More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 12:32:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  need help off topic - how to burn DVDs to DVDs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: need help off topic - how to burn DVDs to DVDs  (Read 4601 times)
burnished_dragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
need help off topic - how to burn DVDs to DVDs
« on: 2008 November 10, 18:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I arggg some workout DVD, now I would like to be able to burn them on to DVD's that will work in the DVD player.  What I want is to be able to access the menu system as it would be easier to workout that way.
I am a newbie at doing some of this stuff.  If I posted in the wrong forum - I can handle the crap you will hand out LOL.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: need help off topic - how to burn DVDs to DVDs
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 10, 18:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you need a dvd burner and the software that goes with it. I recommend nero.
burnished_dragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 10, 18:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have the burner and the software, I guess my question is for example the one when I play it on the computer there is not a menu like when in the dvd player. So if I burn this to DVD does the menu option show up or will it be the same as the video on the computer.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 10, 18:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been quite a while since I made a CD/DVD, but I remember that I had to make the menu myself.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 10, 19:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to take your question to a more appropriate forum. Just as there are forums and websites devoted to Sims-related topics, like MATY, there are also forums and websites devoted to CD and DVD burning, authoring, and copying topics, like Video Help. That site has tutorials for doing a number of different tasks, like copying DVDs (which is what you want to do.) There are even alternate tutorials for different programs.

There are also additional tutorials there for special situations. For example, you are talking about copying a commercial DVD. Odds are, it's copy-protected. That means just using Nero is possibly not going to work. You may have to use an additional program to defeat the copy-protection. There was a program able to bypass some forms of copy-protection, DVD Shrink, but I'm not sure it's available any more, because even though you are legally allowed to back up DVDs or convert them into AVIs for your personal use, industry lobbyists attempt to outlaw any tool that can be used in that way.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 10, 20:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the file is an ISO or a Video_ts folder, then, yes, there will be menus.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 11, 06:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use something like Nero Recode. But I'm with talysman, this is not the most appropriate place to get step by step instructions. If you're feeling really game, you could ask in Retardo Land.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 12, 16:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have the burner and the software, I guess my question is for example the one when I play it on the computer there is not a menu like when in the dvd player. So if I burn this to DVD does the menu option show up or will it be the same as the video on the computer.

You need to use video editing software to add menus and the like.  Windows comes with a decent but limited one (Movie Maker, I think it's called), but for real fancy stuff you need video editing software (i.e., Pinnacle Studio).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 November 12, 21:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you need DVD authoring software to add menus. Windows Movie Maker only adds titles or captions to video. You then import your completed video into an authoring app to arrange your DVD menus and other things, like should the movie autoplay or where chapters begin. The confusion may come from the all-in-one features of Pinnacle Studio and a couple other apps like Arcsoft Showbiz DVD, which I use because it came with my DVD Rom and I'm too cheap to buy a real authoring package.

I've been looking for a free replacement with more features, but it seems like the only genuine free authoring app is DVDStyler. I wasn't able to get it to create an ISO or burn a DVD previously, but it looks like there's been a couple version changes since then.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: