More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:17:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lot/neighborhood seasonal anachronism
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot/neighborhood seasonal anachronism  (Read 12261 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Lot/neighborhood seasonal anachronism
« on: 2008 June 23, 18:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it supposed to happen that one lot can be in winter and another lot in the same neighborhood can be in summer?  I never really played with any one lot long enough to notice this before.  it does this even when I pull my d/l folder, so it's not the work of the non-awesome unless tight pants has borken the entire game.  I was thinking that all lots should at least maintain the same season, even if they are not played rotationally.  Is this not how it works?  I know, I need to be less STUPI and all that.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Lot/neighborhood seasonal anachronism
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 23, 19:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Season timers are indeed on a lot-by-lot basis.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 23, 19:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so it's a "feature"  Makes sense.   Roll Eyes  So, I can have my sim leave their home in the dead of winter and arrive at a comm lot where it's summer.  Sure.  Whatev.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 23, 19:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But wouldn't it be equally stupid to play a lot through a season, and then load up another family who wouldn't have aged at all, yet skipped from winter to summer?  TS2 requires you to loosen your grip on the conventional sense of 'time'.  Cheesy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 23, 19:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever season it is in the lot you are playing is the season it is when your sims arrive at a community lot.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 23, 19:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever season it is in the lot you are playing is the season it is when your sims arrive at a community lot.

See, that makes sense to me.  Is how it works in my game too. 

cwieberdink: The "it's winter at home, but summer at the community pool" scenario makes no sense at all.  Something funny going on there.  I suspect one of the time hacks.

Tribulatio proxima est
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 23, 19:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Unless the community lot cwieberdink meant is in a subhood with a different seasons progression, possibly lacking winter at all?

Although he/she said "same neighborhood" so I don't know...

Dive in!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 23, 19:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even lots in subhoods keep the same weather as the lot you are currently playing.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 23, 20:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even lots in subhoods keep the same weather as the lot you are currently playing.
I think this produces comical results when it is snowing, and you go on vacation and find it is still snowing at Twikki.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 23, 20:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, not in the vacation hoods then-picky! Tongue

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 23, 20:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didn't know that (I've always had the same seasons rotation in every subhood so far) but it would be logical if it worked different for subhoods. They're supposed to be remote places so having different weather wouldn't be irrational. Then again, it's EAxis we're talking about, they probably need to spend more time stargazing with their telescopes, if that's gonna raise their logic skills.

Dive in!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 23, 21:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they keep the same season # when a sim moves across sub-hoods, which may not necessarily be the same season.  I have a 'residential waterfront' sub-hood that doesn't have a winter (it's set summer-autumn-autumn-spring) so if a sim in the main hood in season 2 (winter) goes to the public beach, he'll be in autumn there.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 23, 22:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just realised that after sending my sims to a downtown beach. The weather always seems to be raining and/or thundering if it is snowing on the home lot for a few minutes when the lot is loaded though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 23, 22:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I find if you send a sim on vacation while it rains, it will rain permanently through the entire vacation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 23, 22:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that when you send sim-me, so I get struck by lightning? Cheesy

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 23, 22:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is really interesting how it works (and no hacks in the game, pulled just to make sure)  but the entire 'hood looks like winter, yet all the lots but one show as "summer".  I wonder what causes the neighborhood view to show one season or another then?  The last lot played?  Like I said in my first post, I had never played a single lot for more than a few sim-days at a time, so I never noticed the "time shift" before.  But I got caught up in playing sim me, started in Spring, went through Fall, had some fun snowfall in Winter, then my game went asplode.  After fixing everything, reinstalling, etc.  I put in the backup game and that's when I noticed the time difference in other lots.  :shrugs:  oh well, it's okay, just a little weird to me.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 23, 22:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last lot played displays the neighbourhood weather.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 24, 02:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the fact that different households will be in different seasons.  It gives me some variety in my rotation.  I don't want to be playing a dozen lots in a row that are all snowing.

The last time I played Apocalypse I was not only playing the main lot, I was also playing the non-heirs who had lifted their restriction then moved out, and they were also still in permanent winter as that restriction hadn't been lifted.  I found that walkbys who had done enough walkbys would turn blue with cold, then fall over in the snow outside - apparently each time they walked by their temperature was lowered further and eventually they hit freezing point.  For me that's another good reason not to sync the seasons in all my households, particularly in a neighbourhood with a lot of households - by the end of a winter rotation I could risk some of my playables falling face down in the snow on a neighbour's lot.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 24, 11:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that when you send sim-me, so I get struck by lightning? Cheesy
No, that was just intermittent rain. But that's an excellent idea. I'm glad I thought of it! Death to Emma!

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 24, 14:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Smite' is always an option too Tongue

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 25, 08:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Smite' is always an option too Tongue

Smite is my shiny, new friend. Somehow, despite leaving his undesirable, EA ass in the sim bin (so getting an empty FT 'hood before I whomp up any new neighbourhoods), a Julien Cooke has managed to insert himself into my current 'hood and is occasionally brought home by my Celebrity Chef. Immediate smite. Though now I think about it, I may lure him into the hot tub until he's nice and Needish and see if I can smite him dead. That would please me.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 25, 13:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you stack up 3 or 4 smites in a row, that's usually enough to kill a sim, too.  Only works if the sim is far away from the portal though, and doesn't have time to run away between smites.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 25, 16:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly, once I've smited/smote/smitten him he no longer appears on the list of eligible smite-ees. I'd be thrilled to treat him to a three-fer and be done with him.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 25, 16:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably because after the first smite he's gotten the command to 'run away!' Smiley  That's why you have to stack the commands before the first strike hits.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 25, 18:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You-reek-ah! Mmm, can't wait for his punk ass to show up now. Thanks muchly.  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: