More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:36:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Any way to get back a house I built, after uninstalling M&G?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to get back a house I built, after uninstalling M&G?  (Read 4525 times)
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any way to get back a house I built, after uninstalling M&G?
« on: 2009 May 26, 06:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house was built with the AL EP.  I built it and just saved it to the lots and houses bin.  Later installed M&G, and everything was fine for awhile.  M&G then became FUBARed, so I uninstalled it and haven't bothered with it since then.  Is the house gone?  I have a backup of the files before uninstalling M&G, but I've been enjoying playing from scratch.  It'd be nice to have that house back though, any advice would be appreciated. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Any way to get back a house I built, after uninstalling M&G?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 26, 06:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you didn't delete it, it should still be there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 26, 12:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, if you uninstalled an EP and did not have a backup of your Lots folder, it is quite possible that it is gone forever.  When you uninstall an EP, the game declares your saved stuff unplayable and deletes it.  IIRC, it pops up a box saying something along the lines of "before you do this, make sure you save what you want to keep, 'cos we're gonna zorch it".

Tribulatio proxima est
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 26, 15:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, definitely didn't delete it, and yes, I definitely made a back up.  I honestly don't know where to begin looking for it.  Is it...My documents\EA Games\The Sims2\Lot Catalog or do I look for it in the back up...AL folder\TSData\Res\UserData\LotCatalog?  I don't know which one of those files it could be either.  That's it for now, thanks again.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 May 26, 15:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's in the lots and houses bin, it will be in Documents/ EA Games/ The sims 2/ Lotcatalog. I would suggest to browse that folder using Clean Installer, as you can see the thumbnails of the lot impostors and easily identify your lot.
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 May 26, 17:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot Simsample!  Another turn of events, I went to take a look at the files in there and found they're all listed as Adobe Reader documents.  I know yesterday when I was trying to poke around in there to find it, I hit "open with" and most definitely hit that choice, even though I thought I had backed out of there, didn't want to bork things.  So now Clean Installer isn't picking any of them up.  Yes, I can fuck up just about anything.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 May 27, 01:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right click, choose "open with", and select the last option, "choose program..."  Select the Clean Installer from the list of programs, and check the box that says "Always open with this program".  This may not work if you have Vista; I use XP.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 May 27, 09:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't want to associate DBPF package files with Clean Installer; just Sims2Packs. But you don't actually need to have Clean Installer associated with anything to make it browse a folder. Just open Clean Installer and browse to the folder manually.
LeaveMeAlone
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 May 28, 01:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample and BastDawn, can't thank you enough.  The house wasn't in my current game's LotCatalog folder, but I did find it in the backup that I made prior to uninstalling M&G.  Copied it over and it's there, thanks again for the advice and pointing me in the right direction with it, much appreciated!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: