More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 17:47:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can anyone identify this hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can anyone identify this hack?  (Read 10458 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Can anyone identify this hack?
« on: 2005 December 29, 22:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=276894#post276894

The person that started the thread indicated that they had a hack that generated the water and the sky. They haven't been back to the thread to give a link to the hack or to indicate where they got it from. I thought it would be a great background for some stories and would like to get the hack.

Any one recognize the hack and know where it's from?
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can anyone identify this hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 29, 22:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bluddy hell, Part of me doesn't beleive that is a hack just some kind of photoshop or something.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 29, 22:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That CAN'T be TS2.  I really think it's a photoshop, too.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 29, 22:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could try psting it here:

http://sims2community.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

but I looked on MTS2 (even though I knew you'd probably searched there)
and found this!
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65197&highlight=ship

pretty cool hah.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 29, 22:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me thinks the only way you will ever get anything that looks like that is to use a rendering studio, that boat looks rendered as well, or chopped or something.

damn chain yankers....
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 29, 22:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hard time believing there is a hack that does this. I remember reading in the thread for Gunmods radiance lighting mod that the sky used on lots is a mapped cube, rather than a sphere. This means any texture, other than a plain colour, would be distorted. The backgrounds in the sims2community thread aren't distorted at all from what I can see.

It wouldn't suprise me if those pictures were rendered in some 3D program (3D Studio etc). I use Cinema 4D and it is easy to just map a sunset on to a background with no distortion at all.

Of course, I could be wrong.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 29, 23:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had seen this before at MTS2, so I know there can be some kind of sky projection done. I thought maybe someone had built on this hack:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=44693&highlight=horizon

So, nobody has seen this kind of thing before?   Cry

Edited to add:
Reading thru the thread above, there is another zip file in the 49th response that says it's a "sky". Soon as I get home, I'm going to test that file to see what it is and let you know. It would be amazing if it turned out to be the sky. *hoping*
« Last Edit: 2005 December 29, 23:24:57 by simmiecal » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 29, 23:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had seen this before at MTS2, so I know there can be some kind of sky projection done. I thought maybe someone had built on this hack:

I was just about to post that link when I got the "while you were writing" message. Grin

I use the projector for special screenshots and it's awesome. Don't forget the extra sky colors on page 2 of that thread. But, it definitely does not do anything close to what the screenshot in this thread shows. Unless I missed something...

Fail.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 29, 23:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That creates a dome over the lot that shows in the neighborhood screen also.  It's a cool idea but my game didn't like it.  Plus it doesn't work with the EP's I believe.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 29, 23:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't seen that before. Looks good.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 29, 23:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That creates a dome over the lot that shows in the neighborhood screen also.  It's a cool idea but my game didn't like it.  Plus it doesn't work with the EP's I believe.

Work fine with the EPs except from the neighborhood view with NL installed. Here's the Broke house (TS2+Uni+NL):

Fail.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 30, 00:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah okay. cool.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 30, 13:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The top screenshot is from Second Life.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 30, 13:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seen this: http://www.titanic3d.com/pages/accueil_en.htm? Looks an awful lot like those screenshots to me. I don't think they are from TS2 at all. Check out the stairs, for example, the angle is too steep, and there is a ton of other stuff I've never seen before.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 30, 14:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's given me an idea of a better way to do the sea or lakes though - just make the terrain dip a little then a flat plain, and make one of those field things look like water.  Then you won't be prevented from placing lots over it and the sims can paddle.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 30, 14:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The field neighborhood decorations? I've been wishing one of those was water (or several of them, riverbed continuations, lakes, sea) for awhile now :) <hoping you'll make some  ;D>

Unsouper
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 30, 14:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I've been wanting to make some new neighbourhood buildings for a while but I am not sure how to start.  They're not just normal clonable objects, are they?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 30, 14:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<scuffle> I haven't a clue. I have seen other people make some though... over at MTS2, so there's probably some info on it over there. <runs over to take a look>

Unsouper
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 30, 14:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I've been wanting to make some new neighbourhood buildings for a while but I am not sure how to start.  They're not just normal clonable objects, are they?

*Jumps up and down in encouragement*

I would really love to have more neighborhood decorations.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 30, 14:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seen this: http://www.titanic3d.com/pages/accueil_en.htm? Looks an awful lot like those screenshots to me. I don't think they are from TS2 at all. Check out the stairs, for example, the angle is too steep, and there is a ton of other stuff I've never seen before.

Well, that burst my bubble. The pictures in your link look just like another picture that was in that thread. I tried the sky projector and none of the objects looks like a blue sky with clouds.

*nudge*nudge*  Would one of the talented modders want to take a look at the sky projector at MTS2 and see if they could clone it and have it project a sky with clouds?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 30, 14:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason MTS2 won't come up for me right now :( silly site. <puts it on the try again later list as I'd really love more neighborhood stuff also>

Edit: Well, bleh. One of the reasons I don't hang out over on MTS2 much anymore. Searching brings up a couple of threads that ask this question exactly - with no responses :p (Do they never answer questions anymore? Just complain that people are asking them? And why have a requests forum when they 'most never do requests? Or maybe it's just the search function.) And then 40 pages of junk within which I can't find the answer. Anyway, as there IS a neighborhood objects download section and both Numenor and wintermuteai1 have objects in it, it's possible and they know how. Guess the trick is prying out the info :p (Sorry, that site got too big for its britches imnsho.) Will keep looking, but dunno...
« Last Edit: 2005 December 30, 16:10:21 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 30, 16:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, finally found some answers on Numenor's first Neighborhood Object thread:

http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97275&page=4&pp=25

He says, the procedure is the same as that used for fences, following this tutorial:

http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1751

and is supported in SimPE 5.

If there's more updated info, I just didn't find it. And I see you already asked on the only thread I found in create/tutorials and the like. And I'll stop spamming now :)

Unsouper
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 30, 17:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, bleh. One of the reasons I don't hang out over on MTS2 much anymore. Searching brings up a couple of threads that ask this question exactly - with no responses :p (Do they never answer questions anymore? Just complain that people are asking them? And why have a requests forum when they 'most never do requests?

Well, I visit some of the MTS2 search forums daily, and I can say that there are tons of new requests every day, and it would keep tens of creators busy full time to fullfill all of them. I don't think the purpose of a request forum is that you can ask for anything and someone will always do it. Some of the requests are impossible to fulfill, others are of such marginal interest that there aren't many creators who would be interested in spending a lot of time creating with not many potential downloaders. People also post in the wrong forums all the time because they don't care to take the time and read the guidelines and make it hard to find their posts that way. Creators do visit the request forums regularly, though, and if something inspires them, they might make it. I know I've made a couple of objects inspired by those. Creating should be fun, not an obligation you have to do like a nine-to-five job.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 30, 17:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the purpose of a request forum is that you can ask for anything and someone will always do it.

Neither do I, but it seems like for possible things, posted in the right place, they should at least get some response - not necessarily to make it, but not to be completely ignored either (that's why it got stuck in with my general rant on questions). I feel bad so many people are ignored - unless they spam, in which case they're fussed at. If one posts a thread on here, someone at least will generally take the time to respond, even if it's to say "you're asking for the impossible" or "I dunno".

The moderators there seem to have plenty of time to complain about, delete and move threads that say "I'm first, thanks" or some such nonsense, but little to, oh respond to the (at least) 2 threads requesting a neighborhood deco tutorial and say "well there isn't one, but it's done the same way as fences, which is here" or something. Or even - "lots of people want this, maybe if you figure it out, you'd write one?" Or just anything friendly.

And the search functions suck. It's really hard to find anything. I have no idea why half the threads that came up, did when I typed in "neighborhood decoration" - what does that have to do with the all in one nanny, for example?

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: