More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 01:12:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for Elderly Mod.....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for Elderly Mod.....  (Read 11173 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Looking for Elderly Mod.....
« on: 2005 October 31, 04:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen out and about in the Sims 2 community a mod to make the elderly people in the Sims 2 have a normal body shape. Apparently there is a website dedicated to Elderly sims. Does anyone know where it is?

Cheers
Stormy

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Looking for Elderly Mod.....
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 31, 05:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm working on one now. I guess I can share it if you want. I sort of wanted to go back and change some more stuff like recategorize some stuff (making the sweat pant and top outfit for workout too etc) but for now it does work and makes all the Maxis adult stuff appear buyable, in the CAS and bodyshop for elders.

I haven't done the Uni or NL stuff yet but I plan to.

Consider it sort of beta in that I may change or add some things and update it soon, but it should work okay. It has been in my game. The nice thing about it too is if you have this file in your downloads folder when you use the bodyshop and make new clothing based on the Maxis adult clothes then it will automatically also be set for A, YA & E.

It doesn't include any mesh or texture files at all and it doesn't change any of the game's base installed file. To get rid of it and put things back to the way they were just delete the file.

*edit: the file has been updated and reposted, please get it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1243.0
« Last Edit: 2005 November 01, 17:47:30 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 31, 05:08:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks Motoki. I will give it ago. I just hate how because they are elderly they have to have a sagging chest and big hips.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 31, 05:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds good, Motoki - I'm going to give it a go.  Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 31, 05:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know if you guys run into any problems or weirdnesses. Hopefully you shouldn't but if you do definitely give me a shout.

Also, I went through and just made EVERYTHING Adult that came with the base game available for Adults, Young Adults and Elders so some stuff might not be entirely appropriate for Elders like trampy or youngish looking clothes lol. Wink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 31, 05:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is most awesome. Thanks for sharing!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 31, 05:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that won't suit my entire neighbourhood of trampy, skanky elders, so I think I will pass on your recommendation.  Wink

Just kidding.  I will let you know if I run into any problems.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 31, 05:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if our age shows in the clothes that our sims wear...

I am no spring chicken and I never have my uni sims dressed in the baggy jeans and basketball tops. They are always dressed preppy like and never do my sims wear baseball style caps!

Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 31, 05:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for sharing this. I'll give it a try one of these days when I get around to turning the game back on. A mod like this is long overdue.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 31, 05:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm young but I'm a pretty "conservative" dresser. Which means I don't wear tank tops or bikinis or stuff like that. I wear long pants and long sleeved shirts.

That's about the only way I am "conservative" though. Cheesy every other way I'm a flaming radical Cheesy
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 31, 05:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was just something that I noticed when reading a thread by Byrnne. I'm not sure how old this person is but their sims where wearing all the cool stuff and caps. I then realised that I dress my sims so conservately and wondered if other people were the same.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 31, 08:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, thank you so much for this! I will test it out tomorrow...

My sims wear many different styles depending on their personality, age, and aspiration. I like variety... Except, I hate the "gangsta" look. Shirts aren't supposed to be nearly down to your knees, and pants aren't supposed to be hanging off your backside. Also, I don't like tramp make-up or clothing. Leopard print is just yucky no matter which way you look at it. Like that leopard print dress with knee-high boots? Atrocious! As for myself personally, I wear pretty casual but nice looking stuff. No hawaii-print shirts for me, never.

I'm bored, so I'm going to give you guys a little tour. Plus, it's always fun to see other people's sims, right? Maybe some of you will join in with your own examples. *hint hint* I constantly wonder what other people's sims look like.  Smiley

Top Left = Meiko, Pleasure sim, Libra, Artist
Top Right = Cerise, Family sim, Aquarius, Culinary
Bottom Left = Michael, Family sim, Aquarius, Stay-at-Home Dad
Bottom Right = Wyatt, Knowledge sim, Capricorn, Paranormal

Useless note: Michael and Wyatt are married.Wyatt is a vampire, but Michael is living... Interesting scenario to say the least... It's also plainly clear that I don't have an aversion towards Maxis' clothes.

Edit: Oh! And the girl in my avatar right now? That's their only child, also shown as a baby with Michael...

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 31, 09:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank-you, Motoki-san. Smiley
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 31, 09:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki! I have been looking for something like this (without realising this is what I was looking for-LOL)  Grin

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 31, 12:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. This has the great potential for making me all goosey with happiness...

The nice thing about it too is if you have this file in your downloads folder when you use the bodyshop and make new clothing based on the Maxis adult clothes then it will automatically also be set for A, YA & E.

Two questions before I try this out, and if they're answered in a README, just say so.  Wink

1) If I make skins for download with this installed, will the downloader also need this in order to use my Adult-based Elder skins made with it?

2) If the answer is no, that those Elder skins will be available without this mod installed, then let me know how you want to be credited and slobbered over on the download page! Link here? Elsewhere?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 31, 12:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I was too lazy to do a readme. Wink Actually, there's still some other stuff I want to change and I just haven't been finding the time and inclination to do it so when DarkStormEye asked I figured screw it I'll just release what I have for now, it still works.

Anyhow, basically to be all technical what it does is change the property set on the adult clothes from an age flag of 8 (just adult) to 58. You can do the same thing manually with the tutorial by Faeriegurl here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52437

The bodyshop will leave the age categories alone when it clones the original for your new outfit. So if it's set Adult & Young Adult, it keeps it that way etc.

Anyhow, to directly answer your questions, if you make skins with this installed and distribute them the downloader will not need this file and your skin will still be available for Adult, Young Adult and Elder. But it doesn't do anything at all to custom content and I haven't messed with the expansion clothes yet either so for now it's basically only if you have this file in your downloads and make a new outfit based on any original Maxis adult clothes that came with the base game.

If you have outfits based on custom ones or Uni or NL and want to make the available for elders you can use the method in the tutorial or the clothing scanner in SimPE. If you run into trouble let me know and I can explain it in more detail. Smiley

Oh and you don't need to credit me, I didn't make anything, just changed one internal flag number in the game.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 31, 17:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I exported several adult outfits and modified them so they would be available for elders.  How will this affect those?  Do I still need them or will all those outfits now be available to elders with your mod in place?  I would love it if it worked that way because it was time consuming to export all those and modify each one.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 31, 17:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you exported the Maxis default clothes and then took that package file and made it available for elders you won't need it anymore. In fact, it will just take up extra space in your downloads folder and extra time to load the game since it's duplicating the texture files which can be large.

If you exported a custom outfit or exported a Maxis outfit but modified it yourself then you'll want to keep it because this file only changes Maxis defaults.

GloamingMerle
Corpulent Cretin

Just say "NO" to Womrats!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 01, 02:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I think I love you.. These are wonderful! I'm always so frustrated by how cliche the elder clothes look, not to mention the fact that they have a pooch (fat stomach) even if they're 'fit'... You are truly among the awesome.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 01, 12:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyhow, basically to be all technical what it does is change the property set on the adult clothes from an age flag of 8 (just adult) to 58. You can do the same thing manually with the tutorial by Faeriegurl here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=52437

Thank you for that link! I hadn't seen that before. Between the tutorial, and your advice to change the code to "58," I finally understand! (I'm mathmatically challenged these days.)

I changed the code manually on some of my own skins, and plan to expand all of my Adult/YA skins to work with Elders, eventually. Only the full-body skins, though...I learned in the process that tops and bottoms don't translate well.  Wink They're OK if you combine Adult-based Elder components, but putting an altered top with an Elder bottom, or vice versa, leaves an obvious and annoying gap in the middle.

Your little mod is coming in mighty handy as I make Christmas formals. For most of them (I am using a couple of custom and EP meshes, but at least now I know how to change the code), no effort is required on my part to extend them to Elders, and for that, you get grateful credit.  Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 01, 12:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great, I look forward to your new outfits. Smiley

It would be nice if more people start doing this. I know DGandy at TSR already has been for a while. It just gives you so many more meshes to work with for the elders, plus if you are already making an outfit for adults anyhow, why not enable it for elders too?

Yes the tops and bottoms definitely do need to be either both adult meshes or both elder. Mixing and matching does not work so well. LOL I actually made a separate file for me that hides all the Maxis hunched over elder clothes so I don't have to worry about that. It doesn't effect NPCs or sims who already have the elder clothes but just removes them from buy mode. I'll probably release it at some point too as a totally separate, completely optional file because I know a lot of people will still want to use the regular elder meshes.

I'm actually updating some things with this file too to add more locked outfits (NPC outfits, the gamespot ign bonuses, pregnancy outfits etc) and to recategorize a few things. Mostly making a few more outfits like the sweats available for both everyday and workout. The workout selection has always been really pathetic and I'm not sure why because there's several other outfits in everyday that would work.

Anyway, I'll try to post it soon. Probably start a new thread so I don't hijack this one anymore. :O

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: