More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:48:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Go and get changed before you go walkabout!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Go and get changed before you go walkabout!  (Read 13088 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Go and get changed before you go walkabout!
« on: 2006 May 28, 20:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who is sick and tired of my playable sims wandering around town dressed for work, even when they've finished work hours ago?  And why, oh why, do they wander round when they should be at work?

Brandi is Chief of Police, and really, she shouldn't still be out there pounding the beat in her position!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Go and get changed before you go walkabout!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 28, 21:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy has a fix for this, but as of OFB (I think) it does not appear to work any more.  I think I may need to go read the RTFM again, though.

ETA:  it is found here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1299.0

I suspect my thoughts on it not actually working now are due to forgetting who is a townie and who is a playable sim.  I'm thinking that if I read this correctly, the playables can still end up in work clothes, but the townies won't?  If that is the case, it is at least a partial solution to your problem.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 28, 21:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Ness, but if you mean the community lot thing, it's incompatible with TJ's Controller, but it wasn't affecting any of my walk-by sims in front of houses, but I know the problem only started in my game after OFB.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 28, 21:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realise it was incompatible with TJ's visitor controller?  I have both in, and it's been ages since a sim bought someone home from work, so it's a little hard to say.

I haven't visited community lots for a while now, either, so very difficult to say either way conclusively.

Like you, ZZ, I would love a complete solution to the problem.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 28, 21:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's bad enough that Tom Penney would turn up dressed as a General when he was still only an astronaut - that was bad enough if he was coming home from work with a sim, but he'd turn up at his daughter's parties at Uni still in his uniform!  He must really like being in the military career, that's all I can say!  Also, the problem seems worse when they are dressed in any but the base game outfits, it's not just custom outfits that seem to be wrong.  There is one of the new townies who according to his pic in SimPE should be wearing a green polo shirt, but he is dressed in the black uni shorts with the tattooos wherever he goes! (Cole Kauker).

It's like the game just isn't able to keep up with all the new data.  I'm thinking of putting ALL my sims into either the Slacker career so once they get past the first coupleof promotions, they won't have a uniform any more, or else putting the whole darn lot in the Natural Science career, just for the heck of seeing them all walking around town in figleaves!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 28, 21:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin ZZ!

I don't seem to be having a problem nearly so bad as that!

Maybe Tom was thinking that all women love a man in uniform so he didn't want to take it off?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 28, 21:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if he was romance, I'd agree, but he's popularity and it took him an awfully long time to get more than one LB for anyone except Brandi (then when told to scope room, he just wasn't interested at all!) and since he has three thriving businesses, is in permaplat and lives in my AppleBarn house, which is huge, maybe it's time he retired from the military and took the easy life!  (But I'm convinced he'll still turn up in his uniform, after all it's in his wardrobe!  Presumably in his case it was there BEFORE he earned it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 28, 22:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get terribly annoyed at the frat kids that insist on going around in their togas forever after you pledge the first time.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 28, 22:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Annoying, but at least, I suppose, possible!  I hardly ever play Greek Houses now, the whole thing is so totally unpredictable!  I think I might try giving some of these uniformed sims a change of clothing and see if that helps!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 29, 02:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's bad enough that Tom Penney would turn up dressed as a General when he was still only an astronaut - that was bad enough if he was coming home from work with a sim, but he'd turn up at his daughter's parties at Uni still in his uniform!  He must really like being in the military career, that's all I can say!  Also, the problem seems worse when they are dressed in any but the base game outfits, it's not just custom outfits that seem to be wrong.  There is one of the new townies who according to his pic in SimPE should be wearing a green polo shirt, but he is dressed in the black uni shorts with the tattooos wherever he goes! (Cole Kauker).
The wearing of inappropriate, unearned uniforms is resolved in the carpool fix. I don't see what's wrong with them wearing SOME of their work uniforms around, though. *I* certainly wore my uniform when going about, after all. Buying seperate clothes costs money!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 29, 02:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom Penney has money!  It's actually not often they turn up in the wrong clothes for their work level, now all the townies have been sent to work in the saltmines (shops), but Tom was obviously anticipating his promotion!  I'll  check and see if I have the carpool fix in at present, though.  Thanks. 

Yep, it's there!  I thought I mightn't have put it in, but I did!  So I still don't know what's causing it, but since it's only an annoyance, I suppose I can live with it!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 29, 02:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, it's there!  I thought I mightn't have put it in, but I did!  So I still don't know what's causing it, but since it's only an annoyance, I suppose I can live with it!
That means he must have acquired the uniform before you put it in, and is still stuck in it since nothing has changed him. Drag him into a hot tub or something, that'll fix him.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 29, 03:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That means he must have acquired the uniform before you put it in, and is still stuck in it since nothing has changed him. Drag him into a hot tub or something, that'll fix him.

This is exactly what I do when I notice them walking around on community lots in their work clothes.  This happens when sim come back from work with a guest, the guest get stuck in its work outfit until you make it go into a pool or a hot tub.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 29, 08:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that everywhere he goes, but the effect doesn't last!  He's an outgoing Leo, always turning up at friends' houses and walking in unannounced, so since he has passed the 30 Best Friends limit, it means he turns up on almost every lot I go to, but he still turns up in his work clothes at 7 in the evening - on a weekend!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 30, 09:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using twojeffs' visitor controller, maybe you can try putting up one of his paintings that controls what sims wear on community lots, or get Monique's hacked pc on MTS2 that has as option to force clothing change.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 30, 10:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have both, so I might try it and thanks for the suggestion - but I would have to keep doing it!  I want Maxis to put it right!  There was a time, I forget whether it was after the first patch or after Uni, when it stopped happening and sims wore their own clothes except when coming home from work with your current sim, which obviiously is to be expected - and they didn't go walkabout or visiting when they should have been at work!

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 30, 12:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moniques computer, in the shop at home option, has a change clothing option.  You can dress everyone on the lot (including ghosts) in any clothing option.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 30, 12:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we were just discussing it.

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 30, 15:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry, I missed that part.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 30, 16:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's okay!  It helps to have things confirmed anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 01, 07:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use inge's vase of flowers all over to force people into casual clothing.  i have one in every hallway at home too so when they come in the door or they exit the bedroom they automatically dress.  maybe this is affecting the comm lots as well since everyone is almost always in cas, because im not seeing people in business clothes in comm lots unless they are townies.  i'll have to test the vase on comm lots,  but the lady in red visitor controller works in comm lots well, i made a 'teen only center'  that works well.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 01, 10:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's certainly a thought!  Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have to try them and see which one works best!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 01, 11:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i use inge's vase of flowers all over to force people into casual clothing.  i have one in every hallway at home too so when they come in the door or they exit the bedroom they automatically dress. 

Inge's vase hasn't worked for me since OFB. I really miss it, I use the painting but it doesn't work as well and there's only the one painting which I'm pretty sick of.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 01, 11:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And not much chance of her updating it now!  Pity, but that's the way it goes!

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 01, 19:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the vase of flowers is still working for me with all expansion packs.   if you mean the lady in red paintings, there are a how bunch of them.   if you mean you are tried of staring at what seems to be the same painting, you can always use moveobjects on and put another painting just barely in front of it

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: