More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 19:04:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd Difficulties with One Particular Hair
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd Difficulties with One Particular Hair  (Read 6844 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Odd Difficulties with One Particular Hair
« on: 2007 May 20, 13:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like Rose's donation hair #37 (it's in the booty, for those who want to see it or mess with it).

Thought I'd see if it would work on males unmodified, so I tried to clone one of the colors in Body Shop so I could edit the gender values in SimPE (a nifty trick that depends on what the mesh is like -- it works really well on Fionn's thick curly animated hair from TSR, if anybody's ever wanted to Sim Robert Plant and bemoaned the lack of long curly hair for men). Body Shop couldn't clone it -- I got some Maxis mesh and textures instead of the actual Rose hair.

Then I tried editing the original Rose file in SimPE to see if I could make it males-only or unisex by changing the gender values, and that didn't work either. If I remember correctly, it just still showed up for females, no matter what I set the values to.

Anybody have any idea what's up with that? I suppose I could have done something wrong in SimPE (although when I forget to change that last value that's not in the age groups, usually what happens is it shows up for males, but then when I click on it, I get a Maxis default instead), but it's the inability to clone it in Body Shop that confuses me, and I'm not having trouble cloning hair in general (I did a HUGE batch of more natural red recolors of hair that I only had in candy apply or citrus orange shades, I'm looking at you, Peggy).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Odd Difficulties with One Particular Hair
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 20, 19:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what the cause is, but I have run into a few files that refuse to change no matter what values are used for the age, gender, etc.

Try making a clone in Bodyshop. The clone usually works properly.

Fail.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 20, 19:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*points upward* That particular hair refuses to clone in Body Shop. It reverts to a Maxis mesh and textures.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 20, 20:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case I would say there is something more than usual wrong with it. Does it actually work properly in CAS/game?

Fail.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 20, 20:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which hair is it again? I downloaded #37 in the booty, but I had no trouble either making it work for males or cloning it. (And no, it does not work for males, goes right through the forehead, even for teens).

Fail.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 20, 20:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/rose/rosedonate0037.jpg

That one. It works fine in CAS (I think it's even binned). I've got all EPs, my only SP is GLS and I didn't have GLS installed yet when I was messing with the hair. Other hair clones fine in Body Shop, though I can't remember if I tried other Rose hair.

Is that the one you tried? Darnit, I was really hoping it'd work on men; I have two male characters I want to Sim who have precisely that hairstyle, one teen and one adult.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 20, 20:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's the one. Here's what it looks like on males (adult and teen). It doesn't look too bad on teens with a small forehead, although even then at least one strand goes through the head.

Fail.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 20, 21:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats a nice hair.. i hope someone can fix it!

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 21, 02:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, if I can ever get it to clone properly, I suppose I might manage to alpha-edit it into something useable, at least for my one teen boy who ought to have it. Shall have to kick it around some more.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 21, 03:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I tried cloning it again and found that the Maxis hair that was coming up instead was the Jeanette hair. So I took the mesh for the Jeanette hair out of my Downloads folder and tried again, and it finally cloned properly. *messes with it*

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 21, 03:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats a nice hair.. i hope someone can fix it!

I second that. I think it looks really nice in the teen male pic, should look good on an adult male too.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 21, 05:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that a Sunair hair?

I third the request for it as a male hair. I'd use it for all ages, if I could. Smiley

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 21, 11:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's one of Rose's donation files. *points up at the very first post, and the link to the picture that's in Rose's section of the booty* After getting it to clone I tried alpha-editing it a bit, but when I blanked out some of the parts that were going through the face, I just ended up with holes in the head. So it's not going to work without being remeshed, alas. (It does look more or less okay on children without modification, granted.)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: