More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 09:13:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Groom interaction query
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Groom interaction query  (Read 4235 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Groom interaction query
« on: 2007 June 30, 10:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim with 9 neatness, her relationship with her son is 100/100, and his with her is 100/86.  He's a child.  According to the Prima Guide (yeah, I know it's not worth the bookshelf space) she should have the "appreciate/groom" option.  His hygiene is definitely below 90, as he's in hygiene desperation.

The only appreciate option she has when she clicks on him is "appreciate/cheer up" and that's only if his other moods contribute to putting him in a bad mood.  I've tried playing with her personality, to see if it's her grouchiness or shyness that is preventing the option from appearing, but that's not it.  Messed around with his personality too.

Can anyone tell me what is required for me to direct this sim to groom her child?  I'm running Seasons P3, and I'm wondering if I've overlooked a requirement, or if EAxis borked groom when they fixed primp.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Groom interaction query
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 30, 12:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not certain this action works adult-to-child.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 30, 13:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did work at one point, I'm reasonably sure...I could swear it was an acceptable adult-to-child interaction, as well as adult-to-adult.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 30, 15:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried to use groom before, but I thought I'd have another go at Apocalypse.  I ran through it 3 times in the original version a while back.  This time I'm adding the Seasons rules (and pretending I don't have Pets installed so I can ignore the Pets rules - uncontrollable elders?  No freaking way am I letting sims loose on free will in a multi-generation challenge without the ability to command them.  I'm neither awesome enough nor crazy enough to do that)

My only reference for Groom is the Prima Guide for the base game (which, as we all know, is often wrong).  It states:
"Groom
* Who: Adult/elder to child
Always accepted."

Then in one of those Note boxes it adds:
"Note: Availability requires that a child's Hygiene be below 90.  Interaction satisfies 30 Hygiene."

I'll just take this as either another example of the Prima guide being wrong or EAxis removing this interaction from parents/kids.  I'm planning on getting my founder a job in medical once this kid hits teen anyway, so I'll just live with lots of handwashing by the kid until then.  I thought I'd have my female founder produce her heir before she tries to find the job she wants, as she can only take the first job in the paper and it may have been too late for her to breed by the time she finds the job and hits the top.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 30, 15:34:20 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 01, 01:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost certain I used the groom action on a child once before training him in logic on the medicine machine.  Seemed like a good idea to make sure his hygiene was maxed out before messing with the machine.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 01, 02:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed it was gone, too. I have a pic somewhere of one of my adult sims grooming his child, so it was there once upon a time.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 01, 03:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh -- they probably broke it when they fixed the Primp interaction. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 01, 05:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I've seen it between adults, but never between an adult and a child. I didn't even know it existed. D'oh.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 01, 10:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it used to be there between adult/teen offspring and may still be--haven't looked for it lately. I don't think I've ever seen it available between adult/child, though. Of course, if it was ever there for the shorties, I could have missed it.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 03, 20:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pic I have of an adult grooming a child was taken back when Uni first came out. I haven't seen it available for adult/child in a while, though. Maybe it was squelched in one of the EPs?

I know the adult/teen grooming option is still there. I use it all the time. It depends what the groomee is wearing, from what I can tell. I can't get a sim to groom another sim if that sim is in a swimsuit. PJs? Yes. Formal? Yes. Nekkie? Haven't tried, but will, b/c it sounds amusing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: