More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 15:35:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  social_debug cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: social_debug cheat  (Read 5802 times)
Malapietra
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
social_debug cheat
« on: 2009 March 01, 09:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this cheat even work?  I've seen it listed on sites that with social_debug - "You can tell what social reaction will happen before you do it."  I simply get an error message when I type it in.  I also noticed that there's a social_debug command under 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled' when you shift-click on a sim.  Is this supposed to do anything?

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: social_debug cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 01, 15:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me, you don't want.
That's a test social, the "super duper hug": if you enable it, all the sims in the lot will start to frantically hug each other continuously, with consequent relationship hits, and also they will not do pretty much anything else.
Then, chances are your lot will have that thing stuck forever, and you'll have to bulldoze the lot.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Bonzodog
Blathering Buffoon

ENFP- The Inspirer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 01, 15:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go through the stages used to enable allmenus on, then there is a cheat that lets you pick the outcome of a social, yes.

But like Marhis said, what you have is different and something you DO NOT WANT.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 01, 18:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, this explains a lot.

*wanders off to bulldoze some lots. 

Fraggin superduper hug.  WHY?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 01, 19:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, you could have it stuck in your lot also because some modder who made custom socials didn't change the fallback GUID in them, so if you remove the custom social you'll end with the super duper hug in all your neighborhood. In this way, you can also got it downloaded with some lot.

To avoid bulldozing, you might also enable debug mode, then choose to force error on everything off-lot. It will be a LONG process, with tons of windows to click on, but it works. Just click cancel or reset on everything except when the window reports the "Social - Debug": click delete, the end.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 01, 20:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this method and did not receive an error message for social-debug.  Everyone in the entire neighborhood has the super duper hug option in the social menu.  How exactly did this happen?  Did I click social debug accidentally and enable it?  I have not added any new hacks or downloaded any new lots.  Just magically, one day...the option appeared.  Of course I had to click it.
I really, really want it to go away now.  It has become my new obsession.  I also want my one sim to STOP HUGGING EVERYONE.  He is the most hated sim in the neighborhood because of this insatiable urge to throw his arms around everyone he sees.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 02, 00:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew there was one! Found: Black_Spirit at MTS2 made a fix (he made that mistake in one of his hacks, once). Put the LBFRemovesocial file in your DL folder and load every lot, keeping them running for a bit. This should solve the issue once and for all.

------
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 02, 15:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Marhis, I am so happy I could hug you...but really, I just got rid of all that hooha.  The fix worked like a charm, though I must admit I thought you were messing with me a bit when I clicked a link about vampires and ghouls.  I still can not determine where I picked up the hug.  The only difference in my game is that I installed and PATCHED every EP when I transferred the game to this computer.  I am not sure which EPs had been patched on the old computer.  I know there were a couple that were not patched.  So I am thinking that a patch did something somewhere to enable this super duper stupid behavior.
You have my thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: