More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 06:39:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Birthday Cakes: Horribly and Unexplainably Buggy?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Birthday Cakes: Horribly and Unexplainably Buggy?  (Read 32633 times)
pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

Malordorous chowder jockey

View Profile
Re: Birthday Cakes: Horribly and Unexplainably Buggy?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 02, 23:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing is that the infant won't age if it's about to soil its diaper. That is one constant which will cause the action to abort. Tired and/or hungry don't seem to affect it.

Ding! That was exactly the situation that led to the aborted birthday I was talking about. Immediately after the party stopped, the baby dumped. This made me laugh out loud, but I didn't connect it to the cake breaking. This makes sense - the cake got stuck in use so you couldn't queue up another birthday party. Coolness.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 03, 06:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stopped using the birthday cake.  Everytime I get one on my lot it only has the option to clean up.
I've found that the birthday cake has a very short "table life". It seems to go bad (green clouds & flies) within an hour of being placed. So I buy it only after the party has started and immediately before I want the child to grow up.

The wedding cake doesn't seem to suffer from this problem. It lasts all night, like the gelatin.

I have found like some other people here that the cake will last a lifetime. I hate the darn thing as it takes up valuable bench space and makes my sims fat. So I don't like them eating it but hell, the thing never goes bad! So I always cancel out the "eat cake" command and have a family member clean it up asap.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 03, 06:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Baby Controller lets you grow up a baby without a cake. Especially useful since normally, the baby cannot grow up at all.

Hmm, yes, I had the baby controller in the house, where the babies grew up to be toddlers with no birthday party or cake. Before I had the baby controller I never had a stuck baby though I always had a party and cake. I must've just got lucky.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 03, 12:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of bugs, I ran into a doozy involving Bathroom Uses You. I got into an unpleastant situation where the only shower was busted. A kid I was torturing training up on the obstacle course ran into the bathroom in extreme stink mode, and ZAP - it was a line of hammer&sickles all the way across the screen and beyond. I had to replace the shower, and then delete about 40 queued actions before things became sane again. I keep hoping that the TP shows up on the firing range so that I could report it.  I haven't been able to reproduce it though, which is of course every programmer's least favorite sentence.

It's because the bathroom is continuing to call the sim, but it is not possible for them to be used.  I had the same thing happen with power idle eat when the fridge got low and they ran out of pork chops.  Once I refilled the fridge.... all better.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: