More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:04:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Patch Link
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Patch Link  (Read 11803 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
OFB Patch Link
« on: 2006 March 22, 02:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch link for those allergic to the BBS. Tongue

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpatch.php?appVersion=1.3

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: OFB Patch Link
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 03:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 03:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 04:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, MsMaria! This time EA can be appreciated for the fast update...Smiley.
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 04:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When they say "have your game CDs ready" for the install, do they mean ALL the CDs, or just the OFB CD, or just the original game CDs, or what? (never installed a Maxis patch before)

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 04:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When they say "have your game CDs ready" for the install, do they mean ALL the CDs, or just the OFB CD, or just the original game CDs, or what? (never installed a Maxis patch before)

It didn't ask me for any CDs when I installed the patch. But I had the OFB disc in the drive. I would guess you need the CD you use to play the game. That is, the latest EP.

Fail.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 04:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the patch and I did *not* have the OFB CD in the drive.... I did not know it at the time, but; Oh, well!
It downloaded and installed without a hitch!
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 05:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Previous patches fixed the problem with the objects.package getting corrupted, and so you would need to enter the cd so it could copy one from that.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 05:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thankee very much!i didn't expect them to actually do this this week like they said! i'm almost scared to download this-geez! it's pretty bad when you barely bat an eye over downloading hacks, but break out in a cold sweat over downloading a maxis patch  Tongue

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 05:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read gripes about the patch being 17.7 MB at N99, which makes me believe it is prety self-contained... like I said - I did not even have the CD in the drive; the Update *did not ask me for it*, and it installed without a problem!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 22, 05:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's "water wiggler"Huh

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 22, 06:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link MsMaria...but damn, I was hoping something about the salon chairs would be on that list of "fixes". Huh

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 22, 06:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So was I Kelly. Undecided

Water wiggler is the crafted toy that looks like an octopus. Smiley

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 22, 07:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Social Bunny can no longer be killed.

Gee...wonder who went about that one haha
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 22, 07:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I will be waiting a few days to use it for another round of conflict reports.

Nice tehy patched it though.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 22, 10:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's wrong with the salon chairs?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 22, 10:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The seem to be buggy for some people and unfortunately I'm one of them. I can't get sims to use them most of the time. If they will browse autonomously and I sales pitch to them and their browse meter goes all the way up, they just shake their head but do nothing instead of going into the chair or sitting and waiting their turn like they are supposed to.

It also bugs me that there's no option show the chair to someone. There's an option to offer makeover yes, but the person doing the offering has to do the makeover. There needs to be something where one person can show the thing to the customer, sell them, and get them interested and another can actually do the makeover. Because a sim with a sales badge may not necessarily have a cosmotology badge and vice versa. In every other type of store, you can have a sales person show an item or the restaurant menu etc and the cashier or host etc actually do the action.

I know people will respond with 'Oh you need to do XYZ and then the chair will work' but I have heard all the suggestions and tried them all and while on rare occasions I can get the damned thing to work, for the most part it does not for me and I don't have a lot of distractions around, tried with and without an employee manning the chair etc etc. When the employee mans the chair they just stand there and I can't even get anyone interested.

Some people seem to have no problems at all with the chair and some seem to have nothing but. It's not due to hacks either because I've seen people who claim to have none still report having lots of problems with it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 22, 11:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with you Motoki.  I too think the chair is buggy and not designed very well.  I hope someone more awesome than the Maxis folks will come up with some sort of fix.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 22, 12:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you're right, I got impatient with what I thought was typical sim slowness, so I used merola's mirror to select the cosmetoligist - or however the hell it's spelled - then I get the worker to offer the makeover. I've only just tried using the chairs this evening, so my question was genuine as to what to look for.

How do you get rid of a botched makeover? I have one poor kid with a fright mask. I have had about six sims offer him a makeover, I never get the change appearance screen and the kid just sobs pitifully each time he sees his face.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 22, 12:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sentiments lie with shezoe. I have palpitations over this damn thing. Does anybody know if all the hacks are ok with it?

Meh...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 22, 14:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch: If you keep offering makeovers again eventually you'll succeed and get the chance to undo the damage. Or you can just use the University vanity mirror. That also lets you give a makeover to other sims but never fails.

You'll want to go into the full face makeup section, clicking on nothing won't get rid of it, so just click on some random full face makeup, doesn't matter which, then click back on none and it should be gone.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 14:40:21 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 22, 14:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The makeover thing is probably the most singularly poorly-thought-out business model in the game, probably because it has existed for a very long time WITHOUT being a business model.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 22, 14:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's true JM. You could make a salon with a vanity and a ticket box thing. No chance of failures on makeovers so you won't have townies running around looking Mimi from Drew Carey.

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 22, 15:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's true JM. You could make a salon with a vanity and a ticket box thing. No chance of failures on makeovers so you won't have townies running around looking Mimi from Drew Carey.

That would still be an improvement over most of the Maxis-made townies...
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 22, 15:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL! Good point!  Grin

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: