More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 03:46:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Starting "anew"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Starting "anew"  (Read 16819 times)
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Starting "anew"
« Reply #25 on: 2005 July 27, 21:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, what are you talking about. Are you still smarting from Ancients "cuddly father christmas" remark? I agree, that must have been extremely insulting to you, but tell you what. I'll get Oddysey's aliens and see if I can isolate your sim-image so I can use only your sim as a replacement for the alien. Should one of my sims become the proud parent of a JM-sim, I'll try to alter the brow-ridge to a fearsome scowl. Although, I don't use cheats, so an abduction could be pretty long in coming.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 July 27, 22:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Characters with "no character data" consist of only a portrait, that you can basically substitute in for any deceased "no character data" sim. Generate a townie, kill him, destroy his tombstone, and replace his portrait. Modify the appropriate fiddlybits in the neighborhood editor for proper personality, sex, etc., just in case, and you're all set. No genetic data to worry about here.

Could you expand a on the portrait replacement bit? And do you mean generate a Townie using the mailbox? Sorry to be dense here, but this is my first encounter with this info. Perhaps a short tutorial for the computer-tech-challenged? Please?
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 July 27, 23:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Characters with "no character data" consist of only a portrait, that you can basically substitute in for any deceased "no character data" sim. Generate a townie, kill him, destroy his tombstone, and replace his portrait. Modify the appropriate fiddlybits in the neighborhood editor for proper personality, sex, etc., just in case, and you're all set. No genetic data to worry about here.

Could you expand a on the portrait replacement bit? And do you mean generate a Townie using the mailbox? Sorry to be dense here, but this is my first encounter with this info. Perhaps a short tutorial for the computer-tech-challenged? Please?

*Goes to stand in line behind Reg.*

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 July 27, 23:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My third question: Can any of my houses be saved? If I empty them and put them into the lots and houses bin, is there any risk involved in putting them into the new neighborhood?
All houses can be salvaged intact with no risk, provided you remove all sims (and possibly all tombstones). They can even be salvaged intact with all furnishings, if you kill all of the inhabitants or are especially adept at manipulating the lot file backups. As you plan on destroying the original neighborhood, the former method is considerably easier. Kill everyone, destroy all the tombstones, and you have a clean lot.

You can also get the"things stay" shrub from simlogical .. simply click on it to make everything stay before you leave the lot.  then move it to the bin .. or package it and install it back in
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 July 28, 08:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of any place I can get the characters (clean, physical, bodyshop characters-no ties!) of the Pleasantville ancestors of the Broke family, Goth family, etc.? I'm trying to recreate all that history again and I'm not sure of the best way to do it. If not, I guess I'll have to use my own talents in Bodyshop, but I don't wanna.  So far I have all my characters cloned, and I cloned the living Pleasantville characters. I'm just getting into creating family ties and I haven't even touched the memories yet.

Brynne, I have gone way way back and started from scratch with all of the pleasantview families. I used the current characters as templates to recreate their ancestors. EG I used Mortimer and Cassandra as templates to recreate the Goth and Crumplebottom ancestors. Then I used Bella to recreate the Bachelor ancestors. With a little bit of tweaking in Cas or body shop, it's quite easy (but time consuming) to get them all back.
I then played them all the way I thought their lives should turn out. So far,  I am almost back to the present day Pleasantview. Of course, doing it this way does not give you clones of the current characters, but it's fun and it helped me to regain an interest in the game when I thought I'd gotten too bored with it.

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 July 28, 18:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Goth ancestors cloned, now, I just can't remember which is which! But I guess it doesn't really matter, from what J.M. said. And it's a relief that I don't have to worry about genetics, there. I may just clone the adult Dustin, name him Skip, and kill him. They look pretty much identical from what I can tell.
Okay, genetics question, now: I have sims that are the sons of Brandi Broke and one of my own sims. I also have a teenage boy and two female children from that same sim and Bella Goth (check out my avatar! That's Joe-the sim I'm referring to- with Justin Goth-Bayfield as a toddler! Joe's a romance sim and has been around the Pleasantville block Wink) . Anyway, with them now cloned and in the new neighborhood, will the cloned Justin's offspring carry genetics from the cloned Bella and Joe? Or, rather, will they look the same way they would as the original Justin's offspring in Pleasantville would? That may be a ridiculous question, but I'm curious as to how the genetics of a clone work.

edit to ask:
Can you tell us how to change the neighborhood terrain without losing any characters, etc? Puh-leeze?

edit to withdraw question. Just noticed the tutorial thread...
« Last Edit: 2005 July 28, 19:11:53 by Brynne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: