More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 07:56:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  College student's grade meter is stuck?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: College student's grade meter is stuck?  (Read 3964 times)
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
College student's grade meter is stuck?
« on: 2006 February 18, 20:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez, when it rains, it, uh, rains slightly harder.

Okay, so in my custom neighborhood I've got alien twins and I sent them to college. One of the girls' grade meters is stuck on the lowest level despite her having all the necessary skill points. Her sister's grade meter is normal. I've tried having her change her major and change it back, I tried using the college adjuster to add a point to each of the required skills (thinking maybe the game wasn't recognizing that she had the points or something), and she's been to class and back. What gives?

Screenshot

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: College student's grade meter is stuck?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 18, 21:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what causes it but I have had it happen before. I fixed it by moving the sim out to a different lot. You may be able to then move her back in.

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 18, 21:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting her with "move_objects on", that should fix her.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 18, 21:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried moving her into a dorm and her grade meter was fixed, but then when I moved her back in with her sister, it went back to the way it was. I deleted her and went to the neighborhood without saving (was I supposed to save? I don't want to delete her forever) and when I came back her grades were still stuck. Sad

I think I'm going to move them into a different house - they can't really afford the one they're in right now anyway.

ETA: alright, they both have functioning grade meters now. Phew.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 18, 21:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting with moveobjects on won't delete your sim forever - you do have to save and exit to the neighborhood for it to work, but when you come back they will be standing by the mailbox with motives full. It can fix a number of problems.  However, since moving back in to the old house didn't work but moving to a brand new one did, I would suspect that it was the house that was the problem. Was it, by any chance, one that came with the University?

chickengirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 18, 22:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting with moveobjects on won't delete your sim forever - you do have to save and exit to the neighborhood for it to work, but when you come back they will be standing by the mailbox with motives full. It can fix a number of problems.  However, since moving back in to the old house didn't work but moving to a brand new one did, I would suspect that it was the house that was the problem. Was it, by any chance, one that came with the University?

Yes, it was the really expensive one ($7000 or something) in Sim State U.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 18, 22:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem was also with a Maxis-made house, although mine was with one of the wee two-story ones in La Fiesta Tech. I think the premade houses oftne have problems, although I have no idea why that would be so.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: