More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:40:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Whizzing Kids
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Whizzing Kids  (Read 15756 times)
Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Whizzing Kids
« on: 2005 September 04, 14:07:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game when a boy uses the toilet standing up it sounds like a xylophone going up and down the scales.  Is that normal for the game and if so, did they do it on purpose?   Huh

It obviously doesn't cause any problems, except me looking around to try and figure out what is making this weird noise.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Whizzing Kids
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 04, 14:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's normal, if  the sim is skilled in creativity; you hear a melody, when he pees in the toilet...Smiley.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 04, 14:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's normal, if really weird. I think it's alluding to this thing I've heard about that one can put into a toilet to help little boys aim; apparently it makes musical notes when the kid hits the mark. So to speak.  Smiley

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 04, 14:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is just bizarre on so many levels.  I am not able to hear those sounds, but it is funny to know.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 04, 18:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All sim boys make that sound when they tinkle, regardless of creativity skill.  In a Maxis chat, they said some such thing about the dynamics of the height of the child and the toilet bowl or something.  I think someone had asked them why it didn't work for girls.   Roll Eyes
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 04, 20:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

males of other ages still make the sound - it's just at a different volume and tone, so not as easily heard.

Ness
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 04, 21:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention the way adult males have an 'intermission' mid-flow before they resume at it again, heeheehee Cheesy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 04, 22:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's normal, if really weird. I think it's alluding to this thing I've heard about that one can put into a toilet to help little boys aim; apparently it makes musical notes when the kid hits the mark. So to speak.  Smiley
They have a such thing? In my day, we just used a dead bug.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 23:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have a such thing? In my day, we just used a dead bug.
Oh you know, anything to make a buck nowadays.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 06, 01:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you said "having a tinkle" or words to that effect - and isn't that the sound, really?  Tinkle, tinkle, little sim, now I wonder where you've bin?......

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 06, 01:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you said "having a tinkle" or words to that effect - and isn't that the sound, really?  Tinkle, tinkle, little sim, now I wonder where you've bin?......
That's what my dad always said (going to go tinkle, not have a tinkle).  I guess the sound is where it came from.  I could do without those sound effects, though.  If they are going to make sounds for that, why not the other?  I guess when the sim sits down, it blocks out the sound somehow...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 06, 01:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno!  But I have a cute pic of Keanu Broke's daughter Brandi Elizabeth and her mother Carolyn Richmond in the bathroom sharing a communal moment on the potties ( well, the loo and the potty!)  It's in a thread at SimFreaks Forum if you're interested.  But no tinkle, I'm afraid!

(I can remember back when I was at college way back in the 70's that the "in" expression among young males was "point percy at the porcelain"!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 07, 02:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what my dad always said (going to go tinkle, not have a tinkle).  I guess the sound is where it came from.  I could do without those sound effects, though.  If they are going to make sounds for that, why not the other?  I guess when the sim sits down, it blocks out the sound somehow...

I think the problem with that is when Sims sit on the toilet, they could be going poo, and some people don't like to hear the "plopping" noise.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 07, 02:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All sim boys make that sound when they tinkle, regardless of creativity skill.  In a Maxis chat, they said some such thing about the dynamics of the height of the child and the toilet bowl or something.  I think someone had asked them why it didn't work for girls.   Roll Eyes

That's because girls 'whisper' - Warning: Don't confuse us by asking us to whisper in your ear - Cuz, it won't be a sweet nothing !

Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 07, 02:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Whiz Kids, has anyone had a bed-wetting Sim child and teen?

Apparently, many have, because I noticed that Inge has a global patch for this.  I can understand toddlers, but I have never had this happen in my game, so I wondered how frequent it is.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 07, 03:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is just an action Inge made. Without her hack, bedwetting doesn't exist in Sims 2.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 07, 03:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They always wake up in time!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 07, 03:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem with that is when Sims sit on the toilet, they could be going poo, and some people don't like to hear the "plopping" noise.
Well, like I said, I could do without even the sound of the male sims peeing.  Some things are better left to our imagination.  This is the Sims, after all, and it's not possible or desirable to have everything true to life!  It's a parody of life.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 07, 03:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but the kids are funny!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 07, 03:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is just an action Inge made. Without her hack, bedwetting doesn't exist in Sims 2.

That's what I wondered, but I thought I might have been missing some little Easter egg goody in my game.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 07, 04:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I wondered, but I thought I might have been missing some little Easter egg goody in my game.

LOL.....Not sure if I'd like the easter bunny to bring me that type of gift ayway  Undecided

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 07, 04:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it's one way of making sure the little monsters go for a shower before they play on the play station or the computer!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 07, 04:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you know beds could break?  I heard about this on MTS2 in the thread for Lizz Love's love bed.  Someone's sims broke the bed woohooing in it, and Lizz said that wasn't just her bed, it's a part of the game, but it doesn't happen much.  Apparently kids can break beds by jumping on them too much.  Has anyone witnessed this?
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 07, 04:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it's one way of making sure the little monsters go for a shower before they play on the play station or the computer!

I dunno.... mine usually just stand there waving there arms at me, then when I ignore their requests for a shower (cause I tend to think "Don't complain to me, just go and wash will you!!) they usually decide to explore more fun pursuits like eating whilst inhaling their body odour fumes....yum, yum!

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 07, 04:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno.... mine usually just stand there waving there arms at me, then when I ignore their requests for a shower (cause I tend to think "Don't complain to me, just go and wash will you!!) they usually decide to explore more fun pursuits like eating whilst inhaling their body odour fumes....yum, yum!

I think it depends on how sloppy they are!

Did you know beds could break?  I heard about this on MTS2 in the thread for Lizz Love's love bed.  Someone's sims broke the bed woohooing in it, and Lizz said that wasn't just her bed, it's a part of the game, but it doesn't happen much.  Apparently kids can break beds by jumping on them too much.  Has anyone witnessed this?

I didn't know, but yet another good reason for not letting the little so-and -so visiting townie kids from jumping on the parents expensive bed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: