More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:20:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Submitting stories to the Exchange
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Submitting stories to the Exchange  (Read 2618 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
Submitting stories to the Exchange
« on: 2005 October 15, 23:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh. I think I've broken my album Shocked.

As most of my Sims 2 stories feature gay families and I fear the onslaught of baby sheep bleating about how icky that is, I've never actually tried to submit any of my sims stories to the Exchange before. But now I have a multi-chapter story about the Grunt family which I'd quite like to put up. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to.

What happened was that I submitted the story and it uploaded, all 1081 kB. I read through it on the site just to check it one last time, and realised it ended a bit abruptly. I went to the Manage My Uploads link on my Sim Page, and there wasn't a link to Edit the story, just one to Delete it. So I figured that the only way to edit the story must be to delete it and resubmit it (the Help on the Exchange is appalling, the only help specifically about Albums is how to back it up, nothing about uploading at all). Then I tried to re-upload the modified story. However, this time the game only sent 12 kB.

I'm guessing that there is something built into the game to stop idiots submitting their stories 25 billion times and spamming up the Exchange, and that the reason I couldn't find an "Edit Story" link on the Manage My Uploads link is that the only way to Edit a story is from within the game  Angry. I wish I'd realised that before I deleted the story from the Exchange Sad. Now I don't know what to do. I need to get this first chapter of the story uploaded, otherwise the rest of it will make no sense. How can I persuade the game to let me?

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Submitting stories to the Exchange
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 23:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep trying. Often when I upload stories to the exchange I get errors the first or second time, and then later it will look like only a tiny bit (it says 12k, or similar) is uploading, but then it will actually have been successful. I have noticed that it is often necessary to exit a house and come back in to try again with the upload for there to be any change.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 16, 00:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean I was panicking for nothing? Doh Embarrassed.

To make this something other than a "thank you" post, here are the links to my stories. The Grunt Family: Part 1: Tank goes to College, & Part 2: General Buzz's Friend.

Part 3 is written already, but I'll leave that for a couple of days to build up suspense Wink.

I registered University under a new username because I was sick of looking at the typo (it was supposed to be fearthebaratron, but it came out as feathebaratron and I didn't notice!), so I am baratrongirl there now. Hooray.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 16, 02:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you got the story up; it's excellent so far.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 16, 13:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you got the stories up, they're both very well-written, which makes a change from the majority on there.  Will check back periodically for updates!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: