More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:02:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Makeup?? Where do you get yours??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Makeup?? Where do you get yours??  (Read 13793 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Makeup?? Where do you get yours??
« on: 2006 March 29, 08:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

***Sigh***  I need makeup for my female sims. I just don't like the super dramatic makeup of some places. I like some of Helaene's but i am looking for more natural blending makeups. Expecially EyeShadows. Anyone know of any free sites?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Makeup?? Where do you get yours??
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 29, 08:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Lyran's stuff: www.lyran.net/ts2/
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 29, 08:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For natural make up, Helaene is still the best for lip gloss.
As for eye shadow, if you want natural ones, its better not to use any because natural eyeshadows aren't visible on the simmies.

Try this creator's creations from mts2. I use her stuff for all my females (hell, even males).

http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=177568

Go Away
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 29, 08:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well these are pretty well known sites so you probably already know them but I like Hairfish's and Lyran's place for subtle, non-harlot makeups.

Some of Sussi's aren't too bad either. She does have a lot of really made up looking sims, but she also has some eyeshadows that aren't too wild, some blushes that add a bit of a shine or glow and and some natural lip tones you can use for men even.

http://hairfish.com/mermaidcove/html/2cosmetics.html
http://www.lyran.net/ts2/
http://www.sussissogoodsims2.com/

Well looks like someone beat me to posting about Lyran. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ephraim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 29, 08:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the make-up from Rensim.  There isn't much there, though.   Sad
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 29, 08:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone for your help. Lyran's is diffenately more my style. I love flash on some sims but other i want to look more modest.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 29, 09:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan has some lovely makeup, skintones and eyes.

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 29, 16:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.rosesims2.net/  has some very nice makeup and pretty lipgloss. I don't like my girlies to look like a two-bit 'ho so have had to look around a lot for things that are subtle. I also think www.pronupsims.net/ is good for soft and subtle.

Meh...
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 29, 17:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I make pretty much all of my cosmetics.  I have weird issues with using stuff that Isn't Mine. 

That, and I don't really like the 'realistic' style that so many people insist on using.

Some of my makeup-that-isn't-by-me that I didn't end up jettisoning from my game came from http://www.snootysims.com .

About pronupsims - anyone notice that the site owner insists on using the same Sim over and over to model her stuff?  It's really startin' to creep me out.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 29, 18:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that a bit creepy too.  Nikki at TSR (http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Nikki041498) uses the same sim for all her clothing.  And it's obviously her self sim.  Except that her self-sim reminds me of some middle-aged soccer mom, and her clothes (and body) just doesn't fit her head. 
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 29, 19:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best natural eyeshadows come from the Asian sites - rosesims, simstv (although they don't update anymore), chinafan, etc.,etc. In Asian countries, heavily madeup = slutty and garish, and so natural makeup is the overall trend, hence the penchant for more natural makeups on those sites.

There are alot of creators who do it well, but dramatic eyeshadows are hit and miss, and the effect varies depending on the eye type.

The absolute best blushes for tan & medium tones come from thesimssi2, but they come w/ his sims instead of separately. He's made two with this natural, healthy glow that's neither too yellow nor too pink. I'm not sure which sims they came with, but these are my absolute favorite blushes of all time. For light tones helaene is still the best, but I haven't found a favorite for dark sims.

In lipstick, helaene is still the Queen. Her stuff ranges from natural to tinted to glossy to dramatic, and are still absolutely perfect in each and every style. Peggy Sims has great lipsticks for light skinned sims, but they're not so good for darker skintones. Simmetrical makes great lipsticks for darker skintones and are also great for shrinking jinormous lips. If you want to bring out full lips though, you should stay away from these. Conan21, a long time ago, also made a set of 4 lipsticks that can be found on TSR, and to this day they are one of my favorite sets. More recently, RatProductions has made a glossy lipstick set (her newest) that I'm very, very fond of, as they flatter most lip types and also most skintones.

Anyway, these have been my ingame observations from a folder of thousands of makeup CC. Hope this has been helpful, lol.  Cheesy
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 19:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care much for some of Heleane's lipstick (nor some of Louis' for the same reason) because at least the older ones were apparently made from photos (which is fine of course) and the (white) skin is included around it. So you can only use it for light skinned Sims. I've seen a lot of eyebrows that are the same way. I do have a few of Heleane's lips that I like but most I don't. I also don't like the eyeshadows that have the super-real and ultradefined eyelids and stuff, that just looks so freaky to me Shocked

Lyran is my fave makeup site for sure. I love Hairfish's "hint o'" lips for a natural look and for kids and men. The hint o' plum looks esp good on medium and dark skinned Sims.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 22:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care much for some of Heleane's lipstick (nor some of Louis' for the same reason) because at least the older ones were apparently made from photos (which is fine of course) and the (white) skin is included around it.

The newer Helaene ones work for all skintones. In fact, I think she stopped including the skin around it since a LONG time ago. Also, I like that her color is more subdued, meaning it doesn't clash with darker skintones.

Aside from the white areas, I don't like the shrinking effect Louis's lipsticks have, so I don't use them.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 22:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like some of Barcelonista's. You can find all of her stuff on MTS2, she has made quite a bit of it. It ranges from dramatic to barely there, and makes for a nice range in game. I also like *some* of sussi's lipsticks. Other than that, I have a bit of Helaene's, but I make a lot of my own.

You guys think using the same sim as a model all the time is creepy? Hmm. I have gotten into the habit of using one sim as a "model sim" for my stuff. Maybe I should stop doing that.
RMarques
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 29, 22:31:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Louis lipsticks, I think they make male's lips look more realistic (with the right skintone of course)... But heh, I don't use them all that often...
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 29, 22:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You guys think using the same sim as a model all the time is creepy? Hmm. I have gotten into the habit of using one sim as a "model sim" for my stuff. Maybe I should stop doing that.

I like your model sim. She's quite pretty. It's only when they're unattractive/slightly freaky that it gets weird, I guess. The same bunch of models appear in all high-fashion ads/shoots/shows, after all, but nobody thinks it's weird b/c they're just so pretty.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 30, 02:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: angelyne
I find that a bit creepy too.  Nikki at TSR (http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Nikki041498) uses the same sim for all her clothing.  And it's obviously her self sim.  Except that her self-sim reminds me of some middle-aged soccer mom, and her clothes (and body) just doesn't fit her head.
You know, I think there's just something wrong with using yourself to model everything you make... especially something titled 'Sweet and Sexy Bustiers." 

Quote from: liegenschonheit
Well... in my opinion, using the same Sim for everything makes you look like you're really obsessed with that particular Sim, which probably isn't a sign of mental stability. 

The Sim on pronupsims had an interesting face at first, but after the first dozen pages I was sick of looking at her.

-No offense to those of you who use 'realistic' type stuff meant, by the way.  In retrospect, I realize that my "That, and I don't really like the 'realistic' style that so many people insist on using" line sounds really rude.  Personally, I find that the 'realistic' style tends to look weird because it doesn't match the rest of the game's look.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 30, 02:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh angelyne you are too much. So mean. And I love it!  Grin

Seriously, that was the best laugh I've had all day.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 30, 02:46:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Asian countries, heavily madeup = slutty and garish, and so natural makeup is the overall trend, hence the penchant for more natural makeups on those sites.

Uh, maybe 50 years ago, maybe even 20 years ago, but not now. Not in some Asian countries anyhow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogal

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 30, 03:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I thought all women or rather most prefer natural make up. Wearing too much makes one looks slutty anyway Tongue

And I just wish to say that creators could consider having a few models instead of using the same one all the time.
Having the same old sim all the time may help create a trademark but sometimes certain clothes, hair blah blah just doesn't look good on that one sim! Tongue

Btw, does anyone like Chaz Design's model over at TSR? I think she looks real glam for a sim! but nope, I wouldn't want to play her.

Go Away
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 30, 03:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wearing too much makes one looks slutty anyway.
Definitely.  'Tis a pity Maxis is so inclined to putting dark coloring around the eyes on so many of the eyeshadows.  I've made a few colors that look a little more, eh, outgoing, but never to that extent.

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 30, 03:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I thought the Kogal and Ganguro girls were all gone now, and Para Para girls were out of fashion. Please don't tell me I'm wrong!

Those girls, they scare me... Give me Fruits or Gothic Lolitas any day over those creepy fake tans and white lips.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 30, 04:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind you, I haven't been there in years and have heard the trend has died down, but they still make Egg magazine with pictures of those girls in it so someone is still buying it.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 30, 05:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, maybe 50 years ago, maybe even 20 years ago, but not now. Not in some Asian countries anyhow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kogal

I fail to see how a trend in one country (one that's already passed, mind you) adopted by a portion of the population somehow means every other country in the same approximate region of the world is doing the same, or even that their fellow citizens are doing the same?

And anyways, Japan has always been the crazy one in terms of styles and the like. Everyone else is pretty subdued, makeup-wise anyway.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 30, 05:13:09 by idtaminger » Logged
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 30, 06:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. That is like saying every girl in California prefers the natural look. If you see the mainstream fashion spreads(and I don't mean thinks like Harajuku style or anything like that), Asian women are wearing just as much makeup (or as little) as western women, especially the "younger" fashions. I have noticed that in general they don't wear eye makeup quite the same way as we do, but that has to do with eye shape and what is flattering.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: