More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 11:15:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Glamour Life outfit crashes the game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glamour Life outfit crashes the game  (Read 4297 times)
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Glamour Life outfit crashes the game
« on: 2007 September 23, 01:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave in and bought GLS, Celebrations and the H&M packs and the game keeps crashing.  There is one particular outfit from Glamour that seems responsible whether choosing it in game or in CAS

Have just installed BV but the stuff packs were added after Seasons.  Should they have been installed in order or doesn't it matter?? 

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Glamour Life outfit crashes the game
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 23, 01:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be wrong, but I don't think it matters what order you installed the stuff packs.  As to the crashing, I've never heard of it happening to anyone else, so it might be worth checking that you don't have a downloaded mesh with the same GUID as the GL item that seems to be the problem.  I think that could happen if the download was made before GL, and I would suggest (provided you are a PC and not a Mac user) running a check of your clothing folder in SimPE, which ought to throw up a GUID conflict.

If you do find that this is what has happened, and the problem mesh is still available for download (ie not from a deceased site) then, if they haven't already updated the mesh,  you could contact the creator to let them know there is a problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 25, 19:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran SimPE, there were no conflicts.  I had some CC that enabled Glamour Stuff without the pack, but I had already removed it before I installed BV.  Today we had a new problem the game isn't recognising the disc and says - Please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000). Similar problem as on this thread so I'm going to try now to see if it will run without a disc.

Do you think EAxis are shipping pirated DVDs in official packs?

ETA: I have solved part of the problem by uninstalling Avast! which leaves me with no anti-virus protection.  Oh well, the rest my PC can go kaput as long as I can play Sims.  This must be what EAxis is striving for.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 26, 16:41:10 by kacidama » Logged

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 01, 00:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you leaving your AV software running when playing your game? That could've been part of the problem. You should always disable your antivirus before firing up your game. I'd recommend AVG antivirus. I've been using it for a few years now, and have never had problems with it -- it even found things that other softwares had missed. It's easily disabled from your system tray, and best of all, it's free!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 01, 01:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think AV software is overrated anyway. I've been running without it for years and haven't had a problem.
Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 01, 03:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you leaving your AV software running when playing your game? That could've been part of the problem. You should always disable your antivirus before firing up your game. I'd recommend AVG antivirus. I've been using it for a few years now, and have never had problems with it -- it even found things that other softwares had missed. It's easily disabled from your system tray, and best of all, it's free!

Just out of curiosity... Why is disabling the antivirus software necessary?  I've also been using AVG for years but have never disabled it for any reason and it has never interfered with any of my games.

kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 02, 00:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been running the game with the broadband disconnected - I had the AVG anti-virus before and it was ok so I may reinstall that.  (Avast was free too)
De-fragging helped a bit  - we can play a few hours without a problem - then clicking on a maxis item in the catalogue either makes it freeze or crash.  It isn't always the same item so it is very frustrating.

Saving hard now for a new system with lots of RAM...

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 05, 08:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Avast does seem to cause some gameplay lag, I right click the icon and then click 'Stop On-Access Protection' when I want to play TS2.  It only affects this game though.  As to problems, how are you to know you have a sneaky virus if you don't have anything to detect it  Roll Eyes  My AVs have stopped a few over the years, I've learnt to avoid certain types of websites because of it.  Plus they can detect outbound viruses which protects other users often using your e-mail. For all you know your pc could be a slave that infects other pcs, it's bad form not to use anti-virus.  At the very least you should have firewall protection.
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 05, 11:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AVG is about 100 times better than Avast, and it doesn't have annoying little AOL-style popups.

Get AVG Spyware too and run it once a week. They're all free!

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 05, 17:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using avast! for many years, it's never caused a problem with my game and until recently I left it running while I played. Now with BV, I disconnect from the internet before I load the game so I stop avast! since I don't need to have it running when I'm not connected.

under Troubleshooting you can tell it to check for full screen applications (ie; games) before displaying pop ups. some of the messages can be turned off also, under Confirmations.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: