More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 20:52:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Modest/Religious clothing for female sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Modest/Religious clothing for female sims?  (Read 13420 times)
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Modest/Religious clothing for female sims?
« on: 2007 July 16, 04:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've looked around various sites (including MTS2. Although, there's a decent looking Hijab up for download) and haven't found anything specific that I'm looking for.

All-About-Style has some lovely clothes; but I'm curious, is there any site that has conservative/religious clothing? I'm not necessarily looking for a Burka - but something that 'covers up' in the way that an Islamic burka would. But I'd be fine with a burka, if that's all that's really available. There was one over at MTS2; but the person has taken the download off the site, due to, it seems, from imflammatory/racist comments.

So, any suggestions of where to look?

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Modest/Religious clothing for female sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 16, 04:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, y'know, there used to be an Islamic/Arab site for Sims 1, but for Sims 2 I think the most likely thing I've run across is this site: http://sims2.picolink.nl/ThemeFashionpage.html

Well, and nun habits/monks' robes, but that's another thing entirely. You might get some use out of the hairstyles for nuns (they usually tend to be Maxis long hair recolored as a veil); http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Content_List:Religious has some links.

(I do remember seeing the stuff on MTS2, and also some of the ridiculous comments.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 16, 04:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, now that I've bothered to search MTS2 myself, there's still stuff there:
http://www.modthesims2.com/quicksearch.php?tag=islamic
Also http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=91648 which looks better than the head scarf from the first link.

I'm not surprised that the outfit is by bettye, who made a the meshes for most of the nice Indian clothes I have in my game.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 16, 05:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, cheers. I took a look over at Sims 2 Community to see if they had lists with anything relating to religion, but nothing popped up. Bettye seems to do some very nice stuff. Maybe I should take a look around more. Hm...

If you like the smell of doung, and being shouted at by farmers, why not take a trip to the countryside?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 16, 05:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read the comments in the hijab thread and found a few links there, thought I'd post them, but I can't vouch for what any of it looks like in game.

This one is billed as modest clothes for your sim, they aren't religious but they are definitely modest.  There are only a few downloads here:  http://shokoladnyj.narod.ru/

This one has tons of mostly period specific clothing (some of the Roman stuff and almost all of the Victorian and middle ages type stuff are conceiling. The santa lucia dress and the accolade dress look sort of religious to me, but I know nothing about religion so that is based entirely on my own set of mental stereotypes:  http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/alexasrosa

I found this one by searching MTS2 for "modest":  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=235807
The last one requires a mesh so I followed the link to that creator's area.  Turns out the creator was the person who made the better looking hijab akatonbo mentioned, but she also has *tons* of modest clothes, saris, and shalwar kameezs (es?) as well as some other ethnic clothes, here's a direct link to her profile: http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=10452

I hope that at least some of this is helpful!  Smiley

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 16, 06:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thankyou. I checked out the website; granted, there's only a few downloads, but for what they are, they do look quite nice.

I just downloaded a ton of bettya's clothes - she seems to do gorgeous outfits. And a variation of styles too, which is nice. I found some mediaeval dresses that 'cover up' well, too.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 16, 10:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those dark project clothes are beautiful in game. I have some of them in my game and it's really nice to do a close-up and see that much detail in the clothing textures.

Unsouper
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 16, 14:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those 'Dark Project' Victorian clothes look gorgeous. I am seriously thinking about doing a Victorian themed neighbourhood. I did have a Simstones themed one on my other computer and it was a lot of fun Grin

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 16, 20:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heeeey, lookie what I just found, modern modest clothing by Besen
Sorry if any of this is a repeat of MTS2, which is down again.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 16, 22:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<chant>must resist. no new downloads. must resist. no more downloads. </chant>

ha! ya'll aren't getting me!

isn't that just an adorable maternity outfit. and you have that hack. you need clothes that work, right? and look at that really cute pants suit. and wouldn't the modest clothes be perfect for contrast with the 'post-modern' stuff - who says clothes will move toward 3/4s nekkie in the future?

wellll... maybe just one or two. or a few. or so.

(I love Besen's clothes.)

Unsouper
Onion Girl
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 16, 23:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*squee!* Besen's clothes are exactly what I'm looking for. The skirts are adorable. Thankyou. Smiley

My downloads folder probably hates me. Tongue Ah well, I'll just delete old crap I don't use anymore.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 16, 23:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those 'Dark Project' Victorian clothes look gorgeous. I am seriously thinking about doing a Victorian themed neighbourhood. I did have a Simstones themed one on my other computer and it was a lot of fun Grin

I'm an dowload addict and I admit it. To indulge my passion, I've decided to try the Royal Kingdom Challenge.  This will allow me to go back downloading Medieval stuff.  To further indulge my passion for accumulating stuff, I also plan a slight twist with the challenge  http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=29199 , I am going to change theme every couple of generations, going from medieval, Tudor, Renassiance, Victorian (I'll have to research the correct order lol)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 17, 00:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to change theme every couple of generations, going from medieval, Tudor, Renassiance, Victorian (I'll have to research the correct order lol)

I think you have Renaissance and Tudor swapped -- the Renaissance was in the 1400 - 1500s, and Tudor was the 1500 - 1600s, if memory serves.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 17, 09:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to change theme every couple of generations, going from medieval, Tudor, Renassiance, Victorian (I'll have to research the correct order lol)

To complicate things a bit further; Renaissance - Tudor - Restoration - Georgian - Regency - Victorian.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 22, 07:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a lot of medieval-type clothes, as well as some religious ones (nun habits, etc) in the Midsimmer Night's Dream project, found under Themed Sets at MTS2.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 22, 07:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also recolours of the long dress for girl children from that theme in a more Indian style - you can find them by searching for recolours of the original.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: