More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 23:39:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Petz crash-o-rama
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Petz crash-o-rama  (Read 2547 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Petz crash-o-rama
« on: 2008 April 11, 13:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At roughly the same time that I bought Free Time, I got a copy of OMG PETZ through Goozex.  I've finally started to explore that... but it's been a real crash fest.  I went to buy a cat from the pet store, and the game crashed when I went to customize the tail.  I reloaded the game, and verified that it crashes in CAS at the same point when creating a cat.  Even with custom content disabled.  Fine, I went through the motions again, this time avoiding the tail, and succeeded.  Only to have the game crash again when examining the collars in the purchase-collar store object.

This rather blows.  I'm assuming it's a data problem, but this is practically a fresh install, and Pets is patched.  I suppose it could be the FTp1 NoCD crack, which is a convenient whipping boy for all unexplained errors.  There's just no way they could have released the game with such extremely basic stuff crashing, right?

EDIT: I moved my Sims directory and started out with a completely empty folder.  The Sims wouldn't let me run Seasons, so I uninstalled Free Time.  Then, running Seasons, I found that I could create cats with custom tails, buy cat collars, and buy clothing without crashing.

Ergo, it's definitely Free Time.  Presumably, the noCD crack is buggy.  Which means I have to submit to having my computer raped by SecureRom.

Oh, joy.

- Gus
« Last Edit: 2008 April 11, 16:31:46 by Gus Smedstad » Logged

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: Petz crash-o-rama
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 11, 18:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so it appears that it was something in one of my data folders, but not the Downloads or the Neighborhood folder.  Or possibly it was a corrupted object file - but how did that happen so soon?

To reiterate, buying clothes crashed, buying cat collars crashed, and customizing a cat's tail crashed.

Uninstalled Freetime.  Moved the Sims folder to a safe location, giving me a new slate.  Started Seasons, and had no problems.
Reinstalled Free Time.  Patched it.  Ran the Free Time p1 no CD crack.  No problems.
Deleted the Neighboorhood folder, and replaced it with a copy of the old Neighborhood file.  No problem.
Copied the old Downloads directory in.  No problems.

So the only things that are different are a re-install of Free Time, and completely clean copies of all the Sims working folders except the neighborhood and downloads.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: