge.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 August 02, 03:50:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Additional note to self: don't put doors in diagonal walls as NPC's won't go through them to make beds, clean etc.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: