More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:39:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  If EA releases another party pack what would it have to have for you to buy it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: If EA releases another party pack what would it have to have for you to buy it?  (Read 49801 times)
Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: If EA releases another party pack what would it have to have for you to buy it?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 25, 19:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me to purchase a booster pack it would have to be at least 125 objects for around $10.  If they released an objects only pack within that frame, I would be happy to purchase it.  I love the items that the community makes and I do have a slight downloading addiction because of that, but I find that my downloads folder fills up too quickly and it slows down my game.  I also love building and uploading lots which means that I avoid putting community made objects in it, which again limits me on what I can include.  That means the more Maxis made objects I have available the better.

I would be super excited to see various themed furniture.  I'm not a fan of contemporary furniture for the most part; I love mission and craftsmen style.  I love the idea of more medieval furniture as well as Victorian.  They could even do a series of themed object boosters and folks could pick and choose the themes they find appealing.

I would love to see more gardening features as well.  Both indoor and outdoor.  As far as more interactions etc., I would be content if they left those to be included only in full expansion packs but I wouldn't be against their inclusion in a booster.

As for clothing, I probably wouldn't purchase a booster pack just for that.  But I do look forward to seeing new meshes in the eps.  And I agree, they really need to step up to the plate in terms of men's items and hair.

I will not buy anything that is available exclusively online at EA. 

As for the Holiday pack specifically, I have no interest in holidays in my game.  I don't keep a calendar in game, I don't have my game reflect what is happening in "real life", I didn't bother with the free holiday Maxis.  I'm just not interested.  In fact, I'm disappointed that Maxis would come this close to religion in the game (and yes, I know the items are not specifically religious in nature).  I would prefer they leave that to the modding community and stay on the non-exclusionary, all inclusive line they have been walking up to this point.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: If EA releases another party pack what would it have to have for you to buy it?
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 25, 19:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely need more interactions and  things for kids......also need more expensive stuff, some of my sims are SO rich they wouold have to buy tons of crap to even make a dent. I want them to have it all but also not have as much cash...maybe i should let a few generations not workl....now theres an idea.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: If EA releases another party pack what would it have to have for you to buy
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 25, 19:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the University and NL stuff is a little less dull, but then a lot of that they took to the other extreme and made totally tacky.

I kept hearing how there would be great new clothing options in NL, especially attractive jeans for women. I buy NL and finally see these supposedly attractive jeans--the waistline is practically up to the sim's neck, they're at least 2 sizes too big and look vaguely like bellbottoms. I was hoping for low-rise, fitted jeans, not something my mum probably wore when she was 18. Undecided

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 25, 19:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely go for any sort of men's pack. I also agree that males are very neglected when it comes to custom content. I'm VERY picky about what women's stuff I download because there is so much of it, but I am far less so about men's stuff just because there really isn't much out there to begin with.

This is a huge annoyance to me, as well. I don't know why all the men and boys have to wear sandals and cowboy boots. I personally hate them in the game. If I find any custom outfits for guys that do not have sandals or cowboy boots, I download them.  I'm on an anti-ugly-footwear kick right now. None of my male sims wear boots or sandals. Not a one.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 25, 19:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the University and NL stuff is a little less dull, but then a lot of that they took to the other extreme and made totally tacky.

I kept hearing how there would be great new clothing options in NL, especially attractive jeans for women. I buy NL and finally see these supposedly attractive jeans--the waistline is practically up to the sim's neck, they're at least 2 sizes too big and look vaguely like bellbottoms. I was hoping for low-rise, fitted jeans, not something my mum probably wore when she was 18. Undecided

Gotta love those fluorescent ski-jacket things, too. Way cool  Tongue.
kasumiarmstrong
Asinine Airhead

moof

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 25, 19:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd probably buy it if they added the body modification options they have in bodyshop in CAS.  And maybe a caterer, and maybe some expensive maid or that stays home with the famiy. Some more objects that go beyond wallpaper and floortiles would be nice. 

And as so many others, more turn ons and turn offs.

Sun Ce: Father, let me have the meatbun!
Sun Jian: This shall be your first meatbun.  I shall expect good things.
Sun Jian to Huang Gai: Take care of him.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 25, 20:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: classical vs modern furniture

Though in some houses I occasionally go for modern, I tend to prefer classical furniture by find nearly all of the custom furniture out there to be modern.

re: low rise vs high rise jeans

I'm sorry, but I am sick to death of 99.99999999% of custom pants hanging all the way down off a sims ass (and thereby not lining up with a good portion of shirts available). And this do this for mean as well as women. I'm not 15, I know what a belt is and I know how to use it.  Tongue Sorry, all those low riders is just a pet peeve of mine.

Which brings me to the point that the community it just horrible about variation. We have 100 variations of the same modern chair, 400 variations of the same low rider pants and 8 versions of every dress Paris Hilton ever wore.  Roll Eyes Maybe booster packs around a theme aren't such a bad idea after all as long as it's not a hollywood and young hip female clothes or modern furniture theme, we've got enough of that already.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 25, 20:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

re: classical vs modern furniture

Though in some houses I occasionally go for modern, I tend to prefer classical furniture by find nearly all of the custom furniture out there to be modern.

re: low rise vs high rise jeans

I'm sorry, but I am sick to death of 99.99999999% of custom pants hanging all the way down off a sims ass (and thereby not lining up with a good portion of shirts available). And this do this for mean as well as women. I'm not 15, I know what a belt is and I know how to use it.  Tongue Sorry, all those low riders is just a pet peeve of mine.

Which brings me to the point that the community it just horrible about variation. We have 100 variations of the same modern chair, 400 variations of the same low rider pants and 8 versions of every dress Paris Hilton ever wore.  Roll Eyes Maybe booster packs around a theme aren't such a bad idea after all as long as it's not a hollywood and young hip female clothes or modern furniture theme, we've got enough of that already.  Tongue

I second all of the above!! Grin
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 25, 20:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of things that might spark my interest and one could possibly be a pack with hair and clothing.  HOWEVER, not the trendy crap they're always releasing!

I noticed this way back in TS1.  They made all of these trendy clothes.  Now my first problem with that is that I can't stand trendy clothes.  Most are just ridiculous designs made to grab people's attention for the short-term to keep them buying new clothes.  If it is a style I like it doesn't matter whether it's in or out, my sims will wear it.  About 90% of the in-game clothing in TS1 just wasted space on my hard-drive and the same holds true for TS2.  Sometimes there are meshes with great potential so I always try to look beyond the skins and do something tasteful with those but I'd much rather have classic designs that look nice, no matter what.  At any rate, in order for me to feel it would be worth the money (say $20 US), the pack would need to include at least a couple of CLASSIC clothing meshes for each age group and at least 5 hairstyles per gender.

Honestly, I'm still wondering what good those little 'suits' for the toddlers that came in NL are.  The only thing they've done in my game is encouraged me to quickly buy something ELSE for a toddler that age transitions in one.  (Pink suit on little boy toddler?  Give me a break already!)

At any rate, another thing that I would consider is a pack that includes landscaping objects, not only trees, but things like rocks, climbing vines and what not.  I'd only buy it, though, if it included at least 100 of said objects and that doesn't include the re-colors. Wink

Overall (Christmas pack aside that'll also be included in upcoming versions of stand-alone TS2), I don't think the Bonus Packs are a bad idea.  I do, however, think Maxis is offering too little for the price.  When you consider what an expansion pack contains (a couple hundred objects AND completely new features and neighborhoods) and that it costs roughly $30 US, $20 for 80 or so objects is a rip-off.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 25, 20:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pink suit on little boy toddler?  Give me a break already!

When my toddler transitioned into that thing, I really really thought "uh oh, I thought it was a baby boy, but it's really a baby girl" - LOL. Yep, cannot figure out why they thought a pink tux would be good as everyday clothes for a toddler.

And yes, I agree about the custom pants meshes that don't work with any top (I can't even find the tops they're supposed to go with, if there were any). I've got some rather nice male flares I picked up somewhere, but they're too low and I cannot find a single shirt of any kind that looks decent with them - pooh, I don't have that much good male stuff either.

Agree with everybody else about the men's pack and themed packs as well. And also the money issue - I think the EPs are pretty high (some games don't cost that much) but I get a lot of play value out of the sims so I don't mind too much, but I'm not paying another $20 for bonus packs unless they're really something I want and a good deal of it. (and I'm not paying another $15 for the base game, period :p)

Unsouper
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 25, 21:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same!

If I want to see bottoms hanging out of pants - well, I'll just go to school and look at the way the boys dress...  if I want to see bare midriffs I just need to step into a shopping centre...  Maybe this is just showing my age, but I'm so sick of today's teens all wearing the same styles without a thought to what style/colour suits them - gah!

Ever seen a bunch of teenage girls out - they will all wear the same clothes!  same styles, same colour - and even the fat ones will put on the ultra low-rise hipsters and the cute little midriff top...  and then the whole world has to look at the massive expanse of pale belly wobbling and jiggling with every step - ack!  And yet, they whinge and grumble about having to wear a school uniform when they all go out looking the same anyway!  (Note:  I'm a teacher in Australia - uniforms are compulsory everywhere)

I know that the vast majority of computer game consumers out there are much younger, but even at 30 I'm relatively young in the sims community - I was really pleased with the new nightlife jeans, and the 50s clothes for women, but I am still really bummed about the state of the men's and kids clothing - it's got to the stage that I will only start downloading skins from a site if they have decent mens clothing - that's the first thing I check!  If they are just another ultra-trendy-female-only site then I'm really not interested, not at all!

although, I'm really starting to think that all the things we are mentioning belong in a full-blown expansion pack - and when they are pumping them out every 6 months it starts to get silly...  if the expansion packs were slowed down, done properly and released without killer bugs, then the booster packs would become a lot more appealing...  as it is, who wants to bet that the holiday items will eventually be included in a coming expansion pack?
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 25, 21:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the hair and clothing.  Need more classical styles, ones that stand the test of time.  Would like to see things like plain shirts, skirts and pants, things that can be recolored without a lot of changing to the base.  Since we have Body Shop and Homecrafter, it seems like they should offer more "plain" stuff that we can add whatever colors or patterns we want to without a lot of extra work getting rid of whatever pattern or decoration they decided to put on.

I'd also like to see more variety in landscaping items.  I'm tired of the same flowers, trees and bushes.  And fences.

How about different stairs? Or doors and windows?  I have houses I'd like to recreate that use doors and windows that aren't available in the game.

I'd really like to do an ancient Egyptian theme or a moon base theme.  One end of the spectrum to another, I guess!  My poor astronauts ought to be able to set up a moon colony or a space station and live there!

And I don't buy games online.  I want to look at the box and get a good idea of whether the game has enough that appeals to me.  And if I buy it, decide I don't like it, and want to return it, it's a lot easier to just run it back to the store than to hassle with sending it back.  I'm not a big internet freak.  In fact, I've spent more time on this board in the last few months than I've spent doing anything on the internet in the last five years!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 25, 21:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you Misty about the modern stuff. I don't mind a few modern things if they aren't too over the top, but they really do take it too far. That post-modern anime ninja tramp outfit has got to be one of the least versatile clothing meshes I have ever seen. It looks like something you'd see at some ridiculous avant garde fashion show whose goal is the display the least practical clothing as possible.

I've been to a number of clubs in cities in the US, Europe and Japan and I've never seen anyone where anything even close to that.

hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 25, 21:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but I am sick to death of 99.99999999% of custom pants hanging all the way down off a sims ass (and thereby not lining up with a good portion of shirts available).

No no no, that's not what I meant. I mean a waistline only slightly below the navel--providing complete arse coverage. Tongue

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 25, 21:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL okay. As long as they keep it covered up because crack is whack.  Cool

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 25, 21:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of things that might spark my interest and one could possibly be a pack with hair and clothing.  HOWEVER, not the trendy crap they're always releasing!
it would definitely spark my interest to have a pack with classic clothing and hair.somehow though I doubt EA Games even listens to us :Premember before nightlife alot of us were asking for realistic visits with other sims ie take your children/toddlers/babies with you ,walk to the neighbors house etc... the only thing we got was cars  and dates  I also remeber people asking for more interactions with children,toddlers and babies  ie mom sits down to feed the baby. and more items for children and toddlers  to do or play with we got new out fits for toddlers instead. we asked for realistic parties like baby showers no response from Maxis we asked for weather  . its still sunny and warm in all my neighborhoods.I recall on the BBS  there were numerous posts asking for more realism in the game . we got the gypsy whom you have to pay for a blind date UMMM hello in real life blind dates are usually a friend of a friend that your friend set up for you but all this is just my opinion and 2 cents any way

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 25, 21:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the female clothes are concerned, I don't want my female family sims walking around in baby tees and daisy dukes with stilettos. But it's not easy finding much else. Of course Maxis offers its brown and orange frumpy sweaters, to wear with a gray knee-length wool skirt, but I'd like something a little less dorky and a tad more fashionable than that.
And with my teen boys, the jeans are too low, the shirts are too short. Nearly impossible to put a decent outfit together with that combo.
And did I mention I hate the cowboy boots and sandals???
And why can the guys not wear a pair of normal shorts, with normal socks (not ankle-length socks or knee-length) with a decent looking shirt. Like real guys wear. Not everything has to be plaid!
I'm also not crazy about the new female hairstyle that looks like a big braided bow on the back of the head. I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely resembling that in real life.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 25, 21:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we got the gypsy whom you have to pay for a blind date UMMM hello in real life blind dates are usually a friend of a friend that your friend set up for you but all this is just my opinion and 2 cents any way

Never mind the fact that in real life blind dates are not set up by a neighborhood gypsy...
Hmmmm...paying for a blind date sounds a lot like an escort service if you ask me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 25, 21:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also not crazy about the new female hairstyle that looks like a big braided bow on the back of the head. I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely resembling that in real life

Yes that would be the accompanying and equally impractical hairstyle for the post-modern anime ninja tramp outfit I mentioned above lol.

I agree that there's way too high of a percentage of custom content that's hoochie stuff too. There are a few rare times where I may want a particular sim to look all hooched up, but I don't want a town of Barbie sluts thank you.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 25, 21:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as the female clothes are concerned, I don't want my female family sims walking around in baby tees and daisy dukes with stilettos. But it's not easy finding much else. Of course Maxis offers its brown and orange frumpy sweaters, to wear with a gray knee-length wool skirt, but I'd like something a little less dorky and a tad more fashionable than that.
And with my teen boys, the jeans are too low, the shirts are too short. Nearly impossible to put a decent outfit together with that combo.
And did I mention I hate the cowboy boots and sandals???
And why can the guys not wear a pair of normal shorts, with normal socks (not ankle-length socks or knee-length) with a decent looking shirt. Like real guys wear. Not everything has to be plaid!
I'm also not crazy about the new female hairstyle that looks like a big braided bow on the back of the head. I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely resembling that in real life.

Maxis has no taste when it comes to clothes or decor. its no wonder my Download file is 746 MB just trying to have better clothes and decor . not to mention hairstyles and make up

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 25, 21:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like most people, I want more turn on/offs, but on its own that wouldn't be enough.  If they can't add it to an expansion, I'd like to see them release a "Middle-Age Bonus Pack" so those of us who want it can have our middle-age lifespan and all the things that go with it (such as the chance to go to Uni if it was missed, or just to go back and get a higher degree, something extra to be gained by starting a new career, risking all by giving up a secure job to go it alone ... come to think of it, this could easily be incorporated into the next planned expansion).  I'd also like to see a "Uni bonus pack" whereby LTW's for the Uni careers would come up (that really bugs me) and turn on/offs would add "zombie" (which probably isn't there because it goes with Uni) and that sort of thing.

As for a holiday pack, I can't think of anything I'd want less.  I never go on holiday and have no desire to.  I'd need a holiday to recover from the holiday if I had one.  And what on earth is the point of paying all that for a holiday pack that covers just one day in the year?  Can't see the point.  It would have to have some amazing new interactions or something before I'd even consider it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 25, 22:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as many people have speculated before, I'm guessing the only worthwhile new interaction will be of children and toddlers sitting on the adults laps.
I'll bet there'll be a mistleloe kiss, too.
Now, if there were some new animations, like getting drunk at the office Christmas party, I'd be all for it! Spike the eggnog, Maxis! Spike the eggnog!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 25, 22:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely find anything for men that doesn't have some "cool" company logo slapped onto it.

Yup.  Another untucked striped long-sleeve shirt. Another T-shirt with some video game, athletic company, etc..... SNORE!!!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 25, 22:42:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely need more interactions and  things for kids......also need more expensive stuff, some of my sims are SO rich they wouold have to buy tons of crap to even make a dent. I want them to have it all but also not have as much cash...maybe i should let a few generations not workl....now theres an idea.

I've really gotta ding wall-and-floor custom designers for helping that along.  It's a bit distressing when they turn out, say, a beautiful solid wood floor design and price it at $1 per tile when typical bland Maxis carpeting is $3-5 dollars and their nice wood flooring is in the $10-$16 per tile range.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 25, 22:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also not crazy about the new female hairstyle that looks like a big braided bow on the back of the head. I don't think I've ever seen anything even remotely resembling that in real life

Yes that would be the accompanying and equally impractical hairstyle for the post-modern anime ninja tramp outfit I mentioned above lol.

I agree that there's way too high of a percentage of custom content that's hoochie stuff too. There are a few rare times where I may want a particular sim to look all hooched up, but I don't want a town of Barbie sluts thank you.

Geez, there's an idea for a community challenge.  Come up with a "Valley of the Barbie/Ninja/Anime Tramps" town were every woman wears the gaudiest fashion outfits people can find along with heavy makeup and high fashion hair.  For constrast, every male in town must be forced to wear t-shirts, shorts and sandals.

Then again... maybe that really isn't a challenge per se.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: