More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 23:45:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  My Game Freeze my computer when I try to restart Bon Voyage
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Game Freeze my computer when I try to restart Bon Voyage  (Read 7438 times)
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My Game Freeze my computer when I try to restart Bon Voyage
« on: 2007 September 15, 22:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excuse me if I'm not in the right place to ask my question  Embarrassed

I'll try to explain the most better I can because I'm poor in english.

There is now a new way to start the Sims 2 Bon Voyage.  I have an open box with the option "play".  Everything is fine when I start the game, I don't have too much bug other then my Sims can't dance Polka but when I close the game and try to restart it, the game completely "freeze" my computer and the game never restart.  The only thing I can do is restart my computer.

Its getting very frustrated when I test some object or built and have to restart the game AND the computer.

Can someone know if its a bug to the game or what?  Undecided

I would like to mention that I have the CD Rom version for Bon Voyage.  Maybe the DVD Rom do the same thing?
« Last Edit: 2007 September 15, 22:09:47 by ililas » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: My Game Freeze my computer when I try to restart Bon Voyage
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 15, 22:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might help if you were to give some details of your computer specifications (RAM, CPU, graphics card, etc.) to help people work out what may be the cause of your problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 16, 00:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, pardon me.

Here's my configuration.

Microsoft Windows XP Professionnal service pack 2

Intell Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
3070 MB Ram
Graphic Card : ATI Radeon 9600 / X1050 Series 256.0 MB

Hope it help.

Just to mention.  I downloaded the NO CD crack for Bon Voyage and it resolve my problem.  I had no problem anymore to start the game two or three time without having to restart my computer and with this crack, I will not use my cd  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 16, 00:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad to hear you found a solution so quickly!  and I envy your computer's specs!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 16, 00:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  So if my computer spec is great, then, why the game is soooo slow??? Huh Huh  This game ask so much to the computer, this is a chance that I have it.  I bought it ONLY for my Sims 2 game  Roll Eyes  I ask to the technician enough of power to be able to play really great and add all the futur add-on without having to boost it.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 16, 01:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried disconnecting from the internet or using a firewall to deny Bon Voyage access to the internet?

ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 16, 14:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello BastDawn, thank you for your help.

I cannot disconnect the web, my modem is always running the web.  But I can try to configure my firewall who come with the windowx xp to deny BV accesss to the web.  I never tough it could be the source of the problem, I'm very surprise about this  Shocked
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 16, 16:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your modem may always be on the web, but that doesn't mean you have to be. Disconnect the network cable from your computer.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 16, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just disable your connection and then reenable it after you play.  If that's easier than getting to the back of your computer.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 16, 19:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your modem may always be on the web, but that doesn't mean you have to be. Disconnect the network cable from your computer.

Oh Geez, I should tough to this by myself Grin  I feel so stupid.    Ok, lets disconnet the web to see what it done to my game.  Many thanks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 16, 20:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could also be that your anti-virus is working overtime, I had this problem with McAfee and it actually overloaded my computer and everything got fried.  I switched to an AV that you can disable (avast!) and is also free for home use as opposed to 50 quid a year, I can switch if off after I switch off my modem, and reenable it just as easily.

And there are several other things you can disable which are never used in the normal way among the Windows Services, but all of them use up some RAM.  (There is a tutorial at Paladin's Place which I found very useful in identifying some of these services.)

Zephyr Zodiac
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 17, 00:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you ZephyrZodiac, I have Avast and I will disable it when I start my game.  I want the best performance possible for my game.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 18, 20:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope it's working out! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 21, 13:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the game is not running more faster.  I put the patch of J.M.Pescado for the critical problem and I notice that I have 13 touristic guide in my neighboorhood so I don't think my game is that much corrupted.

This is incredible how this game is aking so much to a computer.  I would like to know what kind of computer EAGames have to realize this game.  They must have the biggest computer of this world  Shocked
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 21, 13:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is incredible how this game is aking so much to a computer.  I would like to know what kind of computer EAGames have to realize this game.  They must have the biggest computer of this world  Shocked

Well, to be fair your specs are not that great.  The P4 is decent, but getting old fast, and the video card is merely average.  You might want to turn some settings down and see if performance improves.  Also, try defragging your hard drive and running a spyware scan. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 21, 14:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a number of causes of lag that I've discovered so far, many pertaining to poor lot design in combination with obsessive-compulsive autonomous actions. Fishing is a leading offender at present, with the Witch Doctor's lot freezing frequently for long periods of time when he gets fixated on fishing (which he can't do because of the horribly warped terrain).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 21, 15:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair your specs are not that great.  The P4 is decent, but getting old fast, and the video card is merely average.  You might want to turn some settings down and see if performance improves.  Also, try defragging your hard drive and running a spyware scan. 
Hm. I have almost the same stats, except a Radeon x600 card. I can do max everything, very little lag now that I've smacked down the game from calling out. I get a bit on my beach lot at night (at level 9, it's pretty busy, plus I added a mod by Inge that forces all visitors to change into swimsuits that takes a bit of resource, plus there are a lot of tiki torches).

Has anyone been able to investigate whether SecuRom is causing some lag? I heard mention that it caused major issues with Zoo Tycoon 3.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 21, 16:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to investigate whether SecuRom is causing some lag? I heard mention that it caused major issues with Zoo Tycoon 3.

Completely SWAG, but it very well may -- I play with a no-cd exe, on a decent but not spectacularly fast system, and I don't encounter any more lag that I used to under seasons.  I still see more lag when a lot changes to snow-covered than I do almost anywhere else.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 21, 17:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I have almost the same stats, except a Radeon x600 card. I can do max everything, very little lag now that I've smacked down the game from calling out. I get a bit on my beach lot at night (at level 9, it's pretty busy, plus I added a mod by Inge that forces all visitors to change into swimsuits that takes a bit of resource, plus there are a lot of tiki torches).

Echo that.  I have roughly the same specs but only 1Gig RAM and an x200 card, and I have minimal lag (mind you, that's with shadows turned down to medium), if any.  No graphics errors.  I never use the launcher to load and disable all nonessential processes before starting the game (unconnected to the internet, of course).

Tribulatio proxima est
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 21, 18:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using a no-cd crack, disable the SecuROM service.  Doing so ensures it can't eat up processor availability. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: