More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 22:01:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No romantic interactions?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No romantic interactions?  (Read 11129 times)
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
No romantic interactions?
« on: 2005 September 02, 13:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started on my legacy house.  I'm trying to get my sim to marry an NPC without much luck.  I currently have 2 ladies available(amy the papergirl and Nicole a cashier from the community lot) but neither one is working.  I can interact with them just fine, talk, play, etc..  My daily relationships with them are both in the 95-100 range.  All I get is the friendly hug.  No romantic hug, no flirting, no kissing, no woohoo.  I tried using the macro:socialize:romantic, the red heart will appear in the que and then disappear without any interaction.

Any idea's?
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: No romantic interactions?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 02, 13:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The papergirl and cashier are both teenagers, were you trying to get an adult to romance them? If you are, then the option isn't available because adults can't have romantic relations with teenagers.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 02, 15:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is normal. Prima Guide (not a definitive authority by any means, but useful for confirmation) says that the cashier won't have romantic interactions available while on duty, unlike other NPCs. Try interacting with them while they are off duty. (for the papergirl, invite her over, as if she enters the lot to deliver the paper she's on duty for the duration of the visit and will leave if you stop interacting with her, rather than doing "random visitor crap") If they're still being weird, (and it's a teenager doing the romancing, as CS said) that's a bad thing.

If you can't resolve this issue, try ordering delivery pizza, chinese food, or groceries. If all of your standard delivery persons are male, either inviting the ones you know over to your house before ordering, which forces the game to pick/generate a new one, or just order it several times. Alternatively, you can invite the maid over before he or she would normally arive, which also forces the game to give you a different one for that day.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 02, 15:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teens huh, I'll need to check it with SIMPE.

If so, they will be taking a little trip to UNI to be available for down the line.  Hate doing that work for nothing.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 02, 20:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get Moveinall, then invite them to move in.  Grow them up and then you can woohoo all you want!

Zephyr Zodiac
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 02, 20:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, thats not the point of a legacy challenge.  I will probably use them at some point as part of the bloodline, but i want to stay as close as i can to the intent of the challenge..
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 02, 20:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but I can't see the difference between using hacks and messing with files in SimPE!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 02, 20:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Checking* in SimPE isn't cheating, as long as nothing is modified.  But you don't need to check... all the cashiers and newspaper delivery people are teens.

Have a look at http://www.legacychallenge.com if you haven't already. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 02, 21:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even without SimPE, I knew that.  And you can get simteens to fall in love with George, but he's not really a very nice sim, you know!

I don't do challenges, but I was just pointing out that the only way you can grow a teen Townie up is with moveinall or altering their files.  You therefore need to stick to the NPCs mentioned by Odyssey, plus the maid and repairpersons etc., and the townies who appear after work!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 02, 22:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

teen townies can be sent to uni without any cheats at all - they become playable sims and can then be married off to anyone...  I've done this quite often, myself...

Ness
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 02, 22:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot about that, since I never do it!  Ooops!

I might send George, though, as despite him not being very nice, I quite like him and with a different aspiration..........

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 03, 04:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

teen townies can be sent to uni without any cheats at all - they become playable sims and can then be married off to anyone... I've done this quite often, myself...

It always cracks me up to see them getting out of the taxi, still wearing their green aprons, like they didn't have time to change and went straight from work to college Cheesy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 03, 11:36:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you invite George over, as I've done on many occasions, he always arrives in his green apron!  I don't think he has any other clothes apart from his swimming trunks!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 03, 11:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like he has clothes but can't change them since he's a non-playable character. I used to grab townies walking by with the mind control mirror and using testingcheats, go through what pieces of clothings are available without buying any and changed their clothes and looks. Now with JMP's clothing tool, it's much easier  Wink. It's just too bad for these characters to share a big wardrobe with other npcs/townies but have no way to access it without player intervention  Undecided.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 03, 12:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, George isn't bad-looking for a Maxis creation, so whatever he wears he doesn't look too bad, but I defy anyone to improve the appearance of Komei without plastic surgery!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 03, 12:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heeheehee, that's true. It's his nose (Komei), otherwise he looks fine. At least he's not of the ugly and boring variety like Sandy Bruty, Melissa Fancey and Brandon Lillard just to mention a few. It's amazing the kind of wonders a nose job does. I finally caved and gave him one, swapped it instead of tweaking it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 03, 12:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just annoys me, when you look at the noses, mouths and chins in CAS, there are so few normal sized ones to choose from, and all those enormous ugly ones!  I've tried and tried to make a really cute snub nose, but it never really works, and unfortunately if you give parents a normal size nose, their offspring look like aliens with almost no nose at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 03, 12:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind slightly less than average looking sims (hey, I kept Ty Blubber), so long as they don't have the 'Gordon King' or 'Brandon Lilliard' genes. Brandon looks worse than Goopy, to me at least. Try giving him an extreme make-over and you realise you can't keep any original parts because it's beyond salvaging! So far, Komei is the only sim to undergo surgical enhancement, and even then, I gave him a nose close to his old one. He just had a set of twins (courtesy of twins-only hack by Merola) with Nina Caliente, the kids came out not looking as nice as the previous set in a previous version of gameplay; the previous set inherited Nina's looks, I thought they looked monkey-ish, the latest set looked like Sandy Bruty's somehow pollinated their genes pool (even though she's been deleted with SimPE) but without the circus-freak mouth. I hope they grow out of it, the way seemingly ugly kids in the game do, as i don't intend to change born-in-game sims' looks surgically.

... and unfortunately if you give parents a normal size nose, their offspring look like aliens with almost no nose at all!

Um, so did the offspring grow their nose out when they got older?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 03, 12:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, usually they look better as teens and adults, but not sure about the latest toddler to grow up!  Both parents are quite good-looking, both half-brothers are ok, but then since I created them in CAS their genes aren't related, but this little girl is definitely UGLY!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 03, 12:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Little girl" - well, there is hope yet she'll grow out of her ugly duckling phase  Smiley. The previous set of Caliente twins in a previous version of gameplay I mentioned grew up to look like their monkey-ish looking mother....
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 03, 13:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've verified it, they are teens.  darn the bad luck.  Anyway, I've used SIMpe for information purposes only.  I've not changed any datafile.

Thanks Hook for the link.

I'm not doing the challenge by the book.  I do have quite a few of JMP's hacks.  I just want to keep to the general idea of it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 03, 16:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're not going by the book, you could remove on hack and put in Moveinall, then as soon as you've moved in the teens you want, you can swop back - and the townie or NPC teens get a chance to apply for scholarships before they go to Uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 03, 18:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Komei looks fine without surgery - give him the short, slicked back hair in black and the thick-framed glasses and you have an instant Clark Kent. This is especially amusing when he turns out to be Captain Hero. X)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 03, 18:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess it depends who's playing Clark Kent!

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 03, 20:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. He's certainly no Christopher Reeve, more a generic comicbook superhero. He's definitely a lot better that way then he is with the chin-length red hair, though!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: