More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:22:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Easiest way to extract the pollination technician?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easiest way to extract the pollination technician?  (Read 5106 times)
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Easiest way to extract the pollination technician?
« on: 2007 December 14, 02:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to make my own pollination technician. I'd like to start with the default technician and tweak it slightly because the default I made from scratch is actually too normal looking (or the kids are at least.) What is the easiest way to export the sim for bodyshop? I assume I could either:

1) open his file up in SimPE sim browser, switch him to not an npc, hope he shows up in Sim Surgery so I can export him and then switch him back to an npc. I'm a little apprehensive about doing this with a beta version of SimPE.

2) teleport him to a lot with the shrub, make him a member of the family, export him using Sim Surgery, then make him into an npc again. This seems risky also  Undecided

3) Download a pollination technician (or at least the face template) from somewhere, though I haven't found one.

Thanks for your help.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Easiest way to extract the pollination technician?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 14, 10:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim surgery doesn't work on that type of character, so you'll have to alter him manually.
There are some pollination technitian replacements on MTS2, but as far as I understand those will only apply to new neigbourhoods, not exsisting PTs, but don't quote me on that.
I've yet to find a good guide on making your own replacements, but there is this quick guide: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10066.msg275608.html#msg275608

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 14, 23:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some pollination technitian replacements on MTS2, but as far as I understand those will only apply to new neigbourhoods, not exsisting PTs, but don't quote me on that.

The replacement pollination technicians are applied as soon as you add them to your downloads folder. I got sick of having too many fugly lookalike PT spawn in an existing 'hood so switched over to this set from MTS2: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=71852. The subsequent abduction babies were spawned by the replacement PTs.

spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 15, 14:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a default technician, but he looks too normal. I wanted to look at the game one's facial structure for comparison, but I guess there's no way to extract him. Thanks though Smiley
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 15, 14:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a default technician, but he looks too normal. I wanted to look at the game one's facial structure for comparison, but I guess there's no way to extract him. Thanks though Smiley

How about using Pollination Technician #9 Smith from the Strangetown neighborhood?  He's got that long-faced, no-nosed aspect to him, and he's extractable.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 15, 16:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, interesting idea. I guess I'll actually have to open Strangetown.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 16, 10:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon created something to unhide the Maxis alien archetype face in CAS/body shop. You can find it here. I think that you could probably use this as a starting point for creating your pollination tech.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 16, 15:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: