More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:33:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and no CD?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and no CD?  (Read 97306 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: BV and no CD?
« Reply #150 on: 2007 October 16, 01:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is one of those situations where it is so easy and right in front of you, that you cant believe you can understand it so you stress over it and it drives you crazy. So here is the questions I have had about how to install a no - cd crack,. Only because everything is researched in this thread its so chopped up I want to make sure I have all my information correct. So, I'll start off first with how to install. If someone could please help me and be patient with my dumbass I'd really appreciate it. I bought BV nearly a month ago, but never installed it because I was waiting for the patch. Then of course, you know the rest.

Install the game but Do Not Launch if you Remove the Disk, SecuROM cannot install<--- the most important question I have.

1.download the no-cd crack
2.go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin"
3.and change the name of the current Sims2EP6.exe to Sims2EP6.bak
4.Then place the crack in the same folder.
5.Make a shortcut to this on your desk top
6.Run game from new shortcut.

Now my questions concerning installing the No Cd.

I found the TSBin (yes, I looked for 2 days so this was a big deal) When I go to step 3  The Sims2ep6ex is not a folder I can name. If I click on it it starts the game. It also does not say exe after it.. So, do I right click and rename it by going into properties and changing it from there?

And, Step 4. I just drag the no-crack CD into the bins folder correct? Then right click on the file and "create shortcut" To be clear, If I never have the bv disk in the drive, i can't accidentally install SecuRom correct? But any EA made Shortcuts can be deleted and the new shortcut would need to be used in order to make the game run. And the short cut is made from the crack. Do I have this correct?

I'm sure your all wondering how I found the "On" button to my laptop by now. Like I said, I think I've made this too hard and it worked me into a state of confusion. Please Help Sad
You accidentally started the game with the original exe? Well, there's a high chance SecuROM had been installed. It doesn't matter if you got the cd in your drive or not, it's the Sims2EP6.exe that contain the SecuROM.
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 October 16, 02:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You accidentally started the game with the original exe? Well, there's a high chance SecuROM had been installed. It doesn't matter if you got the cd in your drive or not, it's the Sims2EP6.exe that contain the SecuROM.

No, I have yet to install or download anything, Thankfully I know for sure I'm SecuRom free.

Raenae..
Thank you so much. I thought I was such a huge dumbass because I couldn't figure out how to rename something that wouldn't let me rename it. I may still be stupid but I'm comforted to know I couldn't have ever figured that out on my own. Thanks again, I feel confident enough now to try it.

I do have just a few other questions if anyone out there can answer them for me. I found most all my answers through the thread but there are just some other things I wanted to be sure of and clarify before I get this started.

If you run off a no cd, do you need to worry about this new "launcher" everyone is speaking of?

... and if you do, this is how you disable it:  disable it, edit your BV shortcut (right click on it, then properties, and then alter the Target) so it points to "Sims2EP6.exe" instead of Sims2Launcher.exe"

The Patch for BV is probably not out in no crack cd form yet yes? When it is,  I assume someone here from Maty will mention it.. (noob here) And when I download it do I repeat this procedure only deleting the old crack and placing the new one in the folder?  (all assuming I have it right how cracks and patches work correctly)

This also means until the "patched"  no cd is out, I'll have the  NPC spawning issue and the other bugs. But I can use the Maty fix for the spawning issue correct?

And just because I havent seen it addressed.. other Mods/hacks, are they an issue when installing a no cd crack?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 October 16, 02:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, antiredundancy from here fixes the NPC spawning issue.  No, hacks are not an issue when installing a no-cd .exe -- the only difference between a no-cd .exe and the official one is that the former has all the code that checks for the cd removed.  Otherwise it's the same.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 October 16, 02:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just delete the shortcut from the desktop and make a shortcut to the cracked exe you bypass the launcer. Or do like you said instead of just deleting it have is point to Sims2ep6.exe but without doing one of those the launcher will still come up using the default shortcut, with or without the no-cd key.

No one has mentioned a patched no-cd crack in existence as of yet. The patch is not recommended here at the moment anyway. You can check the BV patch thread for info on that.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9947.0.html
You are correct in the procedure in the event that a patched no-cd comes into existence.

Yes, you can use the maty hacks to fix that anyway. Even if you had patched we would tell you to keep it in anyway, because the patch only addresses the redundant spawning of the BV npcs, when real a similar issue has existed since the beginning. Your maids, gardeners and other npcs could still spawn extras that aren't needed. So even if you patch, keep in antiredundancy.

The only mod that I can think of that is effected by patches on occasion is InTeen. This particular patch does not effect that mod. No-cd cracks have no other effect on your game or it's files other then that whole patch issue.
If you start the game with the no-cd crack and discover that your build and buy modes are grayed out, get another crack, that one was made badly.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 October 16, 03:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'fairlight' thing is a replacement for the game .exe, so no image or CD is required to play it.  Just keep a copy of the original .exe around, because you'll need to restore it when a patch comes out.

This is something I just saw that I did'nt take notice of before. I'll have to do something to restore the exe if a patch comes out?  I was thinking you just delete the crack you were using and replaced it with the new one. Morriganrant thanks for that info..   Is this talking about that other way with the Daemon tools? Or is there something else I need to know in case the Patched no Cd Crack is released?

Btw thanks so much everyone for your help.
Raene
Asinine Airhead

Blah.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 October 16, 04:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patches are why we rename the original exe to Sims2Ep6.bak instead of outright deleting it. In the event of a patched no-cd coming out, you will need to delete the no-cd you have now, rename sims2ep6.bak back to sims2ep6.exe, install the patch from EAxis, rename sims2ep6.exe back to sims2ep6.bak, and drop in the new patch compatible no-cd cracked exe.

~Raene/Nikki
Eventually I might plop something of interest here.
trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 October 16, 05:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patches are why we rename the original exe to Sims2Ep6.bak instead of outright deleting it. In the event of a patched no-cd coming out, you will need to delete the no-cd you have now, rename sims2ep6.bak back to sims2ep6.exe, install the patch from EAxis, rename sims2ep6.exe back to sims2ep6.bak, and drop in the new patch compatible no-cd cracked exe.

Wow it seems complicated yet its not at the same time. Its a lot to deal with. It was just so much easier when you could put your game in and go. I have successfully put everything into place, and so far I've not found any trace of SecuROM. So thank you all very much for your help.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 16, 05:45:53 by trevanac » Logged
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 October 16, 12:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cut and pasted the launcher and the original Sims2ep6.exe into a folder, onto another drive for safe keeping, and replaced with a no-cd crack, Ihave had no problems running my game.
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 October 16, 14:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It installs and runs when you use the disc for Bon Voyage to play. Once you bypass that (using a different shortcut like a no-cd patch) you no longer need to use the Bon Voyage disc to play the game therefore no SecuROM.   Wink

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: 2007 October 16, 15:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if it is actually the Sims2EP6.exe that installs Securom. I've noticed a mysterious command window that shows up after you enter your serial number when you are installing the game that never showed up for previous expansions. From what I know about Securom 7, a decryption key needs to be installed on the computer before the game can load. It may not install the whole thing, but something is definitely being added.

On a somewhat related note, are there any programmers here that would be able to follow the directions in Tutorial: Special Issue For SecuRom 7.30.0014 Complete Owning?

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 October 16, 20:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can attest to the fact that you need not run the actual .exe for SecuRom to latch itself to your computer. I never ran the real .exe, no launcher, only the no-cd crack. I thought I was safe because the service did not show up, and there was no folder. I even skimmed the registry, though not well enough the first time, as I found it hidden in there a few days later.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 October 16, 20:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that if you install BV under an account that does not have Admin privileges then it will install SecuRom service on install. If it is installed on an Admin account then it installs when you run the game. I could be wrong. I do know that if you remove securom and then try to play using the original exe then SecuRom will re-install itself.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 October 16, 21:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be sure, and because I don't really want to read up on 7 pages of posts for something I found out about this week, I just wanted to ask this:

All you need to download from the interweb to run the game is a no-cd crack.

No weird wonky tools, or other bits of hacked mayhem? Just a crack?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 October 16, 21:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you need to download from the interweb to run the game is a no-cd crack.

No weird wonky tools, or other bits of hacked mayhem? Just a crack?
Correct. I got mine from www.gamecopyworld.com, the Fairlight variety. I can't go there right now to directly link the download...bad place to browse to at work.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 October 16, 21:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that if you install BV under an account that does not have Admin privileges then it will install SecuRom service on install. If it is installed on an Admin account then it installs when you run the game. I could be wrong. I do know that if you remove securom and then try to play using the original exe then SecuRom will re-install itself.

That is correct -- if you install it on an admin account, no SecuROM stuff shows up on the machine until you run the .exe for the first time. And then it's only registry keys, not the whole kit-and-caboodle that installs under a limited-rights user account.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 October 16, 21:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, the installation of Securom by a noCD.exe is dependent on the noCd.exe that you get.The Fairlight version is said to be SecuromFREE, and proclaims itself to be so in it's ReadMe file that is included it the download.

All that 'will install on a user account/not on an admin acount' or whatever I think is BS. I am on Vista and use an Admin account and it installed the first time I installed, but not the second time. The first time, I did inadvertantly use the launcher ONCE. Then used the EA .exe and Securom 'got my PC' and I found the service and all folders installed.

The second time I installed BV, launcher was never used, went directly to the EA .exe and some of Securom was installed,keys and folders,  but not the service file. The third time I installed BV, I dropped the noCD.exe in right after the install finished and I never have yet played while connected to the internet (still recovering from the last Securom bout and I'm chicken cluck cluck) and I am, so far, Securom free.

Screw their lousy patch. I'll use God's (JM's) fixes, thank you.

Has anyone read: EA is telling everyone that using the noCd.exe is illegal--which if I understand everything correctly is ILLEGAL of THEM to be telling everyone that!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 October 16, 22:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I installed using a torrented version, but a no cd crack was not out for BV when I first ran the game, which was the day of release for America. I had the reg keys, I had a file in my system 32 folder and I had a SecuRom folder(although it was empty). This was installed on my admin account.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 October 17, 00:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All that 'will install on a user account/not on an admin acount' or whatever I think is BS. I am on Vista and use an Admin account and it installed the first time I installed, but not the second time. The first time, I did inadvertantly use the launcher ONCE. Then used the EA .exe and Securom 'got my PC' and I found the service and all folders installed.
If you used the launcher, you used the original .exe as well. All the launcher does is bring up a splash screen with the ads pulled from the official site, and the PLAY button. Pressing the PLAY button runs script to load the original .exe. Now, theoretically, if you apply the no-CD crack beforehand and then use the launcher, SecuROM won't install because it's not present on the Fairlight crack. But why waste 10 seconds looking at that stupid adware?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 October 17, 03:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second time I installed BV, launcher was never used, went directly to the EA .exe and some of Securom was installed,keys and folders,  but not the service file.

Well, it may be a Vista difference then (I've read messages from folks saying it behaves differently under Vista) -- I have Win XP, and never saw anything other than the registry keys, and I did start it with the launcher the first time, and didn't have a no-cd.exe yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2007 October 17, 06:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering if it is actually the Sims2EP6.exe that installs Securom. I've noticed a mysterious command window that shows up after you enter your serial number when you are installing the game that never showed up for previous expansions. From what I know about Securom 7, a decryption key needs to be installed on the computer before the game can load. It may not install the whole thing, but something is definitely being added.
I noticed that command window too. I'd reinstalled all my games and Fashion Stuff had the command window as well; none of the others did.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 October 17, 14:05:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yuck. This is getting so confusing. So, even if I reformat and install the game, I may STILL get SecuRom even if I use a no-CD crack?

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 October 17, 17:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reformatted last week and re-installed the game and am using a no-CD crack, and there's no obvious trace of SecuROM on my PC (nothing in the registry, nor do I have the Application Data folder), so I'd say you should be fine.
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 October 17, 18:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yuck. This is getting so confusing. So, even if I reformat and install the game, I may STILL get SecuRom even if I use a no-CD crack?

There's no reason why you should have to reformat. Hell, I didn't even uninstall BV. I just downloaded the Fairlight(sp?) no-cd.exe and replaced my Sims2Ep6.exe with it. I checked the desktop shortcut to make sure it wasn't pointing at the launcher, then followed the instructions posted here for removing SecuRom. Easy as can be.

Are you running XP or Vista? The procedure for removing SecuRom might vary for Vista, but other than that, you shouldn't have to jump through flaming hoops to resolve this. If you're set on reformatting anyway, you might as well give the removal a try first.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 October 17, 19:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, no. SecuRom isn't why I'm reformatting. *laughs* Sorry, I mentioned it in another thread. I having a virus issue. It keeps restoring itself. I cannot trace the files, and it's mostly adware that only pops up if the internet is connected. So, running google searches for what's busted is difficult.

I don't want to do a google search for most of these ads at work anyways. I might get fired.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 October 17, 19:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh... my sympathies. Last time I let someone use my computer they managed to let VirusProtectPro crap get on it. After dealing with those annoying popups... meh! I can understand the desire to scream and reformat. (Of course, it was my own damn fault for not having anti-virus turned on...) Best of luck to you. Wink

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: