More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 05:13:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims Medieval Crash
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims Medieval Crash  (Read 5549 times)
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Sims Medieval Crash
« on: 2011 August 31, 14:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what happened: I installed the latest patch yesterday, then played the game without any issue. Happy that the patch didn't seem to have broken anything, I tried to create a .bat to limit fps (because it exceeded 150, let alone 30 or 60), and found that I could not (i.e., the .bat would not appear, and an adapted ts3 .bat would fail to start the game, with an error.). I found, by searching google, that my error (13003) was securom specific, therefore, I went ahead and used the reclaimyourgame tutorial in order to get rid of the new version of securom (or whatever they've named it this time). I believe it (the new version of securom) was malicious because the sony securom uninstaller actually detected a securom component on my PC, and because it threw a securom specific error.
After this, I restarted my PC, cracked my game (attempting to play with the original exe made the game throw the 13003 error), and tried to play. at this point, I clicked to skip the intro and passed on to the loading screen. It asked to go online, to which I said no. Now, every time I try to play, the loading bar becomes completely green, and then my game CTDs, with no explanation. Since this started only after I uninstalled the securom thingy, I assume it has to do with that, and the fact that I did not let the game go online.
Has anyone run into this error?

Because I know people will wonder, my bat reads thus:

start D:\"Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\FPS_Limiter_0.2\"FPS_Limiter.exe /r:D3D9 /f:60 /x:OFF /l:OFF "D:\Electronic Arts\The Sims Medieval\Game\Bin\TSM.exe
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Sims Medieval Crash
« Reply #1 on: 2011 August 31, 15:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a no cd mod for medieval you know. The FPS limiter also works with Medieval too. These two might make things easier for you.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 September 01, 07:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a no cd mod for medieval you know. The FPS limiter also works with Medieval too. These two might make things easier for you.

I know FPS limiter works, because I have been using it since I started playing the game. I've only been having this problem since I installed the latest patch. Besides, I fail to see a difference between an older, but modified to suit medieval .bat, and one generated by the limiter, if the .bat is modified properly, and placed in the FPS limiter's folder.
You imply that I should use a mod instead of a crack. Yes, I would do that, but, since, as I have said, using the original exe results in an error, I have little choice. To be more specific, using the original exe only results in an error after I uninstall the new securom version, otherwise the game launches just fine. Point is, I DNW securom, thanks, so that's out of the question.

Is my only option not patching?

ETA: This is what the P&N EULA has to say about Sony's Securom incarnations:

By installing this Software, any Sony SecuROM content protection technology that protected your base game software will be removed and replaced by Content Activation content protection technology by Sony DADC Austria AG.  The Content Activation software will ensure that any of your five remaining SecuROM machine licenses associated with your base game software are available for use on other machines and your rights to use and authenticate your base game software should otherwise be unaffected.   You can still manage your authorizations yourself by following the de-authorization instructions found at http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/.
I don't trust them. Can anyone hazard an opinion on whether this can be allowed to exist on my/any PC?

ETA2:
http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/threads/4978-Warning-EA-has-introduced-SecuROM-to-TSM-in-a-patch-%28apparently%29
So, no, it's not safe and should be killed with fire.

About  the game, with crack installed, TSM P&N loads just fine. FPS limited too, since I managed to fix that. You have to make sure the .jar file is not associated by default with an application other than Java. Open with will not do, eet wants default association.
Now, when I tried to remove securom last time, it broke my game, as mentioned above, so I'm not looking forward to retrying that method... On the other hand, I can't really play the game as it is, either.

ETA3: After registry and hard drive searching, I can say this: Using a crack prevents securom from installing. Never use the original exe and you should be fine. Create firewall rule too, you never know. Installing P&N fixed whatever was wrong with the game originally. I must have wanted to check if the game ran after patching without a crack originally, and could do that because I had a miniimage in daemon tools, and that's how securom got there in the first place.
It seems to work now (without securom), and it's not going online in any case, but TSM is probably not the only game to get securom-adding patches, so check whatever other EA (and not only, probably) games you play too.

TL;DR: Always use a crack with TSM, at least from version 2.0.13 onwards. If securom was evil enough to warrant suing EA, you don't want it on your PC.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 01, 11:09:03 by Naiad » Logged
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 September 01, 18:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lesson here: EA is either evil or completely stupid.  Most likely both.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: