More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 12:45:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim France Crashing During Loading Screen - but not Egypt or China
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim France Crashing During Loading Screen - but not Egypt or China  (Read 2597 times)
Zhivan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim France Crashing During Loading Screen - but not Egypt or China
« on: 2009 November 28, 04:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only played household in Sunset Valley is able to go on vacations everywhere but France. The household is able to select France as a destination and get into the departing vehicle, the neighborhood screen loads, then about a minute into it I get a skip in the music that goes on for about eight seconds and the game crashes.

When I started this neighborhood, I created a sim in France for my main character to meet and maybe hook up with. When my main travelled to France, they did meet and after the vacation was over the main sim invited the French sim over and they did, in fact, get married. Both have careers and travelled frequently to all destinations, including France.

Then with no apparent trigger, I was sending the French sim to vacation in France the game crashed as in the first paragraph in this post. I restarted the computer, emptied the caches with the same result. I then tried the main sim and got the same load screen then crash. I even tried sending both and got the aniticipated crash.

I would appreciated it if anyone that has experienced this and found a work-around or cure could help me out here, or am I pretty much screwed until another patch comes out?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Sim France Crashing During Loading Screen - but not Egypt or China
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 28, 09:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you modify France and possibly put any custom objects saved in it?
Zhivan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sim France Crashing During Loading Screen - but not Egypt or China
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 28, 16:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Nanacake. The only modification was the creation and placement of the other sim, which did not require any hack or cheat code. I created the sim (no custom content) and added them to a household. When the sim from Sunset Valley went to visit, the sim I created in France appeared as the food vendor in the café.

I'm thinking the relationship has messed up being able to travel back and forth - a seperate neighborhood is able to travel back and forth with no problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: