More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 18:56:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf problem.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf problem.  (Read 8575 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf problem.
« on: 2007 March 27, 15:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that when I'm playing Pleasantview, where I don't want any werewolves, the lotp is all over the place. Then I play Veronaville (which I want to have werewolves and plant sims) and I can't find a single one? Iorny, the fact that I installed Seasons (I suspect that installing Pets resets the moon to full or almost full), or a hack? I didn't see a hack that advertised less wolves, I have wolfwatchers but I thought that just fixed the want to where they had to see the wolf...
Can't seem to get a plantsim there either. Grr.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf problem.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 27, 16:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check over on djsims -- jfade has signs there you can put on the lot to ban wolves or attract more of them.  I see the lotp almost every night on lots with the wolf attraction sign on it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf problem.
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 27, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that would be cheating. I must wait and wait and drink elixer until his grandchildren have grown old and died just like the game intended. I just wanted to make sure I didn't accidentally have something that was preventing the wolf completely.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 27, 17:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I not sure how attracting more wolves is any more cheating than using the elixer to make a sim live forever, but hey -- whatever floats your boat. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 27, 19:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

silly joe, because the elixir already exists in the Sim World.  The sign comes from the Human World. :p

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 27, 19:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was about to write something tongue in cheek but in the process I defeated myself. Don't ask. Anyway, you earn the elixir rather than just having it. If there was a wolf summoner that you earned, that I would do. Money doesn't count, it's too easy.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 27, 19:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't correct spelling, but... it's irony. Not iorny.

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 27, 20:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, I've done that so many times. I should know better by now!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 27, 20:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually don't correct spelling, but... it's irony. Not iorny.

* Emma presses thanks button for Orikes

Please change the thread title, I keep reading it as 'horny' Cheesy

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf prob
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 27, 20:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

And from the wolfwatchers RTFM:
Wolf fears no longer satisfied unless sim actually witnesses appearance of wolf.
Wolves much less likely to appear in densely populated areas (areas with high
community lot and residential density), like downtown.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 27, 20:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please change the thread title, I keep reading it as 'horny' Cheesy

Heh. Yeah, I kept reading it as horny wolves too. :}

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: NOTE: I am too stupid to spell "Irony" correctly. Please help with wolf prob
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 27, 20:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

And from the wolfwatchers RTFM:
Wolf fears no longer satisfied unless sim actually witnesses appearance of wolf.
Wolves much less likely to appear in densely populated areas (areas with high
community lot and residential density), like downtown.
*snort* now the people in my classroom are wondering while I'm holding in laughter during a lecture....
Yeah, I read that part. But this is in Veronaville, and all but the Summerdream family has suffered during an unfortunate neighborhood wide storm. It was strange, really. Every single sim was struck by lightning until quite dead, with the exception of Hermia and Juliette... I also added extra trees to the 'hood.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 27, 20:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not too sure but I think you have to add extra trees to the actual lot too to make it more likely for the LOTP to appear.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 27, 20:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was about to write something tongue in cheek but in the process I defeated myself. Don't ask. Anyway, you earn the elixir rather than just having it. If there was a wolf summoner that you earned, that I would do. Money doesn't count, it's too easy.

Well, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure those signs are aspiration rewards. (Or... he has versions of them as aspiration rewards, at least that's what I have in my game).  So... in effect, you can "earn" them the same way you "earn" the Elixir.

I play pretty much the same way, in that my sims never get any cheaty type objects for free.  Everything has to come at a price. Cheesy

Ste

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 27, 20:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AweSIM! Er, uh, sorry for the pun.

Ok, I haven't used any non awesome hacks since about two months into the game. No known conflicts?

edit ~ Oh, the "dj" is jfade, ok. I'm sure there is some experience there with MATY hacks then.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 27, 21:03:44 by sara_dippity » Logged

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 27, 22:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, more trees on a lot will attract the LOTP (well, and all wolves) as well as having babies and toddlers around. Prima says for every 4 trees the likelihood goes up X percentage points (too lazy to look it up) and I've tried it in game, and it does seem to work.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 27, 23:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you do earn the wolf summoner -- it's an ASP reward object, not a buyable object. Same with the no-wolf sign.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 29, 14:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you do earn the wolf summoner -- it's an ASP reward object, not a buyable object. Same with the no-wolf sign.
Really? Say, thanks for the tip!!!! I'm glad no one mentioned this four posts above this one so you could be the first to tell me!!! Wink

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 29, 15:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is quite ironic that you actually meant "Ironically" not "Iorny" in that sentence.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 30, 00:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is a horny wolf like a horny turkey?

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: