More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:20:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing previews for custom clothing: how to fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing previews for custom clothing: how to fix?  (Read 2816 times)
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Missing previews for custom clothing: how to fix?
« on: 2007 June 09, 16:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few custom outfits that I downloaded and they work fine, but the in-game preview (when you buy clothes for example, or in CAS) shows the "default" outfit for the category instead. When selected, the preview mannequin on the left shows the correct custom outfit, so it seems to be a problem solely with the preview "icon".

So they're usable, but hard to find in the list because of the wrong icon. I'm sure there must be a way to get the correct icon to show, maybe using Body Shop or SimPE, but since I do almost no customization myself other than downloading custom stuff, I have no idea how. If anybody could point me in the right direction (or to the right URL), I'd be very grateful. (I've done searches in a couple of places and come up with nothing, but maybe I'm not that good at searching...)

Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
Re: Missing previews for custom clothing: how to fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 09, 16:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that Control/RightClick on the pic trick work?  I know it does w/goofed thumbnails in the CAS simbin.

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 09, 19:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that doesn't work, try deleting CASThumbnails.package in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails. That will force the game to regenerate a picture for everything in CAS.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 09, 20:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! The Ctrl-RightClick didn't work when buying clothes, but it worked in CAS :-) I'd never heard of it before...

I suppose deleting the file would have been quicker (I had several outfits with the same problem), but I prefer in-game solutions when I find them... plus I needed to prune some clothes out anyway, so a visit to CAS was overdue.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 10, 09:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the thumbnail packages is not quicker in the long run, especially if you only have a few broken tumbnails and lots of CC, because those thumbnails will need to re-generate the next time you try to look at them, and that takes time.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: