More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:46:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife  (Read 23528 times)
Zyrcona
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife
« on: 2005 September 14, 18:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received Nightlife early (Play.com) and am glad it's not shite like University. There are several nice objects and walls/floors (and the Grilled Cheese aspiration rocks), although the lack of and quality of hairstyles still stink. None of my hacks work any more -- not they conflict with the game, the game just ignores them regardless of whether Custom Content is set to on or off. So I'm back to square one with sims autonomously reading books, molesting babies, and no manual navigation. The only things that seem to work are recolours of objects and Bodyshop edited stuff. I think this is really disrespectful of Maxis, after good people like Pescado and TwoJeffs have spent time making hacks to fix the issues that they are too stupid and lazy to fix, to make an ep that negates all the hacks and means they have to remake them. That's just obnoxious and rude.

Also, the cars seem to be bugged. I got Loki Beaker to take his kids bowling, and he got into the driving seat and one of the kids got into the passenger seat, and then he got out and locked it and waved at her. The car was unselectable until I exited to the neighbourhood and came back, and then I managed to get him and the other child into the car and to drive off. At the community area the first child was missing, and upon return to the house was not recovered. The child was still missing after exiting and reloading (the thumbnail was still there but right clicking on it produced no result, and commands to interact with other objects dropped from the queue). I can only assume that the child has ceased to exist as a physical object and is stuck in limbo, where she will presumably starve to death if I continue to play this house. Okay, maybe this is what happens if you try to get three people in a sports car, but then the game shouldn't let you put three people in a sports car.

The new expansion pack also introduces several bugs that University introduced. Having removed University as a result of being sick of the enormous bloated turd of a bug it was (if this had ended up on my computer without me paying for it, I would have called it a virus) and the way it clogged up want slots with useless influence wants and wishes to buy gadgets and musical instruments in order to incessantly busk in their own houses, this is annoying. The problem with random stuff being added to the wardrobe on age transition has been reintroduced and that loathsome Prank interaction which no hacks seemed to be able to fix is back.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Rant: Hacks are ignored by Nightlife
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 14, 18:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having removed University as a result of being sick of the enormous bloated turd of a bug it was (if this had ended up on my computer without me paying for it, I would have called it a virus)

This caused me to laugh so violently that I think I have hurt myself. You will be hearing from my lawyers! Wink

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 14, 18:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been reports on this site made by others who have NL already and claim that many of their hacks are working fine. I do not know what the problem is in your game (I don't have NL yet and could not begin to guess what happened).

As for the mmissing child, maybe you could try Merola's Mind Control Mirror to check to see if s/he is somewhere on the lot, or Inge's Teleporter Plus to summon him/her (assuming these work with NL, I don't know).

Good Luck.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 14, 18:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thomas Riordan says he's been using the teleporter plus without problems.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 14, 18:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can select the missing child, you could also try teleporting her to the mailbox using the testingcheats code.  That usually seems to solve "missing sim" problems, but only if you are able to select her as an active character.

Just shift click on the mailbox and choose "teleport here" after typing in the code. Smiley

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Carrigon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 14, 20:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL yet, but I did read on one of the boards that if your hacks aren't working, take them out of the subfolders and put them directly into downloads and that should fix the ones that do work.  For some reason, hacks in subfolders aren't working for some people now with NL.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 14, 20:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have NL yet, but I did read on one of the boards that if your hacks aren't working, take them out of the subfolders and put them directly into downloads and that should fix the ones that do work.  For some reason, hacks in subfolders aren't working for some people now with NL.

Hacks in subfolders should work fine.  What's probably happening is the user is quitting the game, moving the files and restarting.  Restarting the game is what is doing it--if you change the option to enable/disable custom objects/hacks, you *need* to restart the game for it to take effect.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 14, 20:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arghhhh, There I threw to the trash 60$! If the hacks don't work, I can't install NL, period...Smiley. But if Carrigon and  Inge say that their hacks work (but they are objects, not fixes as nohomework, or nocheering) - perhaps JMP and TJ will overcome the obstacles.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 14, 21:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a post in Merola's forum that his mirror and painting still works...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 14, 22:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep telling it to enable my custom content but it doesn't somehow, hmm I guess I have to read up on all this and what hacks I can and can't use (and I BETTER be able too use no cheering for those kids with A+ Angry )

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 14, 22:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, you have to "restart" the game.  To me, "restart" means that you already have the game running, quit, then start it back up again.  So when you disable/enable, do you have to have the game running?  It's a little unclear.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 15, 00:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's unclear to me also, I had some hacks that were working but when I started the game up again, it said  to disable the maxi made objects, the fru fru lion and the cherub statue, so then when I started the game again, the hacked objects were missing and I downloaded the car that I got with my code and it never did show up in any folder.

I unistalled NL already, I can live without any hacks but JT's phone hack, that dam phone started ringing of the hook and I couldn't take it anymore.  I will reinstall it later, in a few weeks when everything is figured out.   Undecided
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 15, 00:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep telling it to enable my custom content but it doesn't somehow, hmm I guess I have to read up on all this and what hacks I can and can't use (and I BETTER be able too use no cheering for those kids with A+ Angry )

I remember reading on a SM's webpage (I forget which) that the eternal A+ dance will be fixed in NL, which will negate the need for the hack.  Did this turn out to be true, people who already have NL?

I'm picking up my copy this afternoon so I'll start looking into it tonight Smiley

<insert witty comment here>
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 15, 02:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, try quitting the game and re-loading - custom content seems to be not showing up for people the first time they run the game, even if it is in the right folder and enabled. Mine wasn't there when I first played, but I quit and loaded it back up and it was all there.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 15, 02:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, try quitting the game and re-loading - custom content seems to be not showing up for people the first time they run the game, even if it is in the right folder and enabled. Mine wasn't there when I first played, but I quit and loaded it back up and it was all there.

Yes, it is disabled by default on the first run (the informational text should indicate this)--it has to be enabled at that point and the game restarted.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 15, 02:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So even if it is disabled by default, should we still physically remove all hacks before installing?  Or will merely disabling them work just as well?

MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 15, 02:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So even if it is disabled by default, should we still physically remove all hacks before installing?  Or will merely disabling them work just as well?

It is a "safe mode" so that Nightlife runs the shipping code--the game will essentially run as if the files are not there.  I would recommend you remove the global/semiglobal hacks until there are Nightlife compatible ones.  Then you could re-enable custom content objects and have all your custom objects, compatible hacks, etc. back again.
LK
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 15, 02:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool--Thanks!

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 15, 03:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom: Can you PLEASE request that a turn the ringer off feature be added to the home and cell phones in some patch? I'm really tired of having to ditch the phone hack every time a new episode comes out and listen to that phone ringing off the hook and the cell waking up sleeping sims until J.M. can update the phone hack.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 15, 03:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki:  I second that!!!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 15, 03:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree 100% Motoki, I don't keep phones in the house now for that reason.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 15, 05:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom: Can you PLEASE request that a turn the ringer off feature be added to the home and cell phones in some patch? I'm really tired of having to ditch the phone hack every time a new episode comes out and listen to that phone ringing off the hook and the cell waking up sleeping sims until J.M. can update the phone hack.

A sim's cellphone going off when they are sleeping should be fixed.  However, another sim's cellphone may go off.

As for the ringer bit, that sounds like an interesting idea.  I can mention it, but I don't think we have the text budget  (localization for all languages) for it in the patch.  It also sounds like something that could cause problems if the user forgets that it is on.  Anyhow, I can mention it.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 15, 05:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure a 4th is redundant, but before the phone hack I would buy a phone if someone needed to make a call and delete it immediately afterwards.

Set ringer... call display (without a hack) would be an awesome addition too

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 15, 06:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great.  Have an option to turn off the ringer, but still display a Caller ID screen for the user so you can choose to have your sim answer or not.  If the cell phone could automatically be silenced when s/he is asleep, that would be good.  When two sims are sleeping in a bed and one's cell phone ring, it wakes up both of them, from what I recall (before JM's phone hack fixed that).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 15, 08:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure a 4th is redundant, but before the phone hack I would buy a phone if someone needed to make a call and delete it immediately afterwards.

I'm finding now they can stash phones in their inventory too. A cellphone in a sim's inventory will still go off, but a wall or desk phone won't. And you can take a cellphone out of your inventory and stash it on the ground somewhere, so when they are sleeping you can stick it out in the backyard or something lol.

Not quite as handy as a ringer off switch, but it's another alternative to selling a rebuying, which doesn't do any good for cellphones anyhow because if you sell the wall phone the cell will still go off.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: